Yves Guillemot: Zombie U was not profitable. Rayman multiplat do to that.

#111ConfusionOmniPosted 7/8/2013 11:24:21 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
What's was that Zombie Game that came out recently that everyone's been talking about?

The Last of Us, isn't it?

Isn't that a game that focuses on Survival and Horror Elements instead of gunning down everything you see?

And wasn't that also the fastest selling game of the year so far and still going strong? It's still number 1 in the sales charts, even beating out the long legs of Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Sure, they don't sell. It's a genre that no one should even try to tackle.

Yeah. Why should a game that is from a first party company with first-party money, an outstanding and focused developer, with a limited edition and several pre-order bonuses, advertised for over three years, and the best written story of this generation that takes the crown from both Bioshock and Infinite look, play, feel, be, AND sell better than a well known shovelware making third-party, under-resourced, D-list developed (twice, recall it was a completely different game), under-advertised, unpublicized except by a few pushes from Nintendo, game with just an okay story?

It's like complaining that a poor kid from a broken home can only make a B- when he worked his ass off while not shutting up the kid who has parents that own a hospital and a law firm for making an A+ who didn't even study.

And Animal Crossing is a game that will continue to sell long into the future (outselling Bioshocks and Last of Us and likely every game you will ever praise) while Last of Us is probably going to be forgotten by the gaming populace very soon thanks to PS4 being just a few months away.

... In fact, Animal crossing already has 4 million sales, which is probably the LTD of Last of Us.
---
--------
Capcom has turned Schrodinger's cat into Wesker's head, and MML 3, like Wesker's head, has been observed to not exist.
#112tizzywilkillyouPosted 7/8/2013 11:25:16 AM
Where's the actual Guillemot quote? Not saying the writer is lying, but it's shoddy work, not including the quote he's paraphrasing from.
#113Sonic_DruidPosted 7/8/2013 11:26:48 AM
Jumpmandk posted...
This is always going to be a 3rd party problem on Nintendo systems, and it is only going to get worse in time.

"N" makes systems for themselves, and to hell with what the industry or 3rd parties want. Yeah, it's great that Miyamoto and his teams can make great games, but when you design a system and what it can do, you need to look at the consumer and other publishers in the process.

Proper online accounts, trophies/achievements, proper 4 shoulder buttons & dual analog controllers, etc. These are industry standards, that "N" just flat out refuse to acknowledge(Yes, they now have a proper controller, but it is sold separately, not a good idea)

Now I'm not saying anyone of these features would save the WiiU alone, or is the exact reason for their down fall, but you can't compete among 3rd party games on PC, 360, and PS3 when your system has inferior versions that cost more. Why would anyone buy Batman ages after release, only to pay full price and not have has much to do as the PS3 and 360 games due to trophies and achievements?

Every "N" system ever made has been for their game developers in mind and no one else. This needs to change.

Yeah, the 3DS is of the same mind set, and yes it is doing very well. "N" handhelds have always done well, and this has never been an issue for them, and really doesn't need to be addressed.

Consoles are a different beast, and besides the Wii, every other system from N64 to WiiU has not seen good 3rd party game sales. The Wii actually had some killer 3rd party games, and none of them sold well either. No surprise here, as the console is based around forced waggle controls which no "real" gamer is ever going to get behind long term. Even grandma's came to their senses over time, and Wii sales almost stopped completely.

Why? Because everything "N" has in place is counterproductive to the proper audience of these games actually getting them and enjoying them. Bayonetta 2 will be an awesome game and it will sell super poorly just like most recent 3rd party games. Then "N" will complain how they spent a ton of money to make this killer exclusive and no one bought it. Boo Hoo!

Of course no one is going to buy it, as the audience it is made for is not using or enjoying the WiiU. "N" has always had the same problems. "Well our games sell in the millions, why can't 3rd parties do the same?" Because your marketing and system isn't designed to sell titles that they make, and you guys are clueless to make a system that breeds that kind of market.

Until "N" gets off of their high horse, games like ZonbieU will always sell poorly, and companies like Ubisoft and EA will always take their business to MS and Sony because their systems sell the games that these companies make.

