So, how much do YOU care about the graphics in a game?

#11MoonBoundPosted 7/6/2013 6:35:11 AM
I care about art style but I also care if the game is blurry thar is inexcusable.
---
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!
#12jbhensPosted 7/6/2013 6:38:06 AM
I think I am one of the few people that can actually go back and play games from the N64/PS era and still be completely satisfied. IMO, the more realistic games try to become, the less interesting they are. I liked the limitations of earlier consoles when game developers had to actually be creative instead of shooting for photo realistic all the time. It works for some games, like shooters, but there is a lack of imagination in some the the big budget games these days. Games were supposed to be an escape from the real world. The more realistic they try to make them, the farther it gets away from what the point of a game is supposed to be.
#13mikebrand83Posted 7/6/2013 6:45:01 AM
Pretty much the only time I care about the graphics in a game is when developers are overambitious and/or spend inadequate amount of time and resources to properly optimised it for consistent performance.

Games like Enslaved and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (PS3 version for both), as much as I otherwise enjoy them, I dislike how choppy the graphics become in open areas even when there's virtually nothing going on (and that's with 720p).
#14Tsutarja495Posted 7/6/2013 6:53:55 AM
If I can tell what's going on, it's good enough. Otherwise they are meaningless to me. This is why I've been using the same old SDTV for years, I'm not paying for a boost in graphics.
#15MidcorePosted 7/6/2013 7:13:39 AM
For me, it doesn't matter what art style is used in a game. The only time I criticize graphics is when they are actually a problem.

As an example, I recently played through 1942 on the NES. For those who don't know, 1942 is a shoot-em-up game that takes place in World War II. Most of your time is spent shooting at enemy planes over the ocean, which is okay. However, when you're flying over forests or beaches, it makes it very difficult to see the enemies or their projectiles, respectively.
---
Gamers: Impossible to satisfy since 1962.
#16Baha05Posted 7/6/2013 7:15:08 AM
At this point graphics for games have found a nice spot for me to ignore them as reasons to buy a game.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#17Phantom_NookPosted 7/6/2013 7:20:47 AM
If they are good, it'll make me appreciate the game more. But I'm fine with average graphics.
---
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe
#18lordofthenlpplePosted 7/6/2013 7:24:46 AM
Art style is pretty important. But with good graphics we can make the game look a whole lot better while using the same art style.
---
Liu Ye the Magnificent
#19DarkBlade2Posted 7/6/2013 7:26:25 AM
Graphics mean very little to me. Just last year I played and beat FFVII for the very first time. The fact that the graphics were dated did not faze me at all. Gamepley is first and foremost for me.
#20FayeLadyPosted 7/6/2013 7:28:41 AM
I think they are very important and not to be underestimated. Graphics are the main way the game communicates to the player, so they need to fit the game. I think games like Windwaker do this best, where people are very decisive over the look of the game.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.