So, how much do YOU care about the graphics in a game?

#1guedesbrawlPosted 7/6/2013 7:03:07 AM
Frankly, to me every game could look like DKC2 or one of the better looking 64 games that i would have enough. The rest is a meaningless bonus to me.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2Shadowbird_RHPosted 7/6/2013 7:05:13 AM
Graphics are nice and easy to appreciate, but they're hardly the most important aspect of a game and are never a make or break aspect.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#3LuckyLickmorePosted 7/6/2013 7:05:37 AM
don't care as much about "graphics" as I do graphical style. The graphical style has to fit the game, and no one does that better on a regular basis than Nintendo Imo.
#4WildsparkPosted 7/6/2013 7:06:01 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Graphics are nice and easy to appreciate, but they're hardly the most important aspect of a game and are never a make or break aspect.

---
PSN: TheWildspark
#5LordBowserPosted 7/6/2013 7:06:45 AM
Frankly I feel that any kind of HD graphics are about as good as we ever need to get to.

Anything more than that is pure bonus. Unnecessary for a quality game. And even that is a stretch, depending on the game that is being played.

Basically, graphics are a tool to enhance your experience, but they are not the only tool nor the most important tool. Art style and theme are more important than graphics themselves, but gameplay is the most important of all. Saying 'graphics don't matter' is wrong, but saying 'graphics don't matter much' is not a stretch.

My two coins.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#6AstralFrostPosted 7/6/2013 7:09:34 AM
Graphics aren't important unless they significantly hold games back.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#7BAtenDiddyPosted 7/6/2013 7:15:46 AM
AstralFrost posted...
Graphics aren't important unless they significantly hold games back.

Basically this.

I don't want to play a game where I can't differentiate between the good guys and the bad guys. I don't think I would enjoy the 8-bit games if they were released again this year, at least graphically.
---
The Minute you're satisfied with your best, that's when you become your worst enemy.
#8ShankspearePosted 7/6/2013 7:16:59 AM
I dont go to an art gallery and scoff because one chose to paint with water colors as opposed to acryllics
#9WolfAlmightyPosted 7/6/2013 7:32:14 AM
I still play NES several times a week. If a game is good, it's good - it doesn't have to have super-realistic graphics to be enjoyable.
#10deathwave21Posted 7/6/2013 7:33:22 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
Frankly, to me every game could look like DKC2 or one of the better looking 64 games that i would have enough. The rest is a meaningless bonus to me.

I actually just played DKC2 for the first time a couple weeks and I thought the graphics in that game are amazing. Obviously graphics don't mean that much to the so-called "hard core" gamers because most of the games from last gen were ugly and boring. I am impressed with what I've seen so far from Pikmin 3, MK8, and SSBU. These games look amazing compared to the same-old-same that Sony and M$ showed us at E3.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!