Why doesn't Nintendo make interactive movies like everyone else?

#51lastofninpony21Posted 7/8/2013 6:23:38 AM
MercurysMessage posted...
lastofninpony21 posted...
MercurysMessage posted...
TLOU is a very good game, all of these troll fake accounts and Nintendo fanboys hate it because its so popular and they can't play it. Get over it guys, there are good games on other systems too... Not just your lord and savior Nintendo...

No. There are sony fans like me that know quality from overhyped generic B movie stuff.

What Is this your twelfth account? Get a life dude.

No, this is my first. And don't insult me for having a different opinion DUDE
#52Neo_HeartlessPosted 7/8/2013 6:24:55 AM
CyricsServant posted...

The gameplay feels generic for the first hour or two . . . and then they introduce the concepts of resource management, and having to use stealth tactics against specialized zombie enemies that can insta-kill you. .

You know, if you replace resource management with taking pictures and zombies with armoured guards you've pretty much just described Beyond Good and Evil.

Just saying.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#53nonexistingheroPosted 7/8/2013 6:26:19 AM
Lol did you even play the game? The start isn't "hours of cutscenes" lmao. If you only like games that involve no story and just gameplay then just play those and don't bash on other types of good games like all you Nintendo fanboys love to do.

You didn't even read my post properly. I wasn't just complaining about cutscenes. Fact of the matter is that TLOU still requires a few hours before you get to the meat of the game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#54StealthlysPosted 7/8/2013 6:36:12 AM
roflmao.
#55LordRazielPosted 7/8/2013 6:37:27 AM
why bother with interactive movie games when they can easily make alot of money with simpler mini games and reharshes.
---
-------------
Dashing
#56CyricsServantPosted 7/8/2013 6:38:38 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Lol did you even play the game? The start isn't "hours of cutscenes" lmao. If you only like games that involve no story and just gameplay then just play those and don't bash on other types of good games like all you Nintendo fanboys love to do.

You didn't even read my post properly. I wasn't just complaining about cutscenes. Fact of the matter is that TLOU still requires a few hours before you get to the meat of the game.

I got 23 and 1/2 hours out of the story mode. That's worth it for the (admittedly) boring 1 to 2 hour tutorial level where you're shooting and shanking a dozen or so low level smugglers.

The game most certainly doesn't contain "hours and hours" of cutscenes, and if you truly hate the plot or character development there's a multi-player mode. Zero exposition, pure gameplay.

And again you bash the story without explicitly stating, or even alluding to, what was wrong with it. It sounds like you haven't touched the game. You're hating on it for different reasons, either because it was developed by a competitor console, it reviewed too well, it's in a genre you don't like, it emphasizes story, or some other arbitrary reason. Whatever the basis for your resentment from the Last of Us, I doubt it actually stems from you playing the game.

And as far as comparing TLoU to its peers, if you view it as a survival horror game (which I'm inclined to do), it probably has the best gameplay I've seen for that genre on a technical level . . . even if I might prefer the approaches taken in games like Amnesia or Lone Survivor, which are original but flawed in execution.
#57StealthlysPosted 7/8/2013 6:38:39 AM
LordRaziel posted...
why bother with interactive movie games when they can easily make alot of money with simpler mini games and reharshes.

Why bother when they can just make NSMB3 like a cod rehash?
#58Neo_HeartlessPosted 7/8/2013 6:43:06 AM
Stealthlys posted...
LordRaziel posted...

Why did you even bother with this when the person you quoted pretty much implied that anyway?

Also welcome to today's generation of gaming. I hope you enjoy the rehashes.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#59CyricsServantPosted 7/8/2013 6:45:47 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
CyricsServant posted...

The gameplay feels generic for the first hour or two . . . and then they introduce the concepts of resource management, and having to use stealth tactics against specialized zombie enemies that can insta-kill you. .

You know, if you replace resource management with taking pictures and zombies with armoured guards you've pretty much just described Beyond Good and Evil.

Just saying.

Kind of a stretch, imo.

Just replace resource management with jumping on goombas and insta-kill enemies with pits of death, and you've pretty much just described Super Mario Bros.

Just saying.

I'm having trouble thinking of a game to compare TLoU to. It's functions most like a stealth game, like Dishonored or Hitman, but it's a bit more than that. It's a fusion of both stealth and survival horror concepts, and about half of the enemies you sneak around are blind (meaning you can walk right in front of them or shine a flashlight in their face) but they have hyper-sensative hearing. They sort of remind me of bats with sonar. It's a pretty unique concept and it makes the way you approach enemies in TLoU, and how their AI responds to you, very different from any game I've played in the past.

The actual shooter mechanics are very similar to other shooters . . . for good reason, because for the PS3 and 360 controllers shooting has been refined to such a point that any deviation from the standard button configurations people are used to feels clunky at this point. But thankfully, the majority of game emphasizes stealth, melee, and tossed projectiles over shooting. The vast majority of enemies don't drop ammo, despite most non-infected enemies having guns.
#60CyricsServantPosted 7/8/2013 6:49:33 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
Stealthlys posted...
LordRaziel posted...

Why did you even bother with this when the person you quoted pretty much implied that anyway?

Also welcome to today's generation of gaming. I hope you enjoy the rehashes.

Only if you restrict yourself to games put out by big publishers playing it safe. Indie gaming has been fantastic this gen. Lone Survivor and Hotline Miami were two of the best games I played last year and both were highly original.