follow up from the who do you think we quit consoles this gen poll

#1cybersonic233Posted 7/6/2013 5:26:25 AM
should one of the big 3 quit who do you want to take there place? - Results (76 votes)
Ouya
5.26% (4 votes)
GameStick
0% (0 votes)
Nvidia
3.95% (3 votes)
Sega
46.05% (35 votes)
Apple
7.89% (6 votes)
Google
3.95% (3 votes)
EA
5.26% (4 votes)
UbiSoft
0% (0 votes)
Activision
0% (0 votes)
None it should stay at 2
27.63% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
following up from a topic earlier in the week

I honestly would love a Dreamcast 2 from Sega
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/6/2013 5:31:49 AM
Nintendo vs Sega is the only console war worth following.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3cybersonic233(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 5:33:17 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Nintendo vs Sega is the only console war worth following.

sadly theres very little left of those days now
#4FayeLadyPosted 7/6/2013 5:33:24 AM
I would be fine only having 2 consoles on the market. It wouldn't be as hard to play everything.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5cybersonic233(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 5:35:07 AM
FayeLady posted...
I would be fine only having 2 consoles on the market. It wouldn't be as hard to play everything.

counting things like the Ouya its at about 6 or 7 for this gen a worrying repeat of 30 years ago
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/6/2013 5:35:31 AM
I think Sega could get away with mass producing the RingEdge if push came to shove.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#7mikebrand83Posted 7/6/2013 5:36:59 AM
One of the reasons why Bayonetta 2 is ending up on the Wii U in the first place is because Sega has been tightening up their belts, and focusing on a smaller number of their core franchises (especially when neither Sony nor Microsoft would give Platinum the time of day to fund a sequel). Given that fact, I seriously doubt Sega would risk going a complete 180 now and try their hand at hardware again any time soon.

Back on topic: I wouldn't be surprised if Apple, seeing how much of the handheld gaming pie they've already got on their hands, tried their luck to tangle with the big boys for the main console gaming market.
#8FayeLadyPosted 7/6/2013 5:39:07 AM
cybersonic233 posted...
FayeLady posted...

counting things like the Ouya its at about 6 or 7 for this gen a worrying repeat of 30 years ago

2 major consoles then. I doubt the Ouya is near the top of anyones lists looking to play exclusives
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#9cybersonic233(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 5:39:17 AM
mikebrand83 posted...
One of the reasons why Bayonetta 2 is ending up on the Wii U in the first place is because Sega has been tightening up their belts, and focusing on a smaller number of their core franchises (especially when neither Sony nor Microsoft would give Platinum the time of day to fund a sequel). Given that fact, I seriously doubt Sega would risk going a complete 180 now and try their hand at hardware again any time soon.

Back on topic: I wouldn't be surprised if Apple, seeing how much of the handheld gaming pie they've already got on their hands, tried their luck to tangle with the big boys for the main console gaming market.

honestly what would Sega call core franchise outside of Sonic?
#10BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/6/2013 5:39:29 AM
cybersonic233 posted...
FayeLady posted...

Ouya specifically shot themselves in the foot by scamming tons of people on Kickstarter. I don't see them as a true competitor in the market. I don't even know who the others are. Steambox? Is that thing real?
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.