Wii U Pro Controller to PC

#1TheAlmightyCowPosted 7/9/2013 1:14:14 PM
So, I just bought a Wii U Pro Controller, and it is SOOOOO awesome.

I really would like to find a program which lets you emulate it as an xbox controller and play some games with it. But all the programs I've found requires you to use a bluetooth adapter, and I do not have one. Just wondering if anyone here has a working program that doesn't require bluetooth, only that you plug in the controller via the USB cord.
---
PSN & Steam: Gehab
FC: 3866 - 8210 - 3222
#2MotiJrPosted 7/9/2013 1:18:23 PM
USB cord is for charging and does not transmit data. The only way is with a bluetooth adapter. Once you have that, you get the programme from gbatemp and then there is another thread on there with files that makes games recognise it as an xbox controller.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#3TheAlmightyCow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 1:19:58 PM
MotiJr posted...
USB cord is for charging and does not transmit data. The only way is with a bluetooth adapter. Once you have that, you get the programme from gbatemp and then there is another thread on there with files that makes games recognise it as an xbox controller.

Alright.. But how come I can use my PS3 controller via the USB cord?
---
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 7/9/2013 1:19:59 PM
None that I've seen so far. However, since it's just the Xbox controller with the face buttons below the stick instead of above it, why not just get a cheap wired 360 contoller and use that?
---
Sig under construction.
#5TheAlmightyCow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 1:22:26 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
None that I've seen so far. However, since it's just the Xbox controller with the face buttons below the stick instead of above it, why not just get a cheap wired 360 contoller and use that?

I don't need it, I already have a PS3 controller working with my PC. It's just that the Wii U controller is x9001 more comfortable.
---
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 7/9/2013 1:24:03 PM
TheAlmightyCow posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

I don't need it, I already have a PS3 controller working with my PC. It's just that the Wii U controller is x9001 more comfortable.

The Wii U controller and the 360 one are basically identical, so the 360 pad is the way to go if you don't want to use that PS3 controller.
---
Sig under construction.
#7TheAlmightyCow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 1:29:16 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
TheAlmightyCow posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

The Wii U controller and the 360 one are basically identical, so the 360 pad is the way to go if you don't want to use that PS3 controller.

Well, It's not like I can't live with the PS3 controller, cause I can. Just wanted to fix the Wii U controller as I have that one. It feels unnecessary, buying an Xbox controller when I have a PS3 controller working just fine. I just wanted the Wii U controller to work but I guess I'll get a Bluetooth adapter some day. :P
---
#8Go2ChurchPosted 7/9/2013 1:30:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they have a program for this actually.

It's only windows compatible though.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#9MotiJrPosted 7/9/2013 1:57:53 PM
PS3 cable probably allows data to be transferred as well as for charging. As for a bluetooth adapter, you can get them for like a dollar/pound/euro off the net. Not expensive and worth it because I agree that the Wii U pro controller is insanely comfortable. I have been unsuccessful getting it to work simply because I have a laptop with a built in usb adapter and when trying to install the toshiba bluetooth stack, I cannot install the drivers as it requires removal and plugging in of the adapter. There are fixes, but it involves a lot of file info changing and I can't be bothered lol
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#10MwulfPosted 7/9/2013 2:09:58 PM
Is it possible to use it as a PC controller -AND- still have it synced w/ a WiiU? I'm in the market for a wireless PC controller without a crappy signal (Logitech) or crappy D-pad (Microsoft).
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable