Am I the only Wii U owner hoping this system really does fail?

#191R_O_B_SentryPosted 7/12/2013 9:25:56 AM
TC I read your opening post. You are soooo cool and so right. You don't know how much I agree with you and I really think Pachter the famous video game analyst says everything right about what the Wii U does wrong.

I believe Nintendo thought the pad would make this system sell, but I'm sorry to say guys the console is underpowered and the technology is seriously out dated, the big N games coming out for this system are not creating hype for me at all, but some developers are keeping me from selling the Wii U, Donkey Kong Country Retruns 2 is definitely a good buy OVER MARIO. In all honesty the first DKCR had me sell out New Super Mario Bros Wii which was so bland, DKCR made platforming so exciting.

Another one is Smash, but this is basically why I bought the system.

Mario Kart 8, hmmm I'll think about that.

Thumbs up to you TC, I'm so glad you've made this topic, it's another attempt to make people realise that they've got to get up and scream at Nintendo to do better.

The console still hasn't won third party support for Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts...
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#192ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 2:38:57 PM
I'd just like to add that Nintendo's recent "screw you" to the fans by those horrible prizes in Club Nintendo this year for people who spent $600 on their products is another reason why I hope the Wii U fails.
#193Eldave0Posted 7/16/2013 7:33:15 AM
Was expecting this to be a troll topic but I have to say I agree with your overall point. Nintendo consoles are always worth picking up because, lets face it, no one does exclusives like Nintendo, but if these great games were made multi-format I would stick with my Xbox.
That said I paid 200 for a Wii-U yesterday so its hardly a huge investment and well worth it for Pikmin, W101, Bayonetta2, DK, Mario3D, Kart and Smash :)
#194R_O_B_SentryPosted 7/20/2013 7:38:13 AM
I think Nintendo's recent and unexpected release of Earthbound is signalling that they are desperate.

I don't mind having Earthbound, it's my favourite SNES game but I don't know if this is the only thing I might like about the Wii U VC as I have already enjoyed all the other titles on the Wii. I sure hope they bring the GBA up quickly as well, and GBA was announced before Earthbound...
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#195zatOMGPosted 7/20/2013 8:05:06 AM
I was never disappointed with the Wii, its graphics, or its games.
Your generalizations don't speak for everyone, and in fact not even the majority of console owners. You might speak for the vocal minority of "hardcore gamers" but in reality your opinion means close to nothing in terms of "the big picture."

I enjoy my Wii U, its 1080p graphics, its game selection (despite what this board says, I've found a decent variety; Racing - Sonic Allstars, Need For Speed U/ Platformers - Mario U, Mutant Mudds/ Open World Collectathon - Lego City U/ Whatever the hell you categorize Monster Hunter 3 U as/ Minigame - Game & Wario/ 3d Adventure - Ninja Gaiden 3/ Survival Horror - Zombi U/ Rhythm - Bit Trip 2/ Shmup - Nano Assault/), and to a lesser extent Miiverse (the admins are outrageous).

I want all systems to succeed. This will be the first Xbox I am even interested in, mostly for that Dragon game made by Panzer Dragoon creator.

What I don't want to succeed? Your negative attitude influencing others. If you are so unhappy with the damn thing sell it.
#196P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/20/2013 8:08:31 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
Too long, didn't read.

And yes, you are the only one hoping that. All any real gamer cares about is that the games are fun; everything else is irrelevant.

---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#197Numbuh100Posted 7/20/2013 8:17:47 AM
Pachter is stupid. He doesn't know anything about Wii U. Just kissing MS's ass.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#198KingBeetlePosted 7/20/2013 8:58:36 AM
http://a1.aastatic.com/assets/img/content/merge/2011/m-09-20-pic2.jpg
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Er, sometimes.
#199stekim40Posted 7/20/2013 9:10:02 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
Too long, didn't read.

Too lazy to read more than one paragraph but not too lazy to comment.

Sums up children today.. I can only apologise that the education system failed you.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#200P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/20/2013 12:53:45 PM
stekim40 posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Too long, didn't read.

Too lazy to read more than one paragraph but not too lazy to comment.

Sums up children today.. I can only apologise that the education system failed you.

Or, not ignorant enough to waste time reading this senseless drivel.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"