Are you tired of Nintendos multiplayer games having no online functionality?

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 7/8/2013 11:30:48 PM
Well are you? - Results (361 votes)
Yes, and I'm tired of their constant excuses as to why these games lack online options.
62.88% (227 votes)
No, local multiplayer is the only option everyone needs.
37.12% (134 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm curious, and feel free to explain your reasoning.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2distr0iaPosted 7/8/2013 11:35:54 PM
I'm tired of people asking for it
#3PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 11:36:55 PM
distr0ia posted...
I'm tired of people asking for it

Ironically, I'm tired of people not asking for it :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4METALINGUS5150Posted 7/8/2013 11:38:03 PM
Online functionality should be there for people who want it as an OPTION , and it's not a small minority, there is a large group of people who want it.
#5Golden MavenPosted 7/8/2013 11:38:37 PM
I don't mind, saves me money by not buying their archaic games.
#6poo111111111111Posted 7/8/2013 11:38:41 PM
Where is the option for I would like it but it's not that important because I have real friends to play it with?
#7VanderZooPosted 7/8/2013 11:40:39 PM
YES! It actually really frustrates me. The new Mario game is a 4 player co-op, yet it has no online... Why? And for the idiots that say "ohh, it's better offline anyway", yeah dumb excuse. If you don't like or want to play online with friends for some strange reason, then DON'T DO IT! But don't try and force or act like it's a good thing that we don't even get the option to do it.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#8GloryChaosPosted 7/8/2013 11:43:16 PM
LIVING. ROOM. FEEL.

I've been asking about this since the original Wii and I usually find something to complain about when a multiplayer game doesn't have an online mode. The first game that the lack of an online multiplayer mode has really bothered me in would have to be Super Mario 3D World. After playing the demo, I'm sure that this game would work fine online. So hearing that it won't have an online mode at all is kind of irritating, since I use online multiplayer to play with my friends who may not be able to come over at the time or live kind of far away.

You know how Vita owners felt when the Modnation Racers sequel had no online mode? I felt the same way about Nintendo Land at first. But aside from Metroid Blast, I don't think the games work online at all. Other first party Nintendo games? Sure. Whether or not I'd actually play NSMBU with people I don't know is a different story though...I don't even like the local multi in that game.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#9STN79Posted 7/8/2013 11:49:16 PM(edited)
No i prefer playing with friends you can actually sit with in the same room. I was doing it that way long before most of you whiners were born. You know back when online gaming wasn't something people just couldn't live without. When they had real friends. Back then you'd all growd around the TV and laugh and joke around with eachother.

Albert Einstein said it best.

"I Fear the Day That Technology Will Surpass Our Human Interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots."
#10kdognumba1Posted 7/8/2013 11:46:01 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Online functionality should be there for people who want it as an OPTION , and it's not a small minority, there is a large group of people who want it.

I'll take it a step further, unless the game is a MMO on a dedicated server somewhere, if a game offers multiplayer, it should have BOTH offline and online.

Yall have no idea how many times in this past/closing gen I played games and wanted one or the other. Castlevania HoD for instance didn't offer local multiplayer, which greatly frustrated me as it was one game I really wanted to play with friends on my couch. Same goes with Nintendo games in vice versa, many times I want to play those games with friends who have moved and/or been deployed yet I can't due to a lack of interest in adding online.

These are the only culprits for the lack of both multiplayer options, this describes about 90% of the multiplayer games of this closing gen across all 3 home consoles. All the companies need to get their acts together. If I could play games offline and online on Sega Dreamcast, how much more should I be able to do that on games that have come out 13 years down the road?
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1