racing fans who aren't happy with the triggers- ever try this?

#1ave1Posted 7/6/2013 9:04:28 PM(edited)
Ok, I'm a huge racing game fan and am contemplating getting a Wii U, but I don't like that the triggers aren't analog. Sure you can set a racing game up to allow for analog gas/brake with the right sick, but there are disadvantages to driving with that setup...

So I am thinking about buying a ps2 to WiiU controller adapter and plugging in a programmable/remappable controller that I own. It's the Thrustmaster Run & Drive controller, & with it you can remap the right thumbstick analog up and down directionals to the triggers.

I'm thinking that this setup will allow for analog triggers in the racing games. Anyone want to try it out and get back to me? I may really break down and get this system if this all works the way I think it will...
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#2the_cajun88Posted 7/6/2013 8:58:47 PM
No.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#3EX_S0LDIERPosted 7/6/2013 9:03:19 PM
I dont think thats going to work, even if you manage to get the controller to register, the in game code was still designed around digital buttons, digital as in binary. On or off. Its not going to gain anything from pressure sensitive buttons that have more than 2 states. Worst case scenario you'll just make it harder on yourself and the gas trigger will only register when its fully depressed, no halfway trigger pulls to slowdown or anything like that.
---
MUSTnotSLEEPmustWARNothers
#4FatalyzePosted 7/6/2013 9:03:42 PM
The only way this will work is if the driving games use the analog sticks for speed control. If a game uses triggers like normal (albeit without analog control) then your idea wont work, because the game wouldnt be programmed with analog in mind. That is, unless, there is a way to code analog sensitivity in the game, despite the lack of it on the Wii U triggers, and the player can make use of the analog control through a third-party (or potentially a future first-party) controller.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
#5ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 9:10:16 PM(edited)
The ps2 to WiiU adapter will allow analog signals to pass through when it comes to the analog sticks. If a game is set up to allow for right stick analog gas/braking, it should work... Unless the controller's program feature goes wonky because it is connected to an adapter. . .
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?