This console WILL be the death of Nintendo

#71Tsutarja495Posted 7/9/2013 2:43:32 PM
Nope, Nintendo is here to stay. Nothing could possibly run them out of business.
#72lanmannaPosted 7/11/2013 8:42:28 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
GEKGanon posted...
Nintendo survived the GameCube, which only sold 22 million units. The original XBox, hailed as an overall success, sold 24 million units. So if the Wii U manages to squeak out around 20 million, is it a failure like GameCube, or a success like XBox?

It would be a failure of course. You can't hold MS to the same standard as Nintendo! That would be ludicrous!

Well, the Xbox was a new system, whereas Nintendo had been around for a while. It was quite a shock for Nintendo to be dead last.
#73levelmaster2Posted 7/11/2013 9:16:51 AM
I consider this console and Gamecube Nintendo's greatest consoles ever, even better than Xbox.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#74trenkenPosted 7/11/2013 9:21:07 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
Even if they get out of the console business, I don't see them leaving handhelds.

Handhelds could end up getting muscled out entirely. Iwata has said I believe 3 times in the last 2 months that the mobile market was already effecting Nintendo's handheld market.

Less and less people are seeing the value of spending $200 just to play some games, when you can get a device that does far more than any Nintendo handheld that also plays games.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#75DrumguyPosted 7/11/2013 9:22:26 AM
MrL posted...
In my opinion Nintendo started to rapidly go downhill after the gamecube. They don't understand what gamers want, and they went overboard with the Wii on catering to a market that is niche ('family fun') and not substantial enough to provide a real long-term consumer base.

Unfortunately for Nintendo they have now made a 'next-gen' console which is incredibly weak when compared to even moderate PCs most people own today, let alone the Xbox One and PS4. They also are still obsessed with this very small market segment, when frankly mom and pa are already bored of video games from the Wii.

Goodnight Nintendo. And this is coming from somebody who absolutely loved their Nintendo 64 as a console.

lol ok. If you think those other consoles are going to do much better you need to lay off the drugs.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#76DrEaM_420Posted 7/11/2013 9:23:01 AM
Nobody knows what they are talking about, Nintendo makes profit, thats all that matters, the US isn't the only country in the world, and Nintendo is huge everywhere.
---
Dream on..
#77BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/11/2013 9:23:19 AM
trenken posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
Even if they get out of the console business, I don't see them leaving handhelds.

Handhelds could end up getting muscled out entirely. Iwata has said I believe 3 times in the last 2 months that the mobile market was already effecting Nintendo's handheld market.

Less and less people are seeing the value of spending $200 just to play some games, when you can get a device that does far more than any Nintendo handheld that also plays games.

Console gaming will die much faster than handheld gaming due to its ridiculously rising costs. It will manage to kill itself instead of risking being killed by competition like handheld gaming.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#78StarmanJuniorPosted 7/11/2013 9:27:26 AM
I really hate the gruff sense of entitlement today's gamer has. Why don't you move to a country where they don't have video games? Then you might actually appreciate what you have...that and your freedom to say stupid things.
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#79Prince ShondronaiPosted 7/11/2013 9:29:14 AM
Start prophecies of Nintendo's death when their bank account is down below the level it was before the Wii and DS launched.

Until then, just accept that their bank account will never be down below what it was before the Wii and DS launched.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#80Rasputin77Posted 7/11/2013 9:36:44 AM
Fusion916 posted...
Not the death of Nintendo, but it will be the death of their consoles.

HOME consoles... I believe they have it in them to pump out another decent handheld one. And if it performs like the 3DS, I might even buy two like I did with it. :)

Wow, how confused I must make some of you, lol... I support Nintendo with massive cash infusions, been playing their systems since 1987... but yet can openly accept their mistakes, and the misguided direction they might be heading in, agreeing with the criticism when it is due.

http://alturl.com/kbzyb

LordBowser posted...
Bloodychess posted...
Nintendo isn't going to die because you don't like the direction it's going in

/thread

Thread should have ended after this reply.

Why? Because the future-seers had to tell the non-future seer they were wrong? How dense ARE some of you!??

1. You know as much as TC does about Nintendo's future.
2. What reasons for their belief SHOULD they have posted? You can't very well pose an argument for a systems' death by listing the directions you LIKE it going in, can you?

Holy s***. I would pay real money to see some of you debate in real life. Online, you have time to sit, and mold, and think about your retort... and you come up with that!?

LOL, wow. Just... holy s***.

LordBowser posted...
Go back to Playstation 4 and its boards and stop whining about what Nintendo does, it suits you much better. (Both to whom I quoted and the TC.)

Internet message board territoriality. Cute, but screams misdirection in life.

drothegreat0ne posted...
You're cute in that you think people care.

Really? That's the best you could manage? Change your sig back to something about me, so I can report you again. I need something to do. ;)
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
"Label everyone into groups so the world is easier to understand" - Your parents.