Will Nintendo ever go back to just a basic controller?

#1MVK23Posted 7/7/2013 10:50:00 AM
No more motion controls, no more touch screen bull****. What are they going to do next, bring back the ****ing Power Glove?
Nintendo hasn't made a solid home console since 2001. Their intense focus on gimmicky controls and "unique" play experiences have put them drastically behind in the console race. The Wii was ok because it had some decent titles, but there is effectively nothing on the Wii U right now.

I don't say this to try and come off as a troll, I don't say this to intentionally make people mad and invoke an argument, I genuinely want to know if even the hardcore Nintendo fans agree with me.

I love Nintendo, I had an SNES, Gameboy, GBC, 64, Gamecube, DS, Wii, and 3DS. I still support the 3DS because I think it is a solid system. I don't use the 3D obviously, because while it is really cool, it is still gimmicky and kills my battery life.
I had a minor problem with the Wii. While I thought the motion controls and the controller design were stupid, I still supported the console because it had a very good lineup of games.
Now, I can't even touch a Wii U. It has a stupid, bulky controller design with an unnecessary and distracting touch screen and it has a terrible lineup of games right now.

Do you think Nintendo will cut the bull**** for their next console? Because if they don't, I can see the company dropping out of the home console market completely. Their handheld sales can only help the company so much before they need a new plan.
---
Tremors starring Kevin Bacon is the greatest movie of all time.
#2Golden MavenPosted 7/7/2013 10:51:39 AM
MVK23 posted...
What are they going to do next, bring back the ****ing Power Glove?

Don't give them any ideas.

MVK23 posted...
Do you think Nintendo will cut the bull**** for their next console?

They might. The Wii U is such a failure, I'm sure it's giving Nintendo pause.
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 7/7/2013 10:52:59 AM
MVK23 posted...
Nintendo hasn't made a solid home console since 1996.

fixed
#4TuxityPosted 7/7/2013 10:53:01 AM
The WiiU gamepad is a normal controller
#5GloryChaosPosted 7/7/2013 10:53:29 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
MVK23 posted...
Nintendo hasn't made a solid home console since 1996.

fixed

SNES didn't come out in 1996.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#6thefabregas22Posted 7/7/2013 10:53:54 AM
Didn't read your post but the gamepad is pretty much a basic controller.

Much more so than the original wii remote which lacked dual analog and multiple face buttons.

We also have the pro controller so all in all I like it
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy
#7P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/7/2013 10:54:11 AM
TL:DR

Classic Controller
Pro Controller
Gamepad Off-screen play
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#8lt519Posted 7/7/2013 10:54:45 AM
So you say the Wii was ok, making the only other console in the time frame you gave the Gamecube, which had a pretty decent standard controller IMO. Wii U also has the pro controller which works pretty well if you don't want to use the Gamepad.

Sounds like you just don't like Nintendo games, that's cool, just don't run around telling everyone you hate the taste of chocolate because it's chocolate-y.
---
Playing: Dust Elysian Tail, The Walking Dead, Rogue Legacy, NSLU, Luigi's mansion, FE: Awakening
Own: Gaming PC, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, DS
#9huckbeinePosted 7/7/2013 10:54:45 AM
since reggie said back then that gimmicks sell consoles, probably their too deep, and need to go deeper in their gimmicks
#10Wiiplayer111Posted 7/7/2013 10:56:20 AM(edited)
MVK23 posted...
What are they going to do next, bring back the ****ing Power Glove?

1. Nintendo didn't make or sell the power glove. Mattel did.

2. What defines a normal controller? When the SNES had shoulder buttons, that wasn't normal. When N64 put an analog stick in, it wasn't normal. When N64 got the rumble pack it wasn't normal. But now all these things are staples in gaming and are normal.

3. Not only that, the Wii U gamepad is a normal controller just with a screen in it. The pro controller is literally just a gamepad with no screen.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com