What are the BEST video games ever made? And why the Wii U will be great.

#21CyricsServantPosted 7/8/2013 9:21:18 AM
White_Knight13 posted...
ITT: Opinions equal facts.

It's a fact I have an opinion. ;)
#22lopy81Posted 7/8/2013 9:37:36 AM
Don't know about best but my top 10 in no particular order is ...

Super Mario world
super metroid
red dead redemption
gta vice city
arkham asylum
arkham city
Re Remake
Re Code veronica
Link to the past
Ocarina of Time

while half are nintendo or nintendo exclusive, there are a lot of great games on all consoles.
---
---
Psn : sd070109
#23Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 9:38:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#24MercurysMessagePosted 7/8/2013 9:51:48 AM
Sharky8 posted...
White_Knight13 posted...

Shut up, kid, (or mentally deficient adult.) I am so sick of those idiotic gamefaqs posters who reply with **** like this. That was a totally worthless post. And your internet jargon/abbreviations are dumb. Just like everyone on this board saying TC. Everything posted on an internet discussion of video games and "favorite" or "best" video games is opinion. Thanks for stating the obvious, champ. Your glib reply really helped this conversation.

Woah.. Calm down there skippy. It's not a worthless post it's the truth. You are obviously ignoring the fact that every console has had great exclusive games for the past several generations, even if they are all completely different experiences, it's a good thing.
---
"There is not love of life without despair about life"
-Albert Camus
#25FalseRed92Posted 7/8/2013 10:02:55 AM
Sharky8 posted...
White_Knight13 posted...

Shut up, kid, (or mentally deficient adult.) I am so sick of those idiotic gamefaqs posters who reply with **** like this. That was a totally worthless post. And your internet jargon/abbreviations are dumb. Just like everyone on this board saying TC. Everything posted on an internet discussion of video games and "favorite" or "best" video games is opinion. Thanks for stating the obvious, champ. Your glib reply really helped this conversation.

Lol, this just cracks me up.
Haven't seen anyone get this mad in a while, especially over basically nothing.
#26Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 6:48:58 PM
Not really mad so much as just not going to give people a pass when they post dumb 1 line replies stating the obvious.
#27jillwarrenPosted 7/8/2013 7:00:58 PM
Sharky8 posted...
What are the best video games ever made? Those games that both hardcore gamers and video game critics alike love? Not to mention, those games that also the mass public love as well?

The answer: all of the best video games of all time are Nintendo games. This is why the Wii U has so much potential to be great (I am not saying it is great now, but Nintendo has the experience to make it great).

What was the best video game of the NES/Atari/Genesis era: Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario Bros (1)

What was the best video game of the SNES/Genesis/Saturn era: Super Mario World

What was the absolute best video game of the N64/PS1/Dreamcast era? Super Mario 64 and Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zelda: Majora's Mask

What was the absolute best video game of Gamecube/PS2/XBox era?
Pikmin 1 and 2, Zelda: Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash? Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door? I'm not sure which one stands out the most. But I know it's a Nintendo IP

What was the absolute best video game of the Wii/PS3/XBox360 era?
Super Mario Galaxy 2

So what will be the best game of the Wii U/PS4/XBoxOne era?
We don't yet, but Nintendo has the proven track record that I know they have the potential to make it one of theirs.

You had me until the Gamcube/PS2/XBox era. While those are good games there were far better released, namely, Final Fantasy X, Soul Calibur 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Rouge Galaxy, and probably my favorite game that Gen, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Oh, a minor correction; the Dreamcast fit into that era; the Saturn ran head to head with the PS1 and the N64.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#28Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:07:57 PM
jillwarren posted...
Sharky8 posted...
What are the best video games ever made? Those games that both hardcore gamers and video game critics alike love? Not to mention, those games that also the mass public love as well?

The answer: all of the best video games of all time are Nintendo games. This is why the Wii U has so much potential to be great (I am not saying it is great now, but Nintendo has the experience to make it great).

What was the best video game of the NES/Atari/Genesis era: Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario Bros (1)

What was the best video game of the SNES/Genesis/Saturn era: Super Mario World

What was the absolute best video game of the N64/PS1/Dreamcast era? Super Mario 64 and Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zelda: Majora's Mask

What was the absolute best video game of Gamecube/PS2/XBox era?
Pikmin 1 and 2, Zelda: Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash? Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door? I'm not sure which one stands out the most. But I know it's a Nintendo IP

What was the absolute best video game of the Wii/PS3/XBox360 era?
Super Mario Galaxy 2

So what will be the best game of the Wii U/PS4/XBoxOne era?
We don't yet, but Nintendo has the proven track record that I know they have the potential to make it one of theirs.

Oh, a minor correction; the Dreamcast fit into that era; the Saturn ran head to head with the PS1 and the N64.

The Dreamcast and Saturn both do not fit neatly into the other time frames because they released on such a different schedule than Nintendo, but consider the overlap, just understand I didn't type out the Saturn and Dreamcast into multiple categories when I could have.
#29blegit97Posted 7/8/2013 8:13:34 PM
nickvd8 posted...
blegit97 posted...
Those are the best games from a Nintendo perspective. Lets be real here. Nintendo hasn't made a real Goty competitor since n64 era.

Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess say hi. But seeing your sig makes me realize I shouldn't even bother replying to you.

Those are both great games but not exactly goty quality. They may have won a few goty awards but so did Call of Duty. Remember, we are talking about the best games of all time. Plus, my sig says nothing about Wii, just WiiU.
---
PC>PS4>XB1>WiiU>Ouya
#30TallWhiteNinjaPosted 7/8/2013 8:18:48 PM
blegit97 posted...
nickvd8 posted...
blegit97 posted...
Those are the best games from a Nintendo perspective. Lets be real here. Nintendo hasn't made a real Goty competitor since n64 era.

Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess say hi. But seeing your sig makes me realize I shouldn't even bother replying to you.

Those are both great games but not exactly goty quality. They may have won a few goty awards but so did Call of Duty. Remember, we are talking about the best games of all time. Plus, my sig says nothing about Wii, just WiiU.

Metroid Prime (maybe not recent, but newer than N64 era).
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.