why can't 3D World and Smash Bros 4 look like Mario Kart 8?

#1Killeryoshi8Posted 7/6/2013 12:54:53 AM
I'm not referring to the specific art style, but the general leap regarding graphics.

Mario Kart 8 looks really good. Compare it with Mario Kart Wii, and you see a true generational leap of improvement.

In my opinion this is not the case with 3D World and Smash Bros 4. Just compare those with Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl respectively, and except for a different art style, I don't really see an improvement in the graphics department.

I know graphics are not everything but it's disappointing to see that the Wii U probably can do more than what 3D World and Smash Bros 4 are showing.
---
Kerbal Space Program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E4TDYmyBq8
#2digiblasterPosted 7/6/2013 1:42:46 AM
3D World is fair enough, but SSB is still early in development - it may well improve over time.

Also, the Mega Man reveal trailer had gorgeous graphics.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#3FISSIONMAILEDGFPosted 7/6/2013 2:28:11 AM
It's true, MK8 has significantly better lighting effects and isn't just MK Wii with HD graphics like NSMB Wii U seemed like NSMB Wii with HD resolution (for the most part, the ghost section was actually very well done)

I hope to see that level of polish in the other 2 as well.
---
PSN ID FISSIONMAILEDGF Xbox Live FISSIONMAILED43
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=FISSIONMAILEDGF&
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/6/2013 2:29:48 AM
Part of it is because Mario Kart Wii's graphics were pretty subpar compared to Galaxy and Brawl.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5DarkAdonis123Posted 7/6/2013 3:06:52 AM(edited)
I have to agree, visually MK8 is a huge leap forward compared to MKWii. Where Smash Wii U so far just looks like a slightly better looking version of Brawl.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#6JackalPosted 7/6/2013 3:10:11 AM
Not enough resources.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#7muffinmasherPosted 7/6/2013 3:12:31 AM
I'll agree with this. Mario Kart 8 really nailed it visually, 3D world doesn't have the "wow" factor visually because it's something we've seen before.

Smash 4 I thought looked pretty good though, but i'll reserve judgement until I played it.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#8SmashBro25Posted 7/6/2013 4:32:45 AM
Having seen MK8 in person I can attest to just how amazing it looked. It was easily the best looking Wii U game at the demo station and one of the most crisp and clean looking games I had ever seen. I couldn't make out a blurry texture, the lighting was superb, and Bowser's shell looked terrific. Really tremendously impressed with how it looked.

In my opinion, while very fun to play, 3D World was the worst looking game there (not to say it had poor graphics, though).
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#9KAMMYqueenPosted 7/6/2013 4:45:22 AM
Super Smash Bros 4 looks much better than brawl don't know what your talking about
#10usaamahlinkPosted 7/6/2013 4:52:48 AM
I noticed Smash Bros was really great looking. Graphical differences are noticed in the details, which the Brawl trailer had in abundance. Pay attention to the background, especially in the battlefield stage. If you didn't notice that huge difference, then you really have no place complaining about graphical leaps.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)