The Wii U is only $50 cheaper than the PS4

#91Jacob46719Posted 7/8/2013 10:28:53 AM
AstralFrost posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Ps4 + game + remote play + online play $760

Wii U + specs = LOL

LOL = $599 US Dollars.
---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.
#92Jacob46719Posted 7/8/2013 10:31:33 AM
lp913 posted...
Jackal posted...
The PS4 is only $50 more expensive than the WiiU Deluxe model and has more to offer.

NO, The TC is SPOT ON with this topic - for PS4 you actually get: NO Backwards Compatibility for neither retail or digital games (rendering the PS3/Vita PSN accounts USELESS), Online subscriptions JUST for basic online multiplayer, no pack in retail game to play to show what the console can actually do, and requires an extra purchase of a separate $250 handheld platform to offer a similar gameplay experience to the Wii U out of the box default controller? I SERIOUSLY beg to differ!!!!!

---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.
#93JackalPosted 7/8/2013 10:57:27 AM
lp913 posted...
Jackal posted...
The PS4 is only $50 more expensive than the WiiU Deluxe model and has more to offer.

NO Backwards Compatibility for neither retail or digital games (rendering the PS3/Vita PSN accounts USELESS), Online subscriptions JUST for basic online multiplayer, no pack in retail game to play to show what the console can actually do, and requires an extra purchase of a separate $250 handheld platform to offer a similar gameplay experience to the Wii U out of the box default controller? I SERIOUSLY beg to differ!!!!!

Why do you act like everyone cares about BC? I do have a PS3 you know. And BC is being explored via Gaikai. As for PS+, I've had it since it was first introduced. Why would I stop now? You never pay full price for it again anyway and it carries over to the PS4. Drive Club comes with PS+. And the pack-in game for the Wii U is Nintendoland? Yeah, I hope that was worth the extra $50. I love the DS controllers, too. They are simple and intuitive to use. We've been using them since what, 1996? They have had plenty of time to see what is working or not with each generation. Improving the technology. How many generations to you think you will get with new Gamepads before that beloved BC won't work with games designed for it? Will they refine it or move on to a new controller? If I cared about a Vita then I would have one. But I don't because I don't care about it.

500gb SATA drive built in that can be upgraded. Built in ethernet port so that I can hard wire it to my network and stream my media like I do with the PS3. Even my Ouya has an ethernet port! So does my Raspberry Pi! Recording capabilities. More RAM. GPU processing. Region free. I can my Bluray movies and it supports 4k video. A system that appears to be more future proofed than the the Wii U for sure. So yes, for $50 more than the Wii U "Deluxe" model I'll have what I consider to be a better gaming system.

So yes, you should beg to differ. If I limited my gaming experiences to just a single console not because of financial or technical problem but just because of who makes it then I'd probably be begging too. For forgiveness! :)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#94lp913Posted 7/8/2013 11:22:15 AM
Jackal posted...
lp913 posted...
Jackal posted...

NO Backwards Compatibility for neither retail or digital games (rendering the PS3/Vita PSN accounts USELESS), Online subscriptions JUST for basic online multiplayer, no pack in retail game to play to show what the console can actually do, and requires an extra purchase of a separate $250 handheld platform to offer a similar gameplay experience to the Wii U out of the box default controller? I SERIOUSLY beg to differ!!!!!

Why do you act like everyone cares about BC? I do have a PS3 you know. And BC is being explored via Gaikai. As for PS+, I've had it since it was first introduced. Why would I stop now? You never pay full price for it again anyway and it carries over to the PS4. Drive Club comes with PS+. And the pack-in game for the Wii U is Nintendoland? Yeah, I hope that was worth the extra $50. I love the DS controllers, too. They are simple and intuitive to use. We've been using them since what, 1996? They have had plenty of time to see what is working or not with each generation. Improving the technology. How many generations to you think you will get with new Gamepads before that beloved BC won't work with games designed for it? Will they refine it or move on to a new controller? If I cared about a Vita then I would have one. But I don't because I don't care about it.

500gb SATA drive built in that can be upgraded. Built in ethernet port so that I can hard wire it to my network and stream my media like I do with the PS3. Even my Ouya has an ethernet port! So does my Raspberry Pi! Recording capabilities. More RAM. GPU processing. Region free. I can my Bluray movies and it supports 4k video. A system that appears to be more future proofed than the the Wii U for sure. So yes, for $50 more than the Wii U "Deluxe" model I'll have what I consider to be a better gaming system.

