Are you tired of Nintendos multiplayer games having no online functionality?

#31KingTurtPosted 7/8/2013 11:20:54 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
KingTurt posted...
I just made a long post about this on a different thread so i'll try and make it close to that without just straight up copying and pasting it.

If there's anything Nintendo is out of touch with right now, it's their online system on WiiU.

Nintendo has no excuse for online imo since there is such a thing as BOTH online and co-op in one game, so they can't say that they only want people to be in the same room. When games like Nintendo Land and SuperMario3DWorld are basically perfect for online, and they DON'T have it, that's a serious problem. Especially when most of these next-gen games are focusing heavily on online gameplay such as The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Division.

What Nintendo needs to do is get Nintendo Network up to PSN and Xbox Live standards. They're already making it better as we speak with small updates here and there, but we need something massive. It's understandable that this is their first online network, but it just feels bland and is missing a lot of features compared to PSN and Xbox Live. Such as an achievement-type system, cross-game chat, etc. They just need to fix it, and where is the new summer update that should be arriving any time now.

The CPU in WiiU for Pikmin 3 not having online multiplayer is just a bad excuse imo on how Nintendo might not be prepared for online in their games, such as they weren't for HD development, leading to most games being delayed.

tl;dr: Nintendo needs to work on their online network more imo.

Lol read your post earlier and still agree. I think Nintendo makes amazingly fun games. Unfortunately, I think thats practically the ONLY thing they seem to do right.

After awhile, it just becomes frustrating to see Nintendo constantly babble on excuses as to why they are essentially lackluster at every other aspect of their products aside from the gameplay itself.

I love the games though, and thats why Im still here... waiting lol

Lol, I don't even own a WiiU, and I never even owned a Wii for that matter. But it makes me mad seeing Nintendo using dumb excuses and not taking the the opportunities they have. One thing we can say they were prepared for I guess with next-gen was tablet intergration, since a lot of E3 games had tablet gameplay. But now it's their online system that is essentially holding games like this back on the Wii U, since like I said, a lot of next-gen games are heavily-online focused.

I'll give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt, SM3DW is launching in December so maybe they will put in online, but if they don't then they've killed an opportunity like I said and are essentially showing how behind they are in online in the 8th gen. Like I said though, they are making Miiverse and Nintendo Network better in some ways, so let's wait and see how it turns out. Hopefully they'll bring it to PSN and Xbox Live standards at the least.
---
http://www. change.org/petitions /square-enix-bring- kingdom-hearts-3-to-the-wiiu-alongside -the-ps4-and- xbox-one-3 [Remove any Spaces]
#32FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/8/2013 11:21:47 PM
Badreview posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Badreview posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
where is the option for not every game that has multiplayer needs online?

It's a 2 player co-op game.

This is one game that needed multiplayer.

If SSB doesn't have Multiplayer are you still going to say? Oh, it doesn't need online?

Nintendo fans, get with the program.

way to stereotype there my friend maybe ask a question before calling out people. On the subject of smash bros that is the type of game that in this day and age needs online same with mario kart if neither of those games didnt have online you would here me complaining constantly about it lol.

It's not stereotyping, it's a fact. If Miyamoto used the same excuse would you be okay with it?

The fact is, if games like Mario Kart and SSMB are going to be online why not a 2-player Co-Op game?

I mean Come on? This is just one more thing that shows how out of touch Nintendo is with gamers.

you stereo typed Nintendo fans not every nintendo fan thinks the same way.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#33BadreviewPosted 7/8/2013 11:23:38 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Badreview posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Badreview posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
where is the option for not every game that has multiplayer needs online?

It's a 2 player co-op game.

This is one game that needed multiplayer.

If SSB doesn't have Multiplayer are you still going to say? Oh, it doesn't need online?

Nintendo fans, get with the program.

way to stereotype there my friend maybe ask a question before calling out people. On the subject of smash bros that is the type of game that in this day and age needs online same with mario kart if neither of those games didnt have online you would here me complaining constantly about it lol.

It's not stereotyping, it's a fact. If Miyamoto used the same excuse would you be okay with it?

The fact is, if games like Mario Kart and SSMB are going to be online why not a 2-player Co-Op game?

I mean Come on? This is just one more thing that shows how out of touch Nintendo is with gamers.

you stereo typed Nintendo fans not every nintendo fan thinks the same way.

