You know what Nintendo needs?

#1Brady672_AT_fanPosted 7/7/2013 6:57:51 PM
The revival of Star Tropics.

Yes, you know you want it. You know you want to see good ol' Mike Jones and his trusty Yo-Yo back in action.

Let's think about why this could possibly work.

For one, I want to point out that the Legend of Zelda at its origin was very similar to Star Tropics (In fact, I'd argue it was a bit ahead of LoZ, but that's not the point). It's very evident that LoZ benefited greatly from the jump to 3D, so wouldn't Star Tropics? It'd be cool, you can give Jones his Yo-Yo for mid range combat and his bat for close range etc..

Secondly, we need more Nintendo dungeon crawlers! Sorry, but Zelda isn't enough to quell my appetite for such an adventurous genre. If Nintendo put the effort in, Star Tropics can rise to Zelda-esque renown!

Thirdly (and last for now), people crave classics! Look at how insanely well Kid Icarus: Uprising did! The game was an immense hit! You could argue that it was the intense advertising or whatever, but I personally believe that because of Pit's inclusion in SSB, the spark was ignited in both old fans and those who barely knew him. Seriously, they could make a new Balloon Fighter game and people will eat that up.

So, I sincerely hope that Nintendo will do this (even though making this topic won't make a difference either way...). I want to raise awareness that Nintendo is sitting on this amazing game (two of them!) and they can very easily and magnificently bring him back.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.