Frozenbyte. Wii U is "truly powerful"

#11jbhensPosted 7/8/2013 12:32:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12VanderZooPosted 7/8/2013 12:34:24 PM
OK I just watched both trailers, for GTA V and X, I think GTA V has better graphics, in some ways much better, like the character models and their facial animations for example.

What do you guys think?

GTA V:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfzrQGU6jhM

After seeing that I definitely wouldn't say X is a step above what the PS3 can do, and I'd go so far to say GTA V actually has better graphics.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#13VanderZooPosted 7/8/2013 12:35:05 PM
jbhens posted...
Lol at people that think X doesn't look like a step above of what the PS3 and 360 could do. I'm far from a Nintendo fanboy and even I can admit that. Maybe I was wrong about Nintendo fanboys. Maybe Sony and MS fanboys are even dumber...

Watch this, it's not a step above what the PS3 can do:

---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
#14BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/8/2013 12:36:06 PM
VanderZoo posted...
OK I just watched both trailers, for GTA V and X, I think GTA V has better graphics, in some ways much better, like the character models and their facial animations for example.

What do you guys think?

GTA V:

After seeing that I definitely wouldn't say X is a step above what the PS3 can do, and I'd go so far to say GTA V actually has better graphics.

We haven't seen facial animations on X models yet. Heck, we've only seen half a face for a couple seconds.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#15BuretsuPosted 7/8/2013 12:36:31 PM
VanderZoo posted...
Sorry, I just think it's so ridiculous that a console that comes out 6 years after the PS3 and 360 still needs to be stated that it's more powerful. Who cares? Next gen consoles are coming out this year, what does it matter if the Wii U is more powerful than last gen PS3 and 360, like it should be by default anyway?

Because you still get tons of idiots who like to claim that the Wii U isn't as strong as the PS3/360.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#16VanderZooPosted 7/8/2013 12:37:33 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
We haven't seen facial animations on X models yet. Heck, we've only seen half a face for a couple seconds.

And that was enough, it was incredibly simplistic, very anime style, hardly any detail on the face and I doubt it will have anywhere close to the quality of realistic animations GTA V had.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
#17VanderZooPosted 7/8/2013 12:39:34 PM
Buretsu posted...
VanderZoo posted...
Sorry, I just think it's so ridiculous that a console that comes out 6 years after the PS3 and 360 still needs to be stated that it's more powerful. Who cares? Next gen consoles are coming out this year, what does it matter if the Wii U is more powerful than last gen PS3 and 360, like it should be by default anyway?

Because you still get tons of idiots who like to claim that the Wii U isn't as strong as the PS3/360.

It's obviously stronger, but I kind of get what they're saying, there's no still no game out for the Wii U that doesn't look like it couldn't run on a PS3. PS3's best offerings are still ahead of what Wii U has shown so far (stuff like the last of us, god of war).

Beyond: Two Souls looks better than any Wii U game announced.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
#18JackalPosted 7/8/2013 12:40:54 PM
jbhens posted...
nickvd8 posted...
jbhens posted...
I think someone only needs to look at X or even Mario Kart to realize that the Wii U is capable of more then either the PS3 or 360 could do.

I wouldn't go that far but it's certainly more capable than people make it out to be.

X definitely looks like a step above anything on the PS3 or 360. And it's still in development.

The Wii U is a capable machine but at this point I can't agree with that statement.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#19STE573Posted 7/8/2013 12:42:11 PM
Define truly powerful? A step up from 7 year old consoles? Or in fact what represents the generational leap the PS4 does above them. Who ever said this should be slapped.

And to those that are banging on about X, sure it's a beautiful game, but it's not on par with games like TLOU or Witcher 2... Yeah it's open world, but talking on strict cosmetic terms X doesn't look better than either game. Technically, they are astonishing, but then, not really worth touting against the PS4 X1 potential they are technically (like it or not) competing against...

TL;DR- Stupid statement is stupid. It's like saying the Wii is truly powerful compared to the PS2 when the PS3 is what it should be measured against...
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing The Last of Us (PS3), Persona 4 (Vita), Forza 3 (Xbox 360), Okami HD (PS3), Demon Souls (PS3)
#20ZSaberLinkPosted 7/8/2013 12:49:00 PM(edited)
Making comparisons of GTA5 to X? Plenty of technical people (including myself), some of whom are mostly Microsoft fans, agree that X clearly is something that can't be done on the current-gen consoles. While the graphics themselves could be done on a smaller scale, X's scale is ridiculous. For one, you're forgetting the paltry amount of RAM the PS3 and 360 have in comparison to even the Wii U. Xenoblade and likely X is about seamless detailed environments often with a natural beauty, not about facial expressions. GTA is about having a detailed city and pays more attention to NPCs/humans in the game. These are really different things to be comparing...

Also to those who point to The Last of Us as a pretty game, that's due to having lots of very talented artists. Technically, the lighting among other things is actually worse than Uncharted 2. For certain studios, they peaked with the PS3 in like 2008/2009. What the Last of Us did was have good art direction and a LOT of attention to detail. Trying to compare good art direction to technical specs is pointless.
---
Mario Kart DS: 305002 678144
My Game Blog - http://zsaberlink.wordpress.com