What first-party Nintendo franchises do you think we WON'T get this gen?

#11dementedlullabyPosted 7/8/2013 8:32:20 AM
After what they did for Metriod 25th anni I don't think we'll see Metroid anytime soon.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#12LordBowserPosted 7/8/2013 9:28:14 AM(edited)
I'm surprised at all the people saying there will be no Metroid this generation. That's absolutely crazy. Of course there will be one. Just because it wasn't immediately in development doesn't mean there won't be one for 5+ years, especially given how much demand it has. This is one of Nintendo's most popular franchises. It may not be on Zelda, Mario, or Pokemon's level, but it's certainly not far from it.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#13fon1988Posted 7/8/2013 9:52:15 AM
Joey2cool posted...
I'd love to see a new Star Fox but I doubt we'll get one. Dammit.

I have a feeling we may still see Metroid later in the generation. A new F-Zero is out of the question it seems. They just don't care about it.

Although I love LoZ and Mario, I just want to play something else from Nintendo for a change.

I don't really understand this complaint.

So far off the top of my head, the previous generation (Wii) had TONS of Nintendo franchises on it.

Fire Emblem, Wario Land, Endless Ocean, Wii Series, Kirby, Punch Out, Excite series, Pokémon, Metroid, Animal Crossing, and Sin and Punishment.

I don't see the Wii U being any different in bringing a bunch of awesome Nintendo franchises that are not Mario and Zelda.
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#14CasualGamersPosted 7/8/2013 9:56:38 AM
Star fox - I want this badly
Balloon Fighter
punch out
ice climbers
Earthbound
F Zero of course
#15DealerofTruthsPosted 7/8/2013 9:58:00 AM
Am I the only one that wants Pokemon? The potential with the game pad!
---
You just got told the TRUTH!!!
#16LugiaMaster45Posted 7/8/2013 10:06:01 AM
starfox
fzero
excite series
stunt race fx
a 2nd kid icarus
punch out
sin & punishment
waverace
1080 snowboarding
nba courtside
nfl blitz
ice climber
earthbound
mischief makers
clayfighter

i know all of them arent 1st party but they were exclusive at some point.
---
NintendoID: KINGZXGAMBIT87
XBXLIVE GAMTAG: XAVEUSCAESAR WiiU60ers UNITE
#17Ranmaru-2Posted 7/8/2013 7:06:19 PM
slymshady posted...
We got donkey kong country so all other secondary franchises (f-zero, star fox, metroid) can take a seat

F*** no! I would've rather had any of those 3 over donkey kong again.
---
http://i.imgur.com/33jhTZk.jpg http://i.imgur.com/SuOwk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cbxTS.jpg http://i.imgur.com/LNSiX.jpg
#18Capace23Posted 7/9/2013 1:38:53 AM
Before the Wii U came out IGN asked Miyamoto about what games would work well with the gamepad. His reply was Metroid and Star Fox saying that he had many ideas. So I think Metroid is a given and Star Fox is more likely than most people think.

One of F Zero or Wave Race will not come out on the Wii U. I want Punch Out Wii U, but don't think that it will happen.
#19halfelven23Posted 7/9/2013 1:43:51 AM
the big hitter
pokemon mainline series
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#20kayoticdreamzPosted 7/9/2013 1:47:28 AM
fon1988 posted...
Joey2cool posted...
I'd love to see a new Star Fox but I doubt we'll get one. Dammit.

I have a feeling we may still see Metroid later in the generation. A new F-Zero is out of the question it seems. They just don't care about it.

Although I love LoZ and Mario, I just want to play something else from Nintendo for a change.

I don't really understand this complaint.

So far off the top of my head, the previous generation (Wii) had TONS of Nintendo franchises on it.

Fire Emblem, Wario Land, Endless Ocean, Wii Series, Kirby, Punch Out, Excite series, Pokémon, Metroid, Animal Crossing, and Sin and Punishment.

I don't see the Wii U being any different in bringing a bunch of awesome Nintendo franchises that are not Mario and Zelda.

THIS.

although to be fair some of those games either premiered on the Wii or the wii was the first time they had been seen in ages.

although you are right the wii got a fair amount of nintendo only games on it.

i do hope the wii u gets a custom robo game. i am hoping for more than one fire emblem game.also a new punch out that updates the formula a bit would be nice. of the unlikely ones to get a lot of love those are the ones i hope for.