Are you tired of Nintendos multiplayer games having no online functionality?

#81enterthemadroxPosted 7/9/2013 2:03:33 PM
I voted "No" because honestly, I don't see the need in going online with every multiplayer game.

Fighting games, sure, have it even if I won't use it because of trolls online ruining the fun for proper gamers.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#82R_HunterPosted 7/9/2013 2:23:23 PM
squatch22 posted...
NovaeGamer posted...
To be honest, I'm much more tired of people constantly demanding online multiplayer in EVERY game.

---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#83Numbuh100Posted 7/9/2013 2:29:29 PM
Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros will have online. Problem?
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#84Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/9/2013 2:32:37 PM
Yes. I cut Nintendo a lot of slack, but there is really no excuse in this day and age.

It's not a "big deal" to me personally, I mostly play Nintendo with my family or by myself, but I would like the option.
There are games that I probably would play online, given the chance, SSBU for starters.
---
What is red, blue yellow, purple, white, pink, rock, and can fly?
#85imameliaPosted 7/9/2013 3:06:07 PM(edited)
I don't care. I don't play online anyway. Though given that other people might want to, having it would be better than not.
#86Tsutarja495Posted 7/9/2013 3:09:32 PM
Nope. I never use online even when it exists like in Mario Kart and Smash Bros, I use local multiplayer only. Additionally, Nintendo saves money by not having to maintain an online.
#87LordBowserPosted 7/9/2013 3:09:49 PM
In this case, I don't agree with Nintendo's choices. Yes, I am tired of it. Yes, I think their excuses are petty, and they are excuses.

It's not a deal breaker, but it's pretty d*** annoying none the less.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#88jrb363Posted 7/9/2013 3:38:55 PM
I can understand Mario or Zelda not having an online component. (Although facing down a friend in a one-on-one battle to the death would be amazingly fun!)

Anyway, I really don't see how Nintendo can avoid the subject any longer. For the majority of their titles there's just no excuse at this point. **** it, the Dreamcast had online connectivity as far back as 2000! Alien Front Online had in-game voice chat in 2001, that's over 12 YEARS ago Nintendo! Meanwhile Skies of Arcadia (Fall 2000) and Phantasy Star Online (Spring 2001) both had downloadable content and these are 12 and 13 years old respectively.

I mean seriously...I was fine reading the topic. But after doing some research and really thinking about it I'm pretty ticked off at how Nintendo continues to ignore the elephant in the room. >:(

Oh yeah, and the Sega Genesis had the Sega Channel back in the 1990's with downloadable games and online competition. By that margin Nintendo is now almost TWENTY YEARS behind Sega.

Yet Sega is reduced to a minor third party developer and Nintendo lives on despite their poor decisions. :(

I love Nintendo and have been gaming since 1989, but I tell you...they need to adapt before they 'pull a Sega'.

/end sad rant
---
I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform... is really the gaming audience. - Kaz Hirai
#89lp913Posted 7/9/2013 3:46:12 PM
Numbuh100 posted...

Exactly, they're only basing this complaint around a feature in LittleBigPlanet....figures.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#90PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 4:04:18 PM
lp913 posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

Exactly, they're only basing this complaint around a feature in LittleBigPlanet....figures.

To be fair, thats a whole whopping 2 games that aren't even being released this year :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.