I am STUNNED how pikmin 3, Nintendoland or any new Mario U game is NOT online

#91DBPanterAPosted 7/9/2013 12:10:58 PM
king_madden posted...
its amazing how many people here feel their beloved nintendo is incapable of making a quality online mode in their games.

i mean correct me if im wrong but isnt a game with amazing offline gameplay and a decent or better online mode, better than that same exact game with no online like what gets taken away for your personal enjoyment if a mode is added that doesnt take anything away from the main game.

its like a lot of you feel that if a feature doesnt suit your personal needs then you dont think it should ever be added. forget all the people who it would attract or the people who want it. such selfish people some of these nintendo fans

The disappointment and frustration comes from the people who own a Wii U (there are not many) who want to play games (any at this point). Nintendo then shows us all these games with local co-op and an emphasis on multi-player. The people that bought the console (the die-hards and those with the disposable income) are not going to go over to their friend's house to play games on a Tuesday night after work.

It's really a double edged sword, similar to other entertainment products that have catered to families to increase sales, but neglect the die-hards with the disposable income to actually buy the software. I personally feel no reason to purchase a Nintendo published game this holiday season as I can play all those games, or something very similar, on my 3DS (I am in the disposable income group).
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#92BadreviewPosted 7/9/2013 12:19:00 PM
DBPanterA posted...
king_madden posted...
its amazing how many people here feel their beloved nintendo is incapable of making a quality online mode in their games.

i mean correct me if im wrong but isnt a game with amazing offline gameplay and a decent or better online mode, better than that same exact game with no online like what gets taken away for your personal enjoyment if a mode is added that doesnt take anything away from the main game.

its like a lot of you feel that if a feature doesnt suit your personal needs then you dont think it should ever be added. forget all the people who it would attract or the people who want it. such selfish people some of these nintendo fans

The disappointment and frustration comes from the people who own a Wii U (there are not many) who want to play games (any at this point). Nintendo then shows us all these games with local co-op and an emphasis on multi-player. The people that bought the console (the die-hards and those with the disposable income) are not going to go over to their friend's house to play games on a Tuesday night after work.

It's really a double edged sword, similar to other entertainment products that have catered to families to increase sales, but neglect the die-hards with the disposable income to actually buy the software. I personally feel no reason to purchase a Nintendo published game this holiday season as I can play all those games, or something very similar, on my 3DS (I am in the disposable income group).

Too True, I remember after E3 and the showing of WiiU!

People said
Nintendo showing there emphasis on social networking and online gaming. Promoting games like AC, COD that all support online.

Nothing.

And Nintendo show's how amazing there third party support is.
Again...

NOTHING.
#93ZeroArcheryPosted 7/9/2013 12:36:45 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
Again, if these games featured an online component and you didn't enjoy it, you would simply have the option to not play that particular mode. On the flipside of the coin, there is no option for the people that actually would enjoy it, and thats a huge oversight on Nintendos part imo.

But no hard feelings, and we can agree to disagree.

If no one enjoys it, why would they put in the money to have that feature? Why put up with the costs of it if no one will use it?

Don't be so short sighted.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#94enterthemadroxPosted 7/9/2013 12:41:03 PM
mammalcrossing posted...
Creators use excuses like "better the players in the same room on these games"

Why? Headphones, sky, facebook chat works perfectly well. I love my Wii U, though, Nintendo is waaaaay behind the times with their online and the way they are thinking. Their social media connectivity is out of whack.

But only Nintendoland seems like it would be perfect for online play.

Also, I've never liked online play myself and just don't see the need in going online to play.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#95starksthegamer2Posted 7/9/2013 12:48:21 PM
I purposely purchased Injustice on the Wii U to support the developers even though I knew they were screwing me with the DLC.

I really want to believe in Nintendo's philosophy but can't help but be upset when I can't play NL, MU, and LU online. For me personally, the days where my friends ride their bikes over to my place to play some Golden Eye and Mario Kart 64 till 1am are done.

Now we all work hours that only sync once in a full moon and when that full moon comes, we usually choose a location that is equal distance to everyone. (BWW)

Its not your problem or theirs but come on man, cut a gamer some slack!
---
Wii U! 360, Toshiba Satelite , DS
#96ShankspearePosted 7/9/2013 12:49:43 PM
AGAIN

People..........Nintendoland WAS online it had miiverse lol. Seriously the main point of Nintendoland was assymetrical gameplay. Why would you do online considering every system comes with the gamepad? This kind of circumvents the whole asymetrical aspect in general.
#97geneticsftwPosted 7/9/2013 12:52:00 PM
Always online, bad?
---
Sweet
#98IloveElitePosted 7/9/2013 12:55:15 PM
Badreview posted...
stekim40 posted...
Multiplayer is overrated and games DO suffer from being single player and online.
I agree with the other person that this social media frenzy is stupid and I try to avoid it, I don't use twitter and will never use faecesbook.

Pikmin 3 is going to be epic and all the better from not having online play.

This social media fad can go swivel, along with the babies/teens that are obsessed by it. :P

Nintendo Fanboys.

The Hipsters of the gaming world.

Nintendo fanboy? LOL You are surely taking the chuff

Try reading any of my posts where I'm slagging off my Wii U for having crap/no games and its simply collecting dust for month after month.

Just because I don't agree with your silly views doesn't make me a fanboy by any means, I've moaned about the Wii U as much as anyone and I still state that should Pikmin 3 but crap, my Wii U will be sold as thats the only damn game in the next year that I am actually wanting to buy from nintendo. I dislike mario games, I loathe SSB games.. nintendo fanboy? lol.. thats rich
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, The Secret World, Oolite
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, Pikmin 3, GTA V
#99king_maddenPosted 7/9/2013 2:38:24 PM
ZeroArchery posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
Again, if these games featured an online component and you didn't enjoy it, you would simply have the option to not play that particular mode. On the flipside of the coin, there is no option for the people that actually would enjoy it, and thats a huge oversight on Nintendos part imo.

But no hard feelings, and we can agree to disagree.

If no one enjoys it, why would they put in the money to have that feature? Why put up with the costs of it if no one will use it?

Don't be so short sighted.

you cant tell him to not be short sighted while you fail to even understand what he was saying. he never said no one enjoys it, he says if you in particular dont like it, then you dont have to play it, but just because you may not like having the option doesnt mean a lot of other people out there wouldnt love it.

there isnt a single feature that 100% of the people that play it love it in any game ever made. as for online i dont see how anyone here can be against it, unless it somehow makes the single player crappy and im not sure how u can even prove it, but in my opinion even a tacked on online is better than none. i dont touch online on 99% of the games ive played but i know there are a lot of people who enjoy it so i wouldnt say it shouldnt exist in games.
#100ZeroArcheryPosted 7/9/2013 2:44:25 PM
king_madden posted...
you cant tell him to not be short sighted while you fail to even understand what he was saying. he never said no one enjoys it, he says if you in particular dont like it, then you dont have to play it, but just because you may not like having the option doesnt mean a lot of other people out there wouldnt love it.

there isnt a single feature that 100% of the people that play it love it in any game ever made. as for online i dont see how anyone here can be against it, unless it somehow makes the single player crappy and im not sure how u can even prove it, but in my opinion even a tacked on online is better than none. i dont touch online on 99% of the games ive played but i know there are a lot of people who enjoy it so i wouldnt say it shouldnt exist in games.

I didn't fail to understand, he's pushing a point that doesn't exist.

He claimed all games should have the "option" of online play. I'm saying "Why should Nitnendo put online in a game if not many will play it?" It's a waste of money that Nintendo can't just throw out there like sony and M$ can, thanks to their online subscriptions, and other branches to bring in financial support.

Like I said, if you're hosting a party, and put in "features" that no one will participate in, or very few, was it worth the investment? Did it make others "happy" you included it? Probably won't even remember it, or if it wasn't to quality, they'll probably complain about it, and even get mad (Hence, Smash Bros. Brawl example).

If adding Online would take away resources, make development take longer, or make the game less fun with it, there is no reason we should put it in. It's just like those demanding a Pokemon MMO, without a clue about how they would do it. How would Balance work? How would Millions doing the same thing work? How could the Premise we know about work?

Why would Nintendo consider putting in the money and effort for online on games that are not built to have it? Could you imagine Lag in a precise platformer? They have online where it matters-- like Mario Kart (which is BUILT with it in mind) or Pokemon. Mario and Zelda don't need it, nor should have it unless there's something that enhances the experience.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua