Luigi's Mansion?

#1knob1701Posted 7/6/2013 6:33:43 AM
Why the heck are they not making a game like this for the WiiU? I just played Dark Moon on my son's 3DS and the game is awesome. Would work great with the gamepad and sell a lot of consoles. Not sure what Nintendo is thinking sometimes. A least I will be blowing off the dust next month for Pikmin.
#2LordBowserPosted 7/6/2013 6:39:40 AM
It played off better on a 3DS. That said, I wish Dark Moon had a quick save feature. I didn't like being stuck in a mission for an hour on a handheld game, when I might want to use my 3DS for another purpose, and quitting would erase my progress through it.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#3InhorealistiPosted 7/6/2013 6:43:00 AM
knob1701 posted...
Why the heck are they not making a game like this for the WiiU? I just played Dark Moon on my son's 3DS and the game is awesome. Would work great with the gamepad and sell a lot of consoles. Not sure what Nintendo is thinking sometimes. A least I will be blowing off the dust next month for Pikmin.

1. It sell more on 3ds
2. Cheaper to make for 3ds
#4MwulfPosted 7/6/2013 6:43:50 AM
A more open Mansion game would, indeed, be awesome.

As for why it hasn't happened yet... Nintendo is just being Nintendo.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#5Banjo2553Posted 7/6/2013 9:36:00 AM
Dark Moon is indeed awesome, but they chose 3DS as the platform because their original vision for Luigi's Mansion (back to the Gamecube) was to make it compatible with 3D visuals. This is just them utilizing that idea finally.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#6DBPanterAPosted 7/6/2013 11:24:35 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
Dark Moon is indeed awesome, but they chose 3DS as the platform because their original vision for Luigi's Mansion (back to the Gamecube) was to make it compatible with 3D visuals. This is just them utilizing that idea finally.

Correct.

It also helps there are 32 million 3DS devices worldwide, a few more than the Wii U.

The one issue that Nintendo faces that its competitors do not is that it has two devices to support. They need quality software on both platforms. The issue is the software on the 3DS is really good and I would argue the best console/device to own for video games right now. The Wii U has software that will sell, but because I played similar games on the 3DS, I don't really see a need to spend $60 on a similar experience (renting is the route I will go).
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 7/6/2013 11:36:49 AM
DBPanterA posted...
Banjo2553 posted...

Correct.

It also helps there are 32 million 3DS devices worldwide, a few more than the Wii U.

The one issue that Nintendo faces that its competitors do not is that it has two devices to support. They need quality software on both platforms. The issue is the software on the 3DS is really good and I would argue the best console/device to own for video games right now. The Wii U has software that will sell, but because I played similar games on the 3DS, I don't really see a need to spend $60 on a similar experience (renting is the route I will go).

Sony has two platforms to support (and then three in that awkward transitional phase coming up soon), and their situations are similar as the Vita and the Wii U are doing similar as far as sales go.
---
Sig under construction.
#8DBPanterAPosted 7/6/2013 11:44:41 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
DBPanterA posted...
Banjo2553 posted...

Correct.

Sony has two platforms to support (and then three in that awkward transitional phase coming up soon), and their situations are similar as the Vita and the Wii U are doing similar as far as sales go.

Yes, Sony does have multiple consoles, but if anything is apparent, it doesn't seem they support the Vita. Lack of games, the price cut for the device in Japan has not helped. Sony realizes their strength is the home console, and I don't think much will change on the Vita front in the near future.

I also feel that the next gen PS4 and Xbox1 will have a similar fate as the Wii U. Sales will be strong out of the gate with die-hard/hard-core gamers picking the consoles up. But we will get into another situation where consumers have been trained to wait for price drops, wait for games. 3rd party developers will have to continue to support the PS3 and 360 for the next 18-36 months, much like the transition that occurred with the PS3 and 360. If you look at a company like EA's 2008 Financial Report, they were making more money off the PS2 than PS3 two years after the PS3 was released.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#9wiiking96Posted 7/6/2013 12:33:42 PM
Whether we get another one for 3DS or Wii U, I agree that a 3rd Luigi's Mansion would be excellent. I think that the core ghost busting gameplay of Dark Moon should return with no significant changes, and the rest of the gameplay should be heavily refined and made into a more cohesive experience.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#10SarcChigaimasuPosted 7/6/2013 12:40:06 PM
Mwulf posted...
A more open Mansion game would, indeed, be awesome.

Given the modern definition of what an "open" game is, that'd be one hell of a mansion.
---
Proudly supporting the Florida Panthers Hockey Club since 1993.
MIAMI HEAT BACK TO BACK WORLD CHAMPS