What are the BEST video games ever made? And why the Wii U will be great.

#1Sharky8Posted 7/8/2013 7:50:57 AM
What are the best video games ever made? Those games that both hardcore gamers and video game critics alike love? Not to mention, those games that also the mass public love as well?

The answer: all of the best video games of all time are Nintendo games. This is why the Wii U has so much potential to be great (I am not saying it is great now, but Nintendo has the experience to make it great).

What was the best video game of the NES/Atari/Genesis era: Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario Bros (1)

What was the best video game of the SNES/Genesis/Saturn era: Super Mario World

What was the absolute best video game of the N64/PS1/Dreamcast era? Super Mario 64 and Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zelda: Majora's Mask

What was the absolute best video game of Gamecube/PS2/XBox era?
Pikmin 1 and 2, Zelda: Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash? Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door? I'm not sure which one stands out the most. But I know it's a Nintendo IP

What was the absolute best video game of the Wii/PS3/XBox360 era?
Super Mario Galaxy 2

So what will be the best game of the Wii U/PS4/XBoxOne era?
We don't yet, but Nintendo has the proven track record that I know they have the potential to make it one of theirs.
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/8/2013 8:04:03 AM
High hopes for Zelda U if we're talking about Nintendo's internal teams. I'm pretty sure X will be a top contender for game of the generation anyway.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3FalseRed92Posted 7/8/2013 8:10:09 AM
Actually in terms of critic reviews GTA4 was the best game of last gen technically.

Plus some games like Uncharted 2 have averages derived from a much larger amount of reviews than many Nintendo games, making the score more impressive. (E.g 80 out of 90 reviews being 96-98% is more impressive than 25 out of 27 being 99%)
#4iKhanicPosted 7/8/2013 8:11:15 AM
TC you are really singling yourself out as a Nintendrone here. While I agree Nintendo produces several of the best games of all time (The number 1 and 2 on gamerankings being Super Mario Galaxy and Ocarina of Time), I disagree that they have created ALL of the greatest games of all time. I might not like first person shooters, but games like Bioshock and Portal definitely seem like they are up there. Ni No Kuni looks absolutely incredible. My favorite game ever, Tales of Symphonia, isn't made by Nitnendo either.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#5iKhanicPosted 7/8/2013 8:12:00 AM
FalseRed92 posted...
Actually in terms of critic reviews GTA4 was the best game of last gen technically.

Plus some games like Uncharted 2 have averages derived from a much larger amount of reviews than many Nintendo games, making the score more impressive. (E.g 80 out of 90 reviews being 96-98% is more impressive than 25 out of 27 being 99%)

No
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6CyricsServantPosted 7/8/2013 8:14:27 AM
Sharky8 posted...
all of the best video games of all time are Nintendo games.

Disagree.
#7blegit97Posted 7/8/2013 8:15:41 AM
Those are the best games from a Nintendo perspective. Lets be real here. Nintendo hasn't made a real Goty competitor since n64 era.
---
PC>PS4>XB1>WiiU>Ouya
#8FalseRed92Posted 7/8/2013 8:15:58 AM
iKhanic posted...
FalseRed92 posted...

No

Metacritic says hi. 86 reviews Vs 81, hm...
#9BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/8/2013 8:16:17 AM
blegit97 posted...
Those are the best games from a Nintendo perspective. Lets be real here. Nintendo hasn't made a real Goty competitor since n64 era.

Galaxy 1 and 2 are the best-rated games of all time.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#10iKhanicPosted 7/8/2013 8:22:23 AM(edited)
FalseRed92 posted...
iKhanic posted...
FalseRed92 posted...

No

Metacritic says hi. 86 reviews Vs 81, hm...

Metacritic also has Twilight Princess ranked above Ocarina of Time. TP is MY favorite Zelda game, but the generally accepted opinion is that Ocarina of Time is one of the top 5 games of all time. TP is also an extremely flawed game.

Yes those are aggregated rankings, but it also depends on the merit of those rankings, and Metacritc is known for some questionable merit standards.
---