Wii U should've been released in 2013

#1Second_HokagePosted 7/6/2013 6:07:47 PM
Early adopters (like me) got screwed hard, and without any compensation, even when Nintendo admitted that it was their fault.

It should've been released later this year along side the games Pikmin 3, SM3DW, and DKTF. Now that would've pushed units, especially with Mario kart and Smash right there in the horizon.

What was the reason why it was released in 2012?
#2trainer2689Posted 7/6/2013 6:09:01 PM
Because the Wii had been dead for a year or two by the time 2012 rolled around.
#3AstralFrostPosted 7/6/2013 6:11:53 PM
I'd agree if it came with significantly increased hardware at no extra cost to the consumer.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#4Tsutarja495Posted 7/6/2013 6:16:04 PM
It wouldn't have gotten the 3 million sales it did get if it was released at the same time as the PS4 and Xbox One. It would have the same weekly sales it gets now, but without that holiday season of being the only new one.
#5QueskerPosted 7/6/2013 6:18:07 PM
Also, for a more.....cautiously optimistic theory, Nintendo knew that console launches aren't something to write home about, so they got it 'out of the way', per say, and watch as the other two fight each other.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#6BuretsuPosted 7/6/2013 6:27:42 PM
Screwed hard? By a simple lack of releases? Sounds a little melodramatic, but whatever.

I imagine it was released in 2012 to try and get a head start on the PS4/XBone, but I'm not sure how well that decision turned out for Nintendo.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7QueskerPosted 7/6/2013 6:55:26 PM
Buretsu posted...
Screwed hard? By a simple lack of releases? Sounds a little melodramatic, but whatever.

I imagine it was released in 2012 to try and get a head start on the PS4/XBone, but I'm not sure how well that decision turned out for Nintendo.

Well, we can only wait and see. ...after 2013 is well over, that is at least a couple months into 2014, and then we can see how those two will fare.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#8MourningReignsPosted 7/6/2013 6:59:24 PM
Nintendo is hoping that the Xbox One and PS4 will be sold out this holiday, and the Wii-U will be the only thing on the shelves to buy for Christmas.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#9LightHawKnightPosted 7/6/2013 7:00:23 PM
Why do children who haven't been born before a console launch post so much?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#10MasterPokerPosted 7/6/2013 7:22:10 PM
Nobody forced you to buy a Wii U at launch.

I don't get why so many people assume that a later launch would mean more sales (huh?) or better specs (Nintendo uses customized hardware that also has to support Wii BC...not many options there). I bought a Wii U in Feburary knowing not much was out, but I also knew I would still own it when the games do come, and in the meantime its a fine Hulu/Netflix box with Off-TV viewing capability.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande