Am I the only Wii U owner hoping this system really does fail?

#141XWolfOPosted 7/8/2013 11:24:01 PM
No matter how much you want Nintendo games on the PS4 or Xbone, it ain't happening. They won't fail.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#142UponADarkThornePosted 7/8/2013 11:28:10 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
UponADarkThorne posted...
Remember when PC gaming wasn't about cutting edge, revolutionary graphics but rather a different sort of game that you couldn't usually get on a console? I do.

Back in the day, I wasn't PC gamer because I cared about graphics, I was a PC gamer because consoles didn't allow me to play games like Baldur's Gate, the various point and click adventures, various sims of every sort, and mech games. While sometimes you had graphics comparable to consoles a lot of these games were inferior, at least as far as visible appearance goes.

I remember when PC gaming was about both. And how it still is.

The nice thing about PC gaming is that it encompasses everything.

You have only consoles to blame for "PC exclusive experiences" being on the decline.

PC gaming is about the unique experience anymore, it's about graphics wanking. The only games that are attempting to capture the feeling of "old-style" PC games are funded by Kickstarter - maybe a handful of indie titles, too.

And I do have to blame console gaming for the decline - but I don't blame Nintendo. I blame Microsoft for the X-Box mainly, and to a lesser degree, Sony for following in their footsteps with the PS3.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#143sam94030Posted 7/8/2013 11:35:31 PM
Whether or not Wii U fails, the moment Smash Bros. comes out, whether or not THAT fails, everyone will have a Wii U. Whether you like it or not.
---
Believe in your justice.
#144ashcrvPosted 7/8/2013 11:45:20 PM
Wanting something to fail will just make sure it doesn't fail so keep at it TC. More fun for me and more winning for the awesome company that is Nintendo and the amazing console that is the Wii U. See ya.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#145PokeGold235Posted 7/8/2013 11:53:55 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
Spoiler alert: if you're a gamer at all then you're a spoiled princess.

That means you are living comfortably in a first world country with electricity, a television, and stable income to spend on games.

You do realize that you just called yourself a spoiled princess, right?
#146StarBladeEdgePosted 7/9/2013 12:04:07 AM
tl'dr

but the topic title alone is '' facepalm'' and shows the board is full of dumb people.
---
WiiU>>>>>>>>>>>That's it. Every stupid post get's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI
#147MasterLink2012Posted 7/9/2013 12:19:25 AM
Yes you are. You should be ashamed if you ask me.
#148IzunaDrop1990Posted 7/9/2013 12:21:19 AM
I support good games as a gamer I hope all consoles flourish
---
Perhaps...I am a ghost?
Zelda, greatest franchise bar none.
#149sonic777Posted 7/9/2013 12:27:47 AM
Once again, a perfectly reasonable topic turns into accusations against the TC's character.

Gotta love how the ad homenim is the go-to response for Nintendo fans when they are faced with criticism. And then they play the victim card.

It's disgusting.
---
<3 NINTENDO OMG
#150JKatarnPosted 7/9/2013 12:29:00 AM
ZeroRaider posted...
Remember when PC gaming wasn't about cutting edge, revolutionary graphics but rather a different sort of game that you couldn't usually get on a console? I do.

Back in the day, I wasn't PC gamer because I cared about graphics, I was a PC gamer because consoles didn't allow me to play games like Baldur's Gate, the various point and click adventures, various sims of every sort, and mech games. While sometimes you had graphics comparable to consoles a lot of these games were inferior, at least as far as visible appearance goes.

I remember when PC gaming was about both. And how it still is.

The nice thing about PC gaming is that it encompasses everything.

You have only consoles to blame for "PC exclusive experiences" being on the decline.

PC gaming is about the unique experience anymore, it's about graphics wanking. The only games that are attempting to capture the feeling of "old-style" PC games are funded by Kickstarter - maybe a handful of indie titles, too.

And I do have to blame console gaming for the decline - but I don't blame Nintendo. I blame Microsoft for the X-Box mainly, and to a lesser degree, Sony for following in their footsteps with the PS3.

Gaming has moved on, the main focus of PC-centric and AAA developers is no longer simulations and turn-based strategy games and RPGs with dense tomes included, this is mainly due to gaming/gaming hardware going mainstream. This does not mean there aren't still deep games out there, there are plenty, they just aren't the main focus of developers, which is what seems to be bothering you. An industry cannot afford to cater exclusively to the niche markets, they have to release what the mass market wants. If you take a few moments and look beyond the Call of Duties and WoWs, you'd find plenty of depth in the PC market. Oh, I might suggest perusing GoG.com, I highly doubt you played every single worthwhile classic DOS game back in the day, there should be more than enough there to keep you occupied if depth is what you're after.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES