EA's Peter Moore calls the Wii U a disappointment out of the sync

#41bigjclassicPosted 7/8/2013 5:00:34 PM
Skill4Reel posted...
So he complains about the lack of people online on the WiiU console instead of encouraging his company to put software on the platform (Battlefield 4, Titanfall) like they are doing on the other soon to be released consoles.

Look at what EA released for the Wii U's launch and what they are releasing for the two new consoles later this year and tell me what games are more exciting for a new console.

Lol. They gave the WiiU Madden12 with touch screen features and expected people to rush out and pay full price for that? Sure Most wanted was a decent port, but lets be real. It was a safe, very low risk, small team effort. Which is what you could say for every EA game released on Wii U so far.

A totally different strategy from what they are taking with the next two console releases this year. All I'm saying is that EA got back from WiiU owners in software sales exactly what they put in. No risk. No reward.

Logic is awesome. :)
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
My channel: youtube.com/classicviolence
#42SigmaHacielPosted 7/8/2013 5:01:48 PM
EA Games, its drowning in salt.
---
Don't like my opinion? Gosick. There is a reason it is MY opinion and not yours.
#43mercurythewhitePosted 7/8/2013 5:03:26 PM
iKhanic posted...
Yeah now it makes sense why EA and Nintendo are at odds. Nintendo sees the future of gaming in immersion with enhanced controls. EA sees the future of gaming in online.

LOL...

Look up, look down, look up ... haha
---
White Light, White Heat.
#44GamespohtPosted 7/8/2013 5:04:40 PM
EA says something negative about the Wii U?

STOP THE F$%#?/#ING PRESSES!!!!
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#45dancing_cactuarPosted 7/8/2013 5:06:48 PM
squatch22 posted...
dancing_cactuar posted...
Pretty much every console is out of sync with what EA envisions for the industry to be honest.

They should really just make their own crappy console with their own nonsense and stop complaining when other companies don't match up with their draconian ideas.

They did. The 3DO.
It flopped

Yeah, but that was back when EA was actually kind of awesome. I mean that new, greedy EA should make their own awful version of Steambox. The Origin, with mandatory online, all games must require DLC and Microtransactions, and the games will cost $70. Let them see how the consumers will react to that garbage.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#46NickTheBlitzPosted 7/8/2013 5:09:10 PM
lol, people still take EA seriously. Remember how they said they'll never make Wii U games aga-- oh wait, they changed their mind on that. Remember how they said Frostbite 3 doesn't work on the Wii U-- oh wait, they lied and it does.

EA calls Wii U a disappointment? Everyone and their mother has been calling EA a disappointment for at least half a decade.
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
Check out my webcomic! http://www.drunkduck.com/La_Vie_a_la_Mode
#47DemonicChaosXXPosted 7/8/2013 5:48:45 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
This is good, because the future of EA is to crash and burn.

Exactly.
---
It's a point and click adventure where the only action is "use gun" on "man". - vidgameking84
#48GusMungerPosted 7/8/2013 7:06:19 PM
Saintman32190 posted...
Agreed. Wii U is a disaster.

Troll much?
#49biggy204Posted 7/8/2013 7:38:53 PM
NickTheBlitz posted...
lol, people still take EA seriously. Remember how they said they'll never make Wii U games aga-- oh wait, they changed their mind on that. Remember how they said Frostbite 3 doesn't work on the Wii U-- oh wait, they lied and it does.

EA calls Wii U a disappointment? Everyone and their mother has been calling EA a disappointment for at least half a decade.

I have seen alot of EA topics in the Wii U board, but no proof of a fully functional Frostbite 3 running on the Wii U. Unless I missed a few topics saying otherwise while I wasnt on here been on tge 3DS and Project X Zone boards. I remember something of the lines EA tried and found the Wii U ran it very poorly. Also that EA is porting the frostbite engine to Mobile Phones ( maybe because smartphones are the next big market).

But yeah if we see a BF4 demo running on a Wii U, EA will still say Frostbite cant run on the Wii U.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#50jillwarrenPosted 7/8/2013 7:41:17 PM
I just wish EA would make up their mind. If they hate the Wii-U that much, stop talking about it. If someone asks about it reply "EA is not supporting that particular console." I mean if I were Iwata I would be PISSED about the way EA has treated my new product. I mean, why CONTINUE to bash it? Also, why lie about it? We get it; the system is not selling well, and EA is anticipating far better sales for the two upcoming consoles. So why laugh about the system, or offer tons of vague statements?

People need to take a que from Vinnie Mac; don't talk about your competitors. If you hate the Wii-U so much quit talking about it. All you are doing is keeping it linked with your name.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.