Miyamoto wanted Pikmin 3 online but didn't because of CPU.

#1SteamedRicePosted 7/8/2013 10:37:29 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/07/05/miyamoto-talks-zelda-pikmin-and-wii-u-development.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Could you talk a little bit about 2-player co-op?

"The multiplayer is local only. We wanted to make it online, but partly, one of the reasons we didn't is we really wanted to use the full CPU power to really create this natural world."

Kinda weird that the first thing to come up was because of the CPU. Really? Pikmin 3 isn't much of a looker in the first place and it has local co-op... why would more cpu be needed to handle online?
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 7/8/2013 10:39:48 AM
That just seems kind of terrible and more like an excuse that they couldn't get it working properly.

Then, I read this part:

But also, the other thing that is important about the cooperative play in this game is that it's important for the players to really be able to communicate. So that's why local play is much better, because of the speed and the patience in which you're communicating about going after the apple or the other different items, and trying to approach the level in that sense.

On any other system, developers would make a game with the assumption that we could use headsets.
---
Sig under construction.
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/8/2013 10:40:15 AM
SteamedRice posted...
Pikmin 3 isn't much of a looker in the first place

Wha :U
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/8/2013 10:42:29 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
That just seems kind of terrible and more like an excuse that they couldn't get it working properly.

Then, I read this part:

But also, the other thing that is important about the cooperative play in this game is that it's important for the players to really be able to communicate. So that's why local play is much better, because of the speed and the patience in which you're communicating about going after the apple or the other different items, and trying to approach the level in that sense.

On any other system, developers would make a game with the assumption that we could use headsets.

Heck, the Gamepad itself has an Inbuilt Microphone for voice-chat. It's not like the inability to use Voice Chat is a problem here.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#5METALINGUS5150Posted 7/8/2013 10:42:53 AM
This sucks for people who wanted to have online play as an option.
#6UFOLochePosted 7/8/2013 10:43:04 AM
NovaLevossida posted...

Then, I read this part:

Yes, thank you Miyamoto, because SKYPE isn't a thing, because the Wii U gamepad DOESN'T HAVE A MIC BUILT RIGHT IN! And I'm so glad you know what's best for me, Miyamoto, yep, no games with a basis on tactics and quick communication and with online play has EVER been released on PC, PS3, or 360.

*eyerub*Seriously...
---
NNID:UFOLoche Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 7/8/2013 10:43:17 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Then, I read this part:

Heck, the Gamepad itself has an Inbuilt Microphone for voice-chat. It's not like the inability to use Voice Chat is a problem here.

Yeah, I really don't get Nintendo's approach to anything online... They have all the capabilities but never end up using anything.
---
Sig under construction.
#8AwayFromHerePosted 7/8/2013 10:44:35 AM
Goddamnit...
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#9VanderZooPosted 7/8/2013 10:47:51 AM
Nintendo is stupid. I literally get angry and annoyed every time I read something to do with Nintendo and online. Forget Nintendo and Sony being enemies, online and internet are Nintendo's true rivals apparently.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/8/2013 10:48:51 AM
ITT, Gamers have been communicating via headset for so long, they forgot how it differs from a real conversation.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656