So will there ever be a Tales games for Wii U?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So will there ever be a Tales games for Wii U?
2 years ago#1
I mean I just saw outside of Xillia, and Symphonia Chronicles HD, Xillia 2 now got a PS3 US release too.

And they've made 2 Tales games for Vita so it just has me wondering will we ever see a Tales game on the Wii U? or an actual new Tales game on the 3DS that's not a port?
2 years ago#2
Probably not, they said they want to stay strictly on Sony platforms.
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
2 years ago#3
Hideo Baba said they might consider making one for Wii U when the install base gets bigger. However, since it would no doubt be released as a beta with the actually complete version coming later on the PS4 (like Vesperia and Graces), I'm not too sure I'd want one. >_>
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
2 years ago#4
It's a Sony franchise at this point so probably not. For example:

3DS got one Tales of port
Vita has 2 Tales of ports already
2 years ago#5
FilthyLittleBoi posted...
It's a Sony franchise at this point so probably not. For example:

3DS got one Tales of port
Vita has 2 Tales of ports already

Well Yakuza was a Sony franchise basically as well but Sega is putting an HD collection of Yakuza 1 +2 on WiiU. Similar to the Tales HD ports.
---
http://www. change.org/petitions /square-enix-bring- kingdom-hearts-3-to-the-wiiu-alongside -the-ps4-and- xbox-one-3 [Remove any Spaces]
2 years ago#6
See status
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
2 years ago#7
Duck Tales is coming out soon. Look forward to that.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
2 years ago#8
GamerRaf posted...
Duck Tales is coming out soon. Look forward to that.

Well played.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
2 years ago#9
Looking back at the history of the series, and how certain titles have flip-flopped from one console to another, *coughcoughGracescoughcough*, and how Namco ported Symphonia to PS2, but it never saw the light of day outside of Japan, I'd say anything is possible. Either the HD Symphonia collection is ported to Wii U and launches in the US/EU, and based on how well it sells, go from there, or maybe offer it in the eshop, It wouldn't be as much of a drain on Namco as having to produce disks, and more profit is always a good thing.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
2 years ago#10
It's too early to tell. Namco seems to be having good relations with Nintendo lately. Although I'm still pissed that the Wii version of Graces never made it across seas...
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So will there ever be a Tales games for Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived