I am STUNNED how pikmin 3, Nintendoland or any new Mario U game is NOT online

#1mammalcrossingPosted 7/8/2013 11:46:55 PM
Creators use excuses like "better the players in the same room on these games"

Why? Headphones, sky, facebook chat works perfectly well. I love my Wii U, though, Nintendo is waaaaay behind the times with their online and the way they are thinking. Their social media connectivity is out of whack.
---
Please add me for Animal Xing 3DS! 10,000 vs 5 angry boys!
FC 3780-9072-4015 My dream address is 5600-2151-9833
#2KingTurtPosted 7/8/2013 11:49:58 PM
I agree. If there's anything Nintendo is behind on right now it's their online system.

I understand if they don't want online multiplayer and prefer co-op because they want people to be in the same room, but they CAN do BOTH online and co-op in the same game. Nintendo is obviously making the Miiverse and Nintendo Network better, so hopefully they'll work something out. Seriously though, Nintendo Land and SuperMario3DWorld seem perfect for multiplayer and i'm shocked Nintendo didn't add it. They just need to get Nintendo Network up to PSN and Xbox Live standards.
---
http://www. change.org/petitions /square-enix-bring- kingdom-hearts-3-to-the-wiiu-alongside -the-ps4-and- xbox-one-3 [Remove any Spaces]
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/8/2013 11:50:40 PM
Culture is a big part.

Also, they have a much broader perspective.
I mean, for US it makes sense, We'd use it no doubt. But how much use will these features account for overall?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4mammalcrossing(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 12:01:05 AM
Yes, it's silly. Just do them both. And, LITTLE BIG PLANET has proven that online platforming multiplayer is fan as hell!

The things they can do with Mario online: cooperative play to open a door, fight off a huge boss, so many things.

Simply do not get what Nintendo is thinking here. I though after the Wii, Nintendo would kick butt with online. I own a Wii U. Have a love/hate relationship with it. Nintendoland is so damn good, so under appreciated, too bad it doesn't have online to take it to new heights!

I still would like to see Nintendoland 3ds. Where both the 3ds and the Wii U work together as one, like Monster Hunter. I think this sort of dynamic can raise the bar and recognition with Wii U.

That being said, cant WAIT for Pikmin 3! Wil be there opening day!
---
Please add me for Animal Xing 3DS! 10,000 vs 5 angry boys!
FC 3780-9072-4015 My dream address is 5600-2151-9833
#5KingTurtPosted 7/9/2013 12:06:15 AM
mammalcrossing posted...
Yes, it's silly. Just do them both. And, LITTLE BIG PLANET has proven that online platforming multiplayer is fan as hell!

The things they can do with Mario online: cooperative play to open a door, fight off a huge boss, so many things.

Simply do not get what Nintendo is thinking here. I though after the Wii, Nintendo would kick butt with online. I own a Wii U. Have a love/hate relationship with it. Nintendoland is so damn good, so under appreciated, too bad it doesn't have online to take it to new heights!

I still would like to see Nintendoland 3ds. Where both the 3ds and the Wii U work together as one, like Monster Hunter. I think this sort of dynamic can raise the bar and recognition with Wii U.

That being said, cant WAIT for Pikmin 3! Wil be there opening day!

LittleBigPlanet is one of my favorite franchises of all time. Can't wait for LittleBigPlanet 3 on PS4.

Also it's funny how games on the 3DS have both co-op and online such as Luigi's Mansion 2, yet with the WiiU, which I would assume has a better online network, doesn't have any so far. Like I said, Nintendo just needs to get it up to PSN and Xbox Live standards. Especially with most next-gen games being so heavily focused on online play such as The Crew and The Division. I agree, with the Wii I would have expected Nintendo to knock it out of the park with their online network, especially with them getting help on it from developers before launch. (You can look up some articles, i'm too lazy, but they did get help).
---
http://www. change.org/petitions /square-enix-bring- kingdom-hearts-3-to-the-wiiu-alongside -the-ps4-and- xbox-one-3 [Remove any Spaces]
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 7/9/2013 12:08:58 AM
As much as it bothers me that Nintendo doesn't seem to even want to offer the option for online play in titles, I find it particularly disturbing how so many of the system's customers are egocentric to the point that they don't even want the option for online to be present because they somehow perceive local multiplayer to be superior and online not worth it for anyone ever.
---
Sig under construction.
#7KingTurtPosted 7/9/2013 12:12:52 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
As much as it bothers me that Nintendo doesn't seem to even want to offer the option for online play in titles, I find it particularly disturbing how so many of the system's customers are egocentric to the point that they don't even want the option for online to be present because they somehow perceive local multiplayer to be superior and online not worth it for anyone ever.

This. I can't believe anyone honestly doesn't want online in Nintendo games. I mean, even if they wouldn't use the online, they should at least support it for the tons of people that would love and find it amazing and use it. Even just having the option should at least make them feel good, even if they won't use it. It's not like it's affecting their game if it has online, they just simply don't have to use it, but for the people who love online like I do then we can all enjoy it.
---
#8Baha05Posted 7/9/2013 12:22:01 AM(edited)
NovaLevossida posted...

I think it's more the fact that trying to shoehorn in the option might not be the best thing to do. With local MP you always have limitations. Online you aren't going to have those same limitations (Depending on game modes, design etc)

Online MP just doesn't sometimes. Fable III should be proof of that.

Edit: Hell when you think about it even giving the option is a losing situation because as soon as they start giving the options then people would complain at the lack luster online features.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#9BadreviewPosted 7/9/2013 12:22:06 AM
Baha05 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

I think it's more the fact that trying to shoehorn in the option might not be the best thing to do. With local MP you always have limitations. Online you aren't going to have those same limitations (Depending on game modes, design etc)

Online MP just doesn't sometimes. Fable III should be proof of that.

Shoehorn? Because games like Pikmin which are 2 player co-op games are going to be shoehorned?

Like what? 4 player minigames where people can easily join in on the fun to see who is better is supposedly Shoehorned in?

Valve provides quality games and also provided us with great 4 player mp Co-op games to great 2 player co-op games.

This just proves how lazy Nintendo is at everything.
#10sonicsonicPosted 7/9/2013 12:23:46 AM
The problem is... what is more fun local or online ? I understand that online is a nice feature, but needlessly throwing it in is not what Nintendo need to do to make good games.

I quite like the fact that they don't have online. It gives me the impression that Nintendo actually take a long look at what will suit the game.

Take The Last Of Us for example. Great game, one of my favourites and best of the year so far, but that online ? Not very good. It's forced and thrown in too appease the growing trend of all games need all features.

It's not like Nintendo don't try with online, I think it's just that they don't try very hard. Luigi's Mansion 2 has some exceptional online gameplay.