follow up from the who do you think we quit consoles this gen poll

#11darkjedilinkPosted 7/6/2013 5:40:55 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
cybersonic233 posted...
FayeLady posted...
I would be fine only having 2 consoles on the market. It wouldn't be as hard to play everything.

counting things like the Ouya its at about 6 or 7 for this gen a worrying repeat of 30 years ago

Ouya specifically shot themselves in the foot by scamming tons of people on Kickstarter. I don't see them as a true competitor in the market. I don't even know who the others are. Steambox? Is that thing real?

Yes, Steambox is real. It's otherwise known as "PC."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#12cybersonic233(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 5:41:26 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
cybersonic233 posted...
FayeLady posted...
I would be fine only having 2 consoles on the market. It wouldn't be as hard to play everything.

counting things like the Ouya its at about 6 or 7 for this gen a worrying repeat of 30 years ago

Ouya specifically shot themselves in the foot by scamming tons of people on Kickstarter. I don't see them as a true competitor in the market. I don't even know who the others are. Steambox? Is that thing real?

GameStick and Nvidia Shield exist yea havent heard anything about SteamBox not sure if and when thats launching
#13iKhanicPosted 7/6/2013 5:43:40 AM
TC, why didn't you put an other option?

My answer is Namco-Bandai. Namco is already king of arcades and has several very strong and iconic franchises like Pac-man and Soul Calibur. But that's not the major reason they should replace someone leaving.

The reasons are, first, Namco is probably the most Japanese large video game company around. Their development style is very Japanese, and I feel like the market needs to turn more towards Japanese games.

Secondly, it's Namco-BANDAI now. So when you partner one of the biggest game companies and one of the largest toy companies, you can make some very creative ideas for a console. Bandai's past failures with consoles was because they worked with a tech company (see Apple-Bandai Pippin), but if they work between their two divisions, the console can be optimized for the games, and we can have someone other than Nintendo pushing for more original ideas for consoles
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#14cybersonic233(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 5:44:31 AM
iKhanic posted...
TC, why didn't you put an other option?

My answer is Namco-Bandai. Namco is already king of arcades and has several very strong and iconic franchises like Pac-man and Soul Calibur. But that's not the major reason they should replace someone leaving.

The reasons are, first, Namco is probably the most Japanese large video game company around. Their development style is very Japanese, and I feel like the market needs to turn more towards Japanese games.

Secondly, it's Namco-BANDAI now. So when you partner one of the biggest game companies and one of the largest toy companies, you can make some very creative ideas for a console. Bandai's past failures with consoles was because they worked with a tech company (see Apple-Bandai Pippin), but if they work between their two divisions, the console can be optimized for the games, and we can have someone other than Nintendo pushing for more original ideas for consoles

im limited to 10 I may redo this removing EA and UbiSoft tbh
#15LordBowserPosted 7/6/2013 6:13:09 AM
Actually, I voted 'stay at 2', but frankly I think I like the idea of Activision or EA having their own console. Then all of their garbage games could be on one console that I avoid and I wouldn't have to hear about them anymore, and could smile as I watched them fail and lose more money than ever before. Then maybe, they would have to be forced to make quality over quantity instead of jacking around with people. Nah...

Really though, besides being spiteful to two of the gaming companies I hate the most, I think 2 is plenty. And out of these, I really think the one to drop out should be Microsoft. They are just profiteering off of people's naivete and ignorance, people dumping cash because they don't know better or because their buddies are playing a generic FPS and feel left out.

Fortunately, I think more consumers will be aware this generation, especially since Microsoft will have virtually nothing exclusive except Halo and Gears of War, and an overpriced console that will almost certainly be struggling to sell.

But that's just my two coins. I really don't think that we need anymore consoles, we have quite a few as it is.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#16dancing_cactuarPosted 7/6/2013 6:14:43 AM
Sega's the only one I would trust, but since that's less likely than me finding a lump of gold in my house, I'd say the last option.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#17cybersonic233(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:03:58 AM
if EA had there own system how many microtransactions would be required to set it up?
#18LordrvPosted 7/8/2013 12:51:55 AM
Wii-Ya could totally replace Wii. It's aiming for the same casual audience.