About to buy a Wii U tonight. Some questions before I leave.

#1dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/8/2013 5:40:20 PM
1. I know this is a silly question, as the answer is most likely "yes", but will the Wii U get Grand Theft Auto 5? Everyone says the console is more powerful than the PS3 and 360, so I can't see why it wouldn't.

2. There is cross-game chat, right? I'd like to be able to talk with friends that are playing different games. This is a HUGE deal to me.

3. You can use four of the tablet controllers at once, right?

4. My friends say that the third party support is huge this time around, and that third parties like EA and Activision will be making a ton of games for the Wii U. As someone who isn't a big fan of Nintendo's first party games (Mario games are all the same, and Zelda won't ditch the old formula) I'd be buying this console more for third party games than anything. What can I expect?

5. I need a console that can play Gamecube games. I'd imagine this is obvious, as the Wii could play Gamecube games and this for sure plays Wii games, but I haven't heard a solid answer. This is basically a deal breaker for me.

Thanks in advance! Can't wait to buy this console if it's what I'm looking for!
#2Go2ChurchPosted 7/8/2013 5:42:34 PM
Nothing to see here folks, move along.

On the off chance you are serious, it does none of those things.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#3Companion_Cube_Posted 7/8/2013 5:45:23 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
1. I know this is a silly question, as the answer is most likely "yes", but will the Wii U get Grand Theft Auto 5? Everyone says the console is more powerful than the PS3 and 360, so I can't see why it wouldn't.

2. There is cross-game chat, right? I'd like to be able to talk with friends that are playing different games. This is a HUGE deal to me.

4. My friends say that the third party support is huge this time around, and that third parties like EA and Activision will be making a ton of games for the Wii U. As someone who isn't a big fan of Nintendo's first party games (Mario games are all the same, and Zelda won't ditch the old formula) I'd be buying this console more for third party games than anything. What can I expect?

5. I need a console that can play Gamecube games. I'd imagine this is obvious, as the Wii could play Gamecube games and this for sure plays Wii games, but I haven't heard a solid answer. This is basically a deal breaker for me.

*Sigh*

Trolls just keep on getting worse and worse...
#4crucialPosted 7/8/2013 5:45:25 PM
Good Luck,I hear it's 3rd party line up is much better then what MS can offer LMAO....
#5XplodnPnguins92Posted 7/8/2013 5:47:00 PM
fantastic topic, tc! i dont know the answers myself but seeing how the features youve listed are common features among the next gen consoles, im sure the wii u is capable of all that. cheers!
---
http://i.imgur.com/Dn9vLMi.jpg
#6Chrome76Posted 7/8/2013 5:47:39 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...

If your not trolling I would wait for a $50 off deal or a $50 Gift Card. If you don't want Nintendo Land and will not buy games digitally you can easily get a basic for around $200.
#7TheIastspartanPosted 7/8/2013 5:48:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8dancing_cactuarPosted 7/8/2013 5:50:05 PM
I see the trolls are out in full force today, with GreenYoshi backpedaling like crazy, Mercury denying facts, and this post right here.

Step your game up guys. This isn't even amusing anymore.
---
I kinda like to imagine that all Voice-Actors are reality-jumping individuals basically stuck in a Quantum Leap situation.
#9nickvd8Posted 7/8/2013 5:50:14 PM
1. It actually already has GTA5 it was a launch title. Go pick it up, play it on Wii U first!
2. It does have cross-game chat, you can also chat with aliens on the moon with it too!
3. It supports 8 total gamepads, just take out a 2nd mortgage on your home to afford that many.
4. It has all the 3rd party support that you could ever want, and then some Half-Life 3 is actually a Wii U exclusive.
5. It plays Gamecube, Wii, N64, SNES & NES games! You just need to buy a $1000 adaptor that plugs into the USB port to allow cartridges to be played on the Wii U.

Let me know if you have anymore legit questions would love to answer them for you in a non-sarcastic way!
---
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.
#10BloodychessPosted 7/8/2013 5:50:35 PM
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes, it does let another player from Japan finish a level for you.

Now go buy it.
---
My pancakes are haunted, they give me the crepes!!