What if Link had voice acting similar to Silent Bob?

#1TastyKittyMMMMPosted 7/8/2013 5:47:15 PM
Silent Bob (of Jay And Silent Bob, obviously) is quiet 90% of the time but typically near the end of any movie he's in, he will drop some big philosophical bombshell.

Imagine if Link was like that. He's silent throughout most of the game and then as he gets more and more experienced both as a warrior and a person, he makes some striking comments about the situation at hand. Perhaps even some HUGE revelation that the rest of the cast had overlooked until he decides to bring it up.

This method would please both those who want Link silent and also those like me who realize Link does have an established character and there is no need in this era for him to remain silent.
#2Tsutarja495Posted 7/8/2013 7:12:11 PM
I don't want it, I want absolute silence. Link is supposed to be the player, hence the name. If he says something the player doesn't even know, that breaks the whole deal. It's one of the reasons I thought Robin from Fire Emblem Awakening failed as a player avatar, they had a personality and even made decisions behind the player's back.
#3pokemonfreak97Posted 7/8/2013 8:28:07 PM
Link doesn't talk.

At best, he vocalizes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_protagonist
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.