Miyamoto wanted Pikmin 3 online but didn't because of CPU.

#91squatch22Posted 7/9/2013 12:12:25 AM
GloryChaos posted...
Yamauchi was the one who said that gamers didn't want online multiplayer.

In any case, the CPU thing is a bold faced lie that we're supposed to believe based on the fact that we don't know much about the technical ins and outs of the WiiU. Unless you also want to believe that Nintendo wasn't capable of animating Princess Peach's dress on the Wii.

Yamauchi said that in 2004. Before console online took off.

Miyamoto said they weren't sure how to animate the dress to make it look right.
---
Nintendo stock: 11,630 - Sony stock: 2,166
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#92JKatarnPosted 7/9/2013 12:12:27 AM
icarus231 posted...
squatch22 posted...
sonic777 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Miyamoto still has a point. There is an experience to be had in person that you simply can't have online. Look at a game like Mario Party, that's a game that really shouldn't be online because the full interaction with friends (or former-friends since this is Mario Party) is the main draw of the game.

Keep drinking that Nintendo Kool Aid.

Just because u hate physical contact with other ppl. Lol

Maybe its not his fault he has no friends.

Many people move around after a certain age/as events occur in their life, not everyone lives in the same city their entire lives.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#93BadreviewPosted 7/9/2013 12:13:34 AM
STE573 posted...
squatch22 posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Nintendo could trigger world war 3 and these people would defend them. Grown men...

Pathetic!

Nintendo could have the most powerful console ever and sell it for $1 and trolls would still bash them.

This is true.

Also on topic. Miyamoto doesn't do online, why are people still surprised by stuff like this? Pikmin doesn't really suit online, fair enough Mario 3DW arguably does, but still, it's Miyamoto, the same guy that once said something like online would never be viable in home consoles during the GCN era. My advice is that people should just get over it.

Or that Miyamoto's philosophy is bad and wrong.

We have amazing Co-Op online games like L4D that require teamwork and where if you want to be successful you have to work together.

Apparently Nintendo only likes appeasing little kids that don't get to play video games online.
#94GloryChaosPosted 7/9/2013 12:13:46 AM
squatch22 posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Yamauchi was the one who said that gamers didn't want online multiplayer.

In any case, the CPU thing is a bold faced lie that we're supposed to believe based on the fact that we don't know much about the technical ins and outs of the WiiU. Unless you also want to believe that Nintendo wasn't capable of animating Princess Peach's dress on the Wii.

Yamauchi said that in 2004. Before console online took off.

Miyamoto said they weren't sure how to animate the dress to make it look right.

Actually, he just said it would take a very long time to do. He also said that Toad had a body similar to Mario's and Peach lacked that.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#95DreamSiamesePosted 7/9/2013 1:00:51 AM
Please understand?
#9695_EclipsePosted 7/9/2013 1:48:16 AM
SteamedRice posted...
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/07/05/miyamoto-talks-zelda-pikmin-and-wii-u-development.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Could you talk a little bit about 2-player co-op?

"The multiplayer is local only. We wanted to make it online, but partly, one of the reasons we didn't is we really wanted to use the full CPU power to really create this natural world."

Kinda weird that the first thing to come up was because of the CPU. Really? Pikmin 3 isn't much of a looker in the first place and it has local co-op... why would more cpu be needed to handle online?

CPU doesn't control the graphics, that would be the GPU o.o

CPU has more to do with AI control, physics calculations etc etc.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#97nonexistingheroPosted 7/9/2013 2:46:04 AM
GloryChaos posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Yeah, I really don't get Nintendo's approach to anything online... They have all the capabilities but never end up using anything.

Yeah, I like Nintendo. But I really don't understand their online logic at all.

Their logic is that they really want to preserve the idea of playing locally together with friends. This makes sense, but there's no reason why a game can't have both online multiplayer and local multiplayer. Brawl had both. Thus, I utilized both.

Which is one of the reasons for why I don't understand their logic.

Another one is that Nintendo has expressed that they're serious about online on the Wii U. But their first 1st party game that has online multiplayer won't be released until around March, which is almost 1.5 years after the launch of the console (Mario Kart 8). Basically, regardless of Nintendo's statement of being serious about online, they really aren't serious at all.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#98HolloweaverPosted 7/9/2013 2:50:33 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
UFOLoche posted...
iKhanic posted...

Miyamoto still has a point. There is an experience to be had in person that you simply can't have online. Look at a game like Mario Party, that's a game that really shouldn't be online because the full interaction with friends (or former-friends since this is Mario Party) is the main draw of the game.

I'm not discrediting local play, hell, I hang out with two of my closest friends every weekend and we play games. However, you act like online play is JUST for playing with randoms.

To add to that, I play online games with two different groups of friends that I know outside of the games, and we don't live near each other anymore. There hasn't been any fundamental difference between us playing locally like we used to and playing online, apart from seeing our physical appearances in the room. We laugh and make accusatory claims of people pulling bull like we used to, and the shared gameplay is as fun as ever.

Local multiplayer is never a reason to simply not have online multiplayer. And even then, playing with random people, I've met people across the country and in other countries who are great to play games with and talk to. Hell, some of the coolest people I've gamed with online were from Ireland and Japan, and that just wouldn't be possible with Nintendo's archaic approach to multiplayer experiences.

you nailed it, mail this 10 billion times to nintendo... till they get it... i wonder if they ever read posts like this and what they think about it...
#99songoku0206Posted 7/9/2013 5:01:11 AM
Again this fanbase is a joke ,the Nintendo fanbase is so simple minded, you guys only think inside of the box and only think about yourselves and not the community as a whole, yet you guys wonder why MS change their policies. You guys accept every excuses they give you if you guys you guys need to become more vocal. Until then a kiddie console for a kiddie fanbase since Nintendo won't even let you guys be the man of your house with their excuse for region lock.
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206
#100BadreviewPosted 7/9/2013 5:08:11 AM
songoku0206 posted...
Again this fanbase is a joke ,the Nintendo fanbase is so simple minded, you guys only think inside of the box and only think about yourselves and not the community as a whole, yet you guys wonder why MS change their policies. You guys accept every excuses they give you if you guys you guys need to become more vocal. Until then a kiddie console for a kiddie fanbase since Nintendo won't even let you guys be the man of your house with their excuse for region lock.

I agree, just look at all the Excuses Iwata has spouted out since the Gamecube era.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/04/02/satoru-iwata-hubris-versus-western-culture/

"Iwata promises that Wii U will avoid major droughts that plagued 3DS and Wii.

“As we learned a bitter lesson with the launch of the Nintendo 3DS, we are trying to take every possible measure so that the Wii U will have a successful launch.”

The article also talks about what Nintendo's Philisophy is. And it shows that they have no intention of ever changing.