Graphics are very important

#1greenyoshi46Posted 7/6/2013 7:49:14 AM
In video games graphics are very important. The wiiu doesn't have as good graphics as the ps4/xbone. But its good that it has graphics none the less. I wouldn't like playing text based
---
(English is not my first language, Swedish is. So respect typos)
#2jbhensPosted 7/6/2013 7:51:39 AM
<stupid thread approaches>

<what would you like to do?>

<leave thread>

<you want to leave thread>

<y>
#3greenyoshi46(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 7:56:18 AM
jbhens posted...
<stupid thread approaches>

<what would you like to do?>

<leave thread>

<you want to leave thread>

<y>

<user that enters thread reads and thinks text based games are the way of the future because graphics suck>
---
#4MoonBoundPosted 7/6/2013 7:58:29 AM
greenyoshi46 posted...
In video games graphics are very important. The wiiu doesn't have as good graphics as the ps4/xbone. But its good that it has graphics none the less. I wouldn't like playing text based

Aside from your troll attempt art style is important\charm.
---
I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow in the knee, microsoft said deal with it!
#5greenyoshi46(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 8:01:30 AM
MoonBound posted...
greenyoshi46 posted...

troll attempt? Would super Mario brothers be as succesful if it was text based? [goomba in 3 meters][jump? Y/N]
[Y]
---
#6deathwave21Posted 7/6/2013 8:17:07 AM
greenyoshi46 posted...
MoonBound posted...
greenyoshi46 posted...

troll attempt? Would super Mario brothers be as succesful if it was text based? [goomba in 3 meters][jump? Y/N]
[Y]

Now I can't stop thinking about a text-based mario game. It would get boring after awhile and offer no replay, but it would be pretty neat.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#7FayeLadyPosted 7/6/2013 8:44:36 AM
Of course they are. They are the main form of output, and as such they make up the majority of the medium.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#8ChokusetsuPosted 7/6/2013 8:47:25 AM
You know what's more important than graphics? Obviously the games need graphics, but not the crazy ammount of time and investment that is usually given to them by western devs.

Here's what's more important:
-Gameplay mechanics
-PLAYABLE content
-Story
-Characters
-Artstyle
-Music
-CAMERA <- Something western devs don't get so they play safe with 1st person 90% of the time
-Replay value
#9FayeLadyPosted 7/6/2013 8:52:15 AM
Chokusetsu posted...
You know what's more important than graphics? Obviously the games need graphics, but not the crazy ammount of time and investment that is usually given to them by western devs.

Here's what's more important:
-Gameplay mechanics
-PLAYABLE content
-Story
-Characters
-Artstyle
-Music
-CAMERA <- Something western devs don't get so they play safe with 1st person 90% of the time
-Replay value

The art style, mechanics, and story are made manifest by the graphics, the playable content and characters are drawn by the graphics, and the camera is how the player's vantage point changes in the world created by the graphics. Even the replay value will be affected by how enjoyable the game is to look at. Really, the only thing that isn't directly related to graphics is music.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10P-APEPosted 7/6/2013 8:53:34 AM
Graphics got diminishing return, gameplay not!