Do you honestly believe there is an Anti-Nintendo agenda in the media?

#2411Phire1Posted 7/8/2013 12:16:12 PM
There is not an anti-Nintendo agenda.

Nintendo's system hardware has underwhelmed when compared to its Sony and Microsoft counterparts. There is no denying that the sheer raw power of the systems has two of the machines at a much higher echelon than the third.

The hardcore Nintendo fans are already blue in the face reading that. I understand Nintendo has its own perks and innovations that make certain games fun. But that does not change the fact that Sony and Microsoft's much more powerful systems set a standard that Nintendo's systems now almost always underwhelm.

When you put three horses in the race, and one is completely underwhelming, then of course it'll be regarded negatively by those who report on it.

To be honest I don't understand why Nintendo just doesn't create a much more powerful system. They have the exclusive titles to blow Microsoft and Sony out of the water with some portions of the gaming experience.

Imagine a Legend of Zelda title with the type of depth and utilization of modern day technology that's going to be put into the upcoming Metal Gear game. Or the next Grand Theft Auto. Jesus Christ Nintendo could regain the gaming world by storm if they wanted to make a beefier system.
#242steerepikePosted 7/8/2013 12:18:24 PM
I remember when you were crazy if you believed in money hats for game reviews... Even if it was as clear as the nose on your face.
---
))<>(( forever.
#243SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/8/2013 12:20:53 PM
1Phire1 posted...

Imagine a Legend of Zelda title with the type of depth and utilization of modern day technology that's going to be put into the upcoming Metal Gear game. Or the next Grand Theft Auto. Jesus Christ Nintendo could regain the gaming world by storm if they wanted to make a beefier system.

Easy go look at how much is spent making those games, and how most have to sell 4-5 million(at full price) to begin to turn a profit. Its also funny after 2 months those games prices tank drastically where Nintendos kiddie games keep going full price. Nintendo has thrived on games with lower production values, and higher sales figures for years, and that won't change.
So why make a system that will require even more money dumped into production if it doesn't benefit game play?.
#244pikachupwnagePosted 7/8/2013 12:30:06 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
All I can say is that Nintendo is not treated equally by the media. Every negative is accentuated, every positive is ignored.

---
http://samgreenmedia.com/pikacrunk.gif http://tinyurl.com/clkxher
My posts often aren't usually serious. But they are seriously funny.
#245squatch22Posted 7/8/2013 12:35:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
1Phire1 posted...

Easy go look at how much is spent making those games, and how most have to sell 4-5 million(at full price) to begin to turn a profit. Its also funny after 2 months those games prices tank drastically where Nintendos kiddie games keep going full price. Nintendo has thrived on games with lower production values, and higher sales figures for years, and that won't change.
So why make a system that will require even more money dumped into production if it doesn't benefit game play?.

Production values are not the same as production costs
---
Nintendo stock: 11,630 - Sony stock: 2,166
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#246WildHoneyPiePosted 7/8/2013 12:39:32 PM
Veladus posted...
There's no bias. Nintendo is just bad. They produce bad consoles, they have bad policies, and they seem incapable of comprehending that it's possible to make a game that doesn't include Mario. So they get bad press for the same reason that many bad things get bad press: because they're just bad.

Have you even read the arguments of the topic? That should sway your mind.
#247BlougePosted 7/8/2013 12:48:45 PM
Yes, the media hates Nintendo.

It's because they are being bribed to do so.
#248ManInGorillaSutPosted 7/8/2013 1:45:29 PM
Stealthlys posted...
Looks like topic turned into flaming/trolling and conspiracy theorists who apparently all watch fox news.

You can thank me for that :-)
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#249sonic777(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 2:02:22 PM
Blouge posted...
Yes, the media hates Nintendo.

It's because they are being bribed to do so.

I'm sure you look so cute in your foil hat.
---
<3 NINTENDO OMG
#250IokuaPosted 7/8/2013 2:05:40 PM
Agenda? No. Bias? Yes.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.