Yet the majority of Nintendo fans seem to be putting up with the same Nintendo lies.
#34FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/8/2013 11:25:40 PM
maybe they honestly just dont care about online. I actually know alot of gamers IRL that are single player only gamers and funny enough most of them aren't nintendo players.
---
#35PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 11:26:02 PM
STN79 posted...
I'm 34 and no i don't have as many friends coming around to play videogames anymore.
I usually prefer going solo anyway these days. Even as a kid multiplayer was really only good for fighters or racing games. Platformers just got more frustrating since you had to find equally skilled players or you're not gonna get very far. Most of the times that i've played online it had to be with random strangers and that's no fun anyway. They always go out of their way to cheat or are way better than your average player. You kiddies wanna have your online that's fine by me but i feel bad for those who can't function without it. Must be rough being so dependant on it.

Please stop with "kiddy" stuff . No one here insulted you, so theres no need for all that.

Honestly, I spend most of my time offline in single player games. But I'm watching Nintendos E3 direct at the time, seeing some great coop games in there. As I'm chatting with some out-of-state buds who are watching the same direct, immediately the thought came into everyones mind "Hey, maybe we can actually play these games together for a change!!!"

But nope. Local only. Yet again. For the billionth time.

And then you read interviews with Nintendo folk online, stating why the games in question aren't online... And its practically the same excuse. Every. Single. Time. For every single game, regardless of what type of game it actually is.

If I had the option to play locally with these long time friends, I would love to. But thats unfortunately not an option. Some other means of playing with friends of this kind would be much appreciated. Not just by me, but many, many others as well.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#36PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 11:27:10 PM
sonic777 posted...
Can you imagine what kind of advances we'd never have if people used the excuse Nintendo keeps using? "We want people to play the game together in the same room!"

"We want people to have that connection with each other that they only get by opening a physical letter from their friends. Telephone? Who needs it?"

"We want people to have to switch CD's around with them whenever they want to hear a different style of music or band. mp3 format? Who needs it?"

"We want people to experience the thrill our ancestors had hunting wooly mammoths together. Grocery stores? Who needs them!"

Hahaha this made me lol so hard XD
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#37BadreviewPosted 7/8/2013 11:28:24 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
maybe they honestly just dont care about online. I actually know alot of gamers IRL that are single player only gamers and funny enough most of them aren't nintendo players.

Than they never played a good online co-op game.

Pikmin would work great online.
#38FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/8/2013 11:31:01 PM
sonic777 posted...
Can you imagine what kind of advances we'd never have if people used the excuse Nintendo keeps using? "We want people to play the game together in the same room!"

"We want people to have that connection with each other that they only get by opening a physical letter from their friends. Telephone? Who needs it?"

"We want people to have to switch CD's around with them whenever they want to hear a different style of music or band. mp3 format? Who needs it?"

"We want people to experience the thrill our ancestors had hunting wooly mammoths together. Grocery stores? Who needs them!"

to be fair being able to say you hunted and slayed a wooly mammoth is pretty bad ass lol.
---
#39PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 11:32:31 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
sonic777 posted...

to be fair being able to say you hunted and slayed a wooly mammoth is pretty bad ass lol.

This... is true too actually lol
---
#40VanderZooPosted 7/8/2013 11:32:52 PM
ashcrv posted...
VanderZoo posted...
ashcrv posted...
Nope. Online is just an optional thing and it's not really that important when you have people that can come over and play with you. And yes I'm all grown up and have a job and other people my age still find the time to come over and play with me. So like it doesn't matter how old you are at all. Besides I have a terrible internet connection anyway so yeah.

With all due respect no one cares about your situation. There's millions of us who GASP, want to play with our friends but don't want to drive over to their house just to play a game. That's what online is for, you know this revolutionary idea that you can play (and chat, if Nintendo got their act together on that as well) with your friends, or even non friends (and GASP, maybe make new friends?) via online.

I know, brave scary new world, but one day if you or Nintendo ever tries it you might actually like it.

I've tried it. I hated it. No thanks. Bye.

You hate playing with your friends? Ok then you're just weird or you have a really bad internet connection, either way, your problem, the rest of us don't care and your bad experience shouldn't dictate what we can do.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"