Then again, you don't know that for sure. Bayonetta 2 won't be released till next year and considering the line-up for the Wii U by early 2014, Wii U sales will pick up, which mean Bayonetta 2 will possibly sell well, if things goes well before that time.
---
BFC: 2492-6375-2047
#114NessaJ_TuNPosted 7/8/2013 11:28:01 AM
Buretsu posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Buretsu posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Its pretty sad when lower budget game like AC liberation on PS vita sold better than Zombie U which is a way better game imo and it also has more budget

The difference is that Liberation is an Assassin's Creed game. New entries in an established IP tend to outsell completely new IPs like ZombiU.

Assassins Creed the first time it release also a new IP correct? and it sold million upon millions, on PS3 alone it sold more than 4 millions, so once again the only thing to blame is Nintendo fans here. If Zombie U released as a launch Title for PS3, I bet it will did way better and even break a million by now, the game is very good imo, WII U is lucky to get Zombie U as a launch title, its way better than any PS3 launch title.

Also I bet Ubisoft get way more profit, if they release these games multiplatform and they might already working on the sequel by now. Such a shame a good game dies because of WII U fanbase.

Wow, you're bound and determined to pin this on Wii U fans, aren't you? Assassin's Creed has sold better in 6 years with 4 sequels since then to spur on interest than Zombi U did in 6 months of being a brand new IP, and it would have sold better with less competition as a PS3 launch title, so obviously it only failed because Nintendo fans didn't want to buy it.

ZombiU would have failed even if it had been multiplatform. There are already other, better zombie games out there.

I am not pinning this on WII U fans, it just the truth. in 6 months Assassins Creed already break more than a million on PS3 alone, come on man. What I am saying is I just frustrated that good game like Zombie U didn't get a sequel that they deserved because apparently WII U owner don't give a f*** about it. Also it was pretty much known that most third party titles didn't sell well on Nintendo consoles, heck even Xenoblade the best JRPG this generation not even break a million on WII. Who's to blame here? Nintendo fans obviously. They only care about Mario and Zelda, don't believe me? http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70766/new-super-mario-bros-u/ now compare that with Zombie U numbers /sigh.
#115SolisPosted 7/8/2013 11:29:20 AM
Buretsu posted...
ZombiU would have failed even if it had been multiplatform. There are already other, better zombie games out there.

There were other, better zombie games out there when Dead Island released (also a new IP). Didn't stop it from selling over 4 million copies.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#116mini_blightPosted 7/8/2013 11:30:10 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
Where's the actual Guillemot quote? Not saying the writer is lying, but it's shoddy work, not including the quote he's paraphrasing from.

Others have asked the same question.
#117BuretsuPosted 7/8/2013 11:32:24 AM
Solis posted...
Buretsu posted...

There were other, better zombie games out there when Dead Island released (also a new IP). Didn't stop it from selling over 4 million copies.

And many of those were people fooled by the trailer to think they were actually going to get an interesting game.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#118NessaJ_TuNPosted 7/8/2013 11:33:51 AM
Solis posted...
Buretsu posted...

Actually there is no other good zombie game out there till The Last of Us (well its not even a really zombie game). RE6 and dead island are both trash, Zombie U is awesome. If Zombie U release on 360 on PS3, people would ditch that crappy dead island entirely.
#119supremeblasterPosted 7/8/2013 11:40:42 AM(edited)
What the hell was this guy expecting? The company released a niche survival horror game on a console that just launched and wasn't going to have much of a mature userbase to buy it anyway, I mean seriously, this guy should be thankful it sold as much as it did on Wii U.

What ridiculous expectations.
#120CraiCrushnaPosted 7/8/2013 11:44:06 AM
RespectTheIMD posted...
GoombaX posted...
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Ouch, ZombiU didn't even look like that expensive of a game to make. And when one of your major 3rd Party Games (Arguably the biggest it's had so far outside of Lego City) can't make bank. It's grim signs for third parties in the future.

tomb raider sold like 4 million copies and wasn't profitable either. scary what this gen my do to devs

Blame marketing. When selling four million isn't enough, there's something wrong.

Don't blame marketing. Blame the CEO's for giving the developers too much salary for just sitting there ona computer in an air conditioned room with beverages and food everywhere. Autodesk Maya cost 3499, CS5 Photoshop costs 599. Just with those alone for 20 computers is only 100,000. What actually makes a game cost tons is the salary of people that can not 3d model or animate well. That initial 100,000 plus other software, so lets say 200,000 total is just for 1 game. the next ones after that cost 200,000 less to make. I blame the people giving out the pay checks. And yes, I'm in this industry.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5721070