Need help deciding...

#1random_man9119Posted 7/8/2013 7:10:06 PM
So since I'm splitting my money between comics and video games right now... I decided to spend a bit on a Wii U game... A bit meaning under $20... So I narrowed(sp?) it down to 3 choices

A) Bit.Trip Saga 2
B) The first 3 Megaman
C) Or Tekken (I found a copy for $16)

Now the problem is... I love Rhythm games (reason for Bit.Trip Saga 2)... The original Megaman are classics and I remember enjoying them... And I like Tekken and need a new fighting game (got tired of Injustice and UMvC3)

So what's everyone think?
---
PSN: Des-Nos | 3DS FC: 1375 7442 7348
NNID: MrOddities
#2picanoPosted 7/8/2013 7:16:34 PM
If you are in to 100%ing things, then Bit Trip might hold you over until you have more money to spend.
#3DH2007Posted 7/8/2013 7:21:22 PM
I'm quite partial to the Megman series, I'd go for the 3 games since that's more games and a whole lot of levels, with some of the best classic nes music ever.
---
PSN: Progamer_3
3DS FC: 4468-1000-5936 Nintendo ID: DH2007
#41shadetail1Posted 7/8/2013 7:22:31 PM
The Megaman games are serious classics, but they don't have a lot of replay value. Once you finish one, there's no reason to play it anymore. They're still really good, though.

Tekken might have a lot more replay value, if you're into trying to master every playable character. It depends on how much you enjoy fighting games.

I've never played any of the Bit Trip games, so I probably shouldn't advise you on that one. But it apparently has a lot of replay value also.

So if you're looking for something that you can just keep replaying for a long time, I'd say either Tekken or Bit Trip. But if you'd be happy with some short but seriously good old-school action, you can't go wrong with the MegaMan games.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#5random_man9119(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:35:48 PM
Hmm... I guess I can skip out on Megaman for now... Since I could buy those later...

Now it's down to Tekken and Bit.Trip... Which according to you guys... Both have longevity to them...
---
#6Companion_Cube_Posted 7/8/2013 7:41:17 PM
DH2007 posted...
I'm quite partial to the Megman series, I'd go for the 3 games since that's more games and a whole lot of levels, with some of the best classic nes music ever.

This. MM9, MMX, and the first three MM games are my three favorite MM games.

Go with Mega Man
#7PsienceWinsPosted 7/8/2013 7:41:47 PM
Bit.Trip has a ton of content. There are 100 levels and 3 difficulties and you are expected to beat all levels on each difficulty to 100% the game.

However... I wouldn't call it a rhythm game. I don't feel "rhythm" when I'm playing it. Not like DDR or Guitar Hero at least.

Tekken is my favorite fighting game, and Tekken Tag 2 has a TON of content on it, but you'll really need a friend or two who also likes fighting games to get the full experience. The online is good, but once you reach a certain point you'll feel like you're losing repeatedly.

That being said... I'd go with Tekken. Bit.Trip is good, but I can only play for an hour or so before my eyes hurt from the scrolling.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#8Companion_Cube_Posted 7/8/2013 7:44:03 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
The Megaman games are serious classics, but they don't have a lot of replay value. Once you finish one, there's no reason to play it anymore. They're still really good, though.

Lies. The Mega Man games have a lot of replayability due to the flexible boss orders, upgrades, and the immense sense of skill progression as you play
#9jillwarrenPosted 7/8/2013 7:45:11 PM
Tekken Tag plays extremely well, and much like MvsC 3 offer a lot of variety in team making. I think the bit trip stuff is a bit overated, so I would go with Tekken. I believe the fightsticks that worked on the Wii can be used here as well.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#10random_man9119(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:48:49 PM
So big thank you to all of you... Your advice was all really helpful... But I decided to go for Tekken because it was limited time (1 left for only $16) and because my dad used to be a big fan of Tekken so it's something we can play together

That and it'll be my birthday on Sunday and my payday on Thursday so I should have more than enough money to grab Megaman (Maybe even all 5) and Bit.Trip by sometime next week

Thanks again everybody!
---