So yes, you should beg to differ. If I limited my gaming experiences to just a single console not because of financial or technical problem but just because of who makes it then I'd probably be begging too. For forgiveness! :)

NO....you're just promoting an already stagnating gaming experience. The ONLY hype you have surrounding PS4 at the end of the day is STRONGER specs, THATS IT, that's all you can market for it now......There's damn near NOTHING unique or innovative about what's presented in the PS4. Hell as you even pointed out, its actually offering less out of the box than even the PS3, at a beyond equal cost as the PS3 launch model just to get the FULL experience! THANK YOU for proving my previous post!!!!
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#95BoomerTheGreatPosted 7/8/2013 11:27:50 AM
Warmonger222 posted...
This is possibly the stupidest argument I have ever heard as long as I have been gaming (since GB/N64/PS1). The Wii U Basic bundle is $300, the PS4 is $400. But whenever you say that to anyone, they like to say it doesnt count because it doesnt sell well/doesnt come with a game.

Okay, so the Basic is the inferior version and doesnt count because it doesnt come with a game. Fine. The Deluxe model is $350. The PS4 is $400. But wait, if the Basic cant be counted because it doesnt come with a game, the PS4 cant either, because it also does not come with a game. Games are $60. Thats $460 for the PS4. But you cant play the PS4 online without a subscription. So if you want the full experience, thats another $50. Of course, PS+ isnt required, but if the full Wii U bundle is the only one that counts, then you cant just use the bare bones price of the PS4 in comparison.

Wii U: $350
PS4: $510

Thats a $160 difference. of course, this argument is shunned because it shows that the Wii U might be a decent value. But since it helps the ponies argument, we can just use the bare bones prices for each.

Wii U: $300
PS4: $400

So STOP saying the PS4 is only $50 more than the Wii U.

Not only is this so true... I bought the Zombi U bundle it was
389$
it came with a pro controller and Zombi U.
Also TC factor in the Vita is 250$ and we dont know if it will work properly with remote play.
---
Greatness comes from within
#96JackalPosted 7/8/2013 11:34:15 AM
lp913 posted...
Jackal posted...
lp913 posted...
Jackal posted...

NO....you're just promoting an already stagnating gaming experience. The ONLY hype you have surrounding PS4 at the end of the day is STRONGER specs, THATS IT, that's all you can market for it now......There's damn near NOTHING unique or innovative about what's presented in the PS4. Hell as you even pointed out, its actually offering less out of the box than even the PS3, at a beyond equal cost as the PS3 launch model just to get the FULL experience! THANK YOU for proving my previous post!!!!

The PS3 offered more out of the box than the Wii U. So then the PS4 offers more out f the box than the Wii U. But you are entitled to your opinion. The PS4 as a console is a better value to me. That's my feeling on it. You aren't buying any of these for me so I have to make up my own mind as to where to spend my money. And I have.

Typing with so many caps may be an indication of high blood pressure. You really should calm down. You can't change my opinion. :)
---
#97lowuwPosted 7/8/2013 11:47:40 AM
Warmonger222 posted...
This is possibly the stupidest argument I have ever heard as long as I have been gaming (since GB/N64/PS1). The Wii U Basic bundle is $300, the PS4 is $400. But whenever you say that to anyone, they like to say it doesnt count because it doesnt sell well/doesnt come with a game.

Okay, so the Basic is the inferior version and doesnt count because it doesnt come with a game. Fine. The Deluxe model is $350. The PS4 is $400. But wait, if the Basic cant be counted because it doesnt come with a game, the PS4 cant either, because it also does not come with a game. Games are $60. Thats $460 for the PS4. But you cant play the PS4 online without a subscription. So if you want the full experience, thats another $50. Of course, PS+ isnt required, but if the full Wii U bundle is the only one that counts, then you cant just use the bare bones price of the PS4 in comparison.

Wii U: $350
PS4: $510

Thats a $160 difference. of course, this argument is shunned because it shows that the Wii U might be a decent value. But since it helps the ponies argument, we can just use the bare bones prices for each.

Wii U: $300
PS4: $400

So STOP saying the PS4 is only $50 more than the Wii U.

I already made a topic about this, but people will keep saying PS4 is only $50 more. I can't understand it either.
#98Bossdog421Posted 7/8/2013 11:51:05 AM
People are really complaining about an ethernet port? I easily hit my ISPs cap while wireless and typically have the lowest ping in online gaming. All with the stock modem/router supplied by my ISP.

People still think a wired connection is required? LMAO
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#99BlougePosted 7/8/2013 11:56:08 AM
Wii U is infinitely cheaper than PS4.

Because the PS4 doesn't actually exist. You can't get one at any price.
#100JackalPosted 7/8/2013 12:00:17 PM
Bossdog421 posted...
People are really complaining about an ethernet port? I easily hit my ISPs cap while wireless and typically have the lowest ping in online gaming. All with the stock modem/router supplied by my ISP.

People still think a wired connection is required? LMAO

The term is "preferred". And it's called and option.
---