C/D: Unique and original, but optional, stories could easily improve Mario games

#11wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:56:48 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Mario games sell just fine without them, it's not needed.

Not the point of this topic.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#12Virus66Posted 7/8/2013 8:08:29 PM
The stories for Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi easily are the best aspects of the franchises. If only they injected the main games with that wit and humor (and fury!)
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#13Tsutarja495Posted 7/8/2013 8:10:16 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...

Sales indicate interest in a series. Sales dropping indicates major changes need to be made. Sales staying high indicates people are satisfied with the way things are. Tell me the top selling games on the 3DS and Wii U, ie the ones most people want. Do these have any story to speak of?
#14wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 8:16:10 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
wiiking96 posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...

Sales indicate interest in a series. Sales dropping indicates major changes need to be made. Sales staying high indicates people are satisfied with the way things are. Tell me the top selling games on the 3DS and Wii U, ie the ones most people want. Do these have any story to speak of?

---
#15deathwave21Posted 7/8/2013 8:19:37 PM
I think maybe a realistic style Mario game would improve the Mario Universe. We could call it Super Mario U
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#16Banjo2553Posted 7/8/2013 8:24:33 PM
Super Mario 3D World shows promise with a unique storyline in a Mario platformer for once. Granted, I'm not expecting much, but at the least, Peach is not kidnapped and there are evidences of Subcon residents in the game.

We know Bowser is involved though, but those two things make me curious.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#17GloryChaosPosted 7/8/2013 9:00:10 PM
wiiking96 posted...
One thing I'd like to see is some quirky characters making appearances in stages to give hints. They would appear in the background, and you could talk to them by pressing a button when you're near them.

In the 3D platformers, maybe. This would be useless in the 2d games and it wouldn't really add anything either.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#18wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 6:27:40 AM
GloryChaos posted...
wiiking96 posted...
One thing I'd like to see is some quirky characters making appearances in stages to give hints. They would appear in the background, and you could talk to them by pressing a button when you're near them.

In the 3D platformers, maybe. This would be useless in the 2d games and it wouldn't really add anything either.

Hints to Star Coin locations and secret exits? Tips on how to defeat bosses? Funny dialogue mixed in with the gameplay?
---
#19nonexistingheroPosted 7/9/2013 6:55:00 AM
D

It's not about the story. Just about the setting. The story just needs to be a decent excuse for the setting. That's all.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#20Crazy_tank51Posted 7/9/2013 7:01:45 AM
It's not exactly needed but I just wish Miyamoto would stop talking about story like it's a hideous tumor on a game. Seriously, name 1 game that had a plot that impeded the gameplay.
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD