Enough with Mario Kart! Give us Super Smash Bros Kart!!!

#11New LinkPosted 7/6/2013 4:36:21 AM
Am I the only one who thinks "bumper cars" when I hear "Super Smash Karts"
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#12HellsingOrgPosted 7/6/2013 4:59:39 AM
New Link posted...

wow you might be on to something...

keep percentages
instead of winning the goal is to knock of the karts from the stage.
knock players off by hitting them with items or bumping into them to increase their percentage
higher percentage damage and they fly off the track.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#13darkjedilinkPosted 7/6/2013 5:05:03 AM
RollerBob posted...
Good luck not getting SEGA to sue Nintendo over a game similar to Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing...

How could Sega sue Nintendo, when SASASR is clearly a ripoff of Mario Kart in the first place?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#14RollerBobPosted 7/6/2013 5:20:51 AM
darkjedilink posted...
RollerBob posted...
Good luck not getting SEGA to sue Nintendo over a game similar to Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing...

How could Sega sue Nintendo, when SASASR is clearly a ripoff of Mario Kart in the first place?

Nintendo didn't sue Sony for Crash Team Racing, Jak X: Combat Racing or LittleBigPlanet Karting, nor did it sue Sega for SASASR.

The idea of having a crossover IP kart racing game was made by Sega, but Nintendo created the kart racing genre, which is something they can't sue others over for using it. They also created the brawler genre for SSB, but they didn't sue Sony for PSASBR.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#15darkjedilinkPosted 7/6/2013 5:32:51 AM
RollerBob posted...
darkjedilink posted...
RollerBob posted...

Nintendo didn't sue Sony for Crash Team Racing, Jak X: Combat Racing or LittleBigPlanet Karting, nor did it sue Sega for SASASR.

The idea of having a crossover IP kart racing game was made by Sega, but Nintendo created the kart racing genre, which is something they can't sue others over for using it. They also created the brawler genre for SSB, but they didn't sue Sony for PSASBR.

So, you're claiming that Nintendo created the crossover, and the kart racing game, but Sega can sue Nintendo if Nintendo makes a crossover kart racing game?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#16KaabisteruPosted 7/6/2013 6:07:25 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
New Link posted...

wow you might be on to something...

keep percentages
instead of winning the goal is to knock of the karts from the stage.
knock players off by hitting them with items or bumping into them to increase their percentage
higher percentage damage and they fly off the track.

This sounds actually like a creative concept for a racing game.
---
The Official Starfy Of SSB4 /Komayto Of KIU Boards
3DS FC: 2793-0906-0731 / White 2 FC: 1335 5959 6892
#17RollerBobPosted 7/6/2013 6:12:05 AM
darkjedilink posted...
RollerBob posted...
darkjedilink posted...
RollerBob posted...

So, you're claiming that Nintendo created the crossover, and the kart racing game, but Sega can sue Nintendo if Nintendo makes a crossover kart racing game?

Odd, but... exactly:
- Nintendo created the kart racing genre, which they can't sue others for using it.
- Nintendo created the brawler genre, which they can't sue others for using it, again.
- Sega created the idea of a crossover kart racing game, which they CAN sue over because it's their idea. If Nintendo make a kart racing game with 8 Mario characters and 16 other Nintendo characters, Sega could sue Nintendo for copying SASASR and SAASRT.

Sega decided to make a kart racing game (even if karts are absent anyway) with their characters from Sonic and other IPs. Making a re-skinned version on that idea with a different company could lead to Sega sueing them for copying.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#18beetle717Posted 7/6/2013 11:33:15 AM
RollerBob posted...
darkjedilink posted...
RollerBob posted...
darkjedilink posted...
RollerBob posted...

Odd, but... exactly:
- Nintendo created the kart racing genre, which they can't sue others for using it.
- Nintendo created the brawler genre, which they can't sue others for using it, again.
- Sega created the idea of a crossover kart racing game, which they CAN sue over because it's their idea. If Nintendo make a kart racing game with 8 Mario characters and 16 other Nintendo characters, Sega could sue Nintendo for copying SASASR and SAASRT.

Sega decided to make a kart racing game (even if karts are absent anyway) with their characters from Sonic and other IPs. Making a re-skinned version on that idea with a different company could lead to Sega sueing them for copying.

But that's the same as copying kart racing from Nintendo. They wouldn't be able to copyright the entire idea of "multifranchise kart game" its too vague. Same as Nintendo can't copyright kart game.
---
Why is it my dog can hold it's bladder for 8 hours while I'm at work but only 25 mins when I'm home?
#19Starwars4JPosted 7/6/2013 11:38:20 AM
RollerBob posted...
Odd, but... exactly:

You clearly didn't think this through. You say that Nintendo came up with several ideas that other companies copied and that's fine. You then say that Sega took a permutation of Nintendo's idea and used it and that's fine. But if Nintendo did a permutation of their own idea that wouldn't be fine.

Think about your stance.

Also no one can sue over a genre, hate to tell you.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#20ukokira1Posted 7/6/2013 12:10:27 PM
RollerBob posted...

And watching SEGA fail.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11