Would Bayo 2 have great sales or would it bomb?

#21plasticman13Posted 7/8/2013 8:35:51 PM
It might sell 500k if Nintendo bundles it heavily. But since Bayo2 is not a type of game Nintendo would bundle (heavily that is), I'm going to assume around 300-350k sales. That's pretty bad, but oh well.
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#22iKhanicPosted 7/8/2013 8:41:05 PM
Bomb just like the first one did.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#23DarkotsuPosted 7/8/2013 8:57:35 PM
Saddest part is that Platinum Games didn't learn their lesson with Madworld, it's the same exact story with the same companies involved. Overall Clover and now Platinum seem to have rotten luck with making interesting games, but unable to gather enough sales. Wonder if they will change their company name again.
#24HaigicotsuPosted 7/8/2013 9:03:47 PM
PsienceWins posted...
It's going to bomb.

Every topic I see on this board has at least one poster saying something along the lines of "I only buy Nintendo games..." Bayonetta 2 is not a Nintendo game. It's a Platinum Games game. Nintendo may have funded it, but that doesn't matter. They also funded Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and that didn't help.

So... It's going to bomb. And I hope it does. I want every "hardcore Nintendo fan" to eat some humble pie.

The "Hardcore Nintendo fans" will eat humble pie because what is not a Nintendo game (according to yourself anyways) will bomb?
---
UMVC3 --Nemesis/Phoenix Wright/ Akuma
#25PsienceWinsPosted 7/8/2013 10:48:24 PM
Haigicotsu posted...
PsienceWins posted...
It's going to bomb.

Every topic I see on this board has at least one poster saying something along the lines of "I only buy Nintendo games..." Bayonetta 2 is not a Nintendo game. It's a Platinum Games game. Nintendo may have funded it, but that doesn't matter. They also funded Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and that didn't help.

So... It's going to bomb. And I hope it does. I want every "hardcore Nintendo fan" to eat some humble pie.

The "Hardcore Nintendo fans" will eat humble pie because what is not a Nintendo game (according to yourself anyways) will bomb?

Yes. That was a very good paraphrase you made there.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#26G1ingyPosted 7/8/2013 10:52:14 PM
viserdes posted...
I think it will bomb because most Wii U owners are too young to be allowed to buy that game.

And yet, you think it'll do better on the other consoles?
#27demesjos2Posted 7/8/2013 11:00:00 PM
Fractured the fan base by making it exclusive than they further alienated fans of the original by changing the character. I doubt it will do that great. Nintendo is at least trying to get some "mature" games but bayonetta 2 wasn't that sound of an investment.
---
PSN Demes Pawn Molly lvl 190+ Ranger
#28Emperor_mateusPosted 7/8/2013 11:03:28 PM
Bayonetta 2 could bomb, but I also think things could go the other way.

Take tales of Symphonia for example. Their creator even said that they where able to reach a lot of new people thanks to Nintendo's help, making it the best selling tales game. Dragon quest 9 also profited when Nintendo decided to bring it to the west.

Perhaps Bayonetta will have a similar ending, but to be honest I kind of doubt it.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#29leopoldsharkPosted 7/8/2013 11:08:30 PM
Bayonetta is the only Platinum-created game (besides Metal Gear Rising for obvious reasons) that sold decently well but not enough to recuperate costs. 1.5 million sales can still turn a profit if the game is budgeted reasonably. If Nintendo is expecting this level of sales from Bayonetta 2, they might be more careful with funding the project, hopefully not to the detriment of the game though.

Hopefully it sells enough to convince other third parties that some games can sell well enough on the Wii U to generate a profit.
#30JackalPosted 7/8/2013 11:11:53 PM
I have to go with bomb. With less than a 4 million user base and not everyone wants to play this game I'll say 500k in sales. 1 million would be the highest if they are lucky.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz