Should I get a WiiU?

#1MalkyeaImbakPosted 7/6/2013 5:44:18 PM
Here me out, money isn't a issue but I don't want my WiiU to gather dust so far based off the games I seen for WiiU the only ones I'm interested in thats WiiU only are Sonic Lost Worlds, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (This will be my first DK game but it looks amazingly fun), and Smash Bros Brawl 1.5(or smash 4)

Other games I want are
Watchdogs and Batman Origins (But i can just get these on 360 along with gta 5 and dead or alive 5 U)

I mean i feel I can probably find a friend play sonic or get it on 3ds as well as SSB4 which leaves me with only donkey kong -.-
#2Thunderbird8Posted 7/6/2013 5:50:18 PM
If you are not interested in any games currently available for the Wii U, you should hold off on buying one until there are games that you want to play on it.
#3CaioNVPosted 7/6/2013 5:52:03 PM
If money isn't an issue at all, I say you should get one. Though, waiting for early 2014 might be a better idea after all.
---
Let's Blocking: http://i.imgur.com/NONavuG.png
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 7/6/2013 5:55:33 PM
You should just wait until there's enough games out for it that you want that you don't ask yourself or others on forums if you should get one or not. I don't mean that to be condescending, but just don't buy it until the system sells itself for you.
---
Sig under construction.
#5Numbuh100Posted 7/6/2013 5:55:47 PM
Get Monolith Soft's X when it comes out too.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#6AstralFrostPosted 7/6/2013 5:57:03 PM(edited)
If money isn't an issue just buy every console and all games.

If you were to buy every console in order based on value and capabilities Wii U should be the last choice. The games you listed work on PS3 anyway, which has far more games to choose from and is cheaper.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#7psprulz2007Posted 7/6/2013 5:58:59 PM
Yes you should. But not yet. Wait till mid next year. Then you will be buying in at the perfect time. Right now its just a tad to early to be worth the money.
---
I hate gamefaqs. Mods pick and choose what's off topic and what's not. Its obvious they are clueless 99.9% of the time. People who agree 4527
#8New LinkPosted 7/6/2013 5:59:35 PM
I wouldnt buy any system for just one game. That being said, sonic, donkey kong, and smash are the only exclusives that draw your attention?

There are quite a few good games already out, if you like 2D platformers (based off DK) I'd like to point out that NSMBU is the best 2D mario game since Super Mario World. Nintendoland is absolutely phenomenal providing you have some friends to play with. Also, I'm not sure if you're interrested but Pikmin is just around the corner, as is The Wonderful 101 which looks to be a very fun game (time will tell, but seeing it was part of the reason i bought a wii u) Not to mention Bayonetta 2 and X coming out next year :P
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#9Mandrew257Posted 7/6/2013 7:03:14 PM(edited)
Yes. Starting next month we'll be getting big titles for the rest of the year

Aug- Pikmin 3 and New Super Luigi U(physical copy)

September- The Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends

October- Sonic Lost World and Windwaker HD

November- Donkey Kong

December- Mario 3D World
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where my opinion is wrong, and your opinion is right.
#10NathanDrakeSwagPosted 7/6/2013 7:03:19 PM
No.