A lot of people seem to think nintendo fans don't buy 3rd party games.

#21enterthemadroxPosted 7/9/2013 1:49:32 PM
ramseanGoodbye posted...
plasticman13 posted...
The 15 WiiU owners on Gfaqs won't change the fact that WiiU owners don't buy 3rd party games.

true, there are probably only 15 people who'll post in this topic, but theres a bunch more who lurk, and maybe a couple of them will be convinced to give a 3rd party title a shot. No harm in trying is there.

Meh, he seems to be one of those users who trolls with stupid opinions claimed as unproven fact, might be best to ignore him.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#22NintendologicalPosted 7/9/2013 1:50:18 PM
Anecdotal evidence and informal/non-scientfiic sampling don't really make your case. The evidence of poor performance of third party titles is far more telling as it is based on collected sales data reports from multiple publishers. For instance Ubisoft's recent confession about the performance of ZombiU. SEGA just two years ago stated that they were no longer investing in core games on a Nintendo console because of the poor performance of releases such as The Conduit and Mad World. EA dismissed the Wii U entirely because of the disappointing performance of their four Wii U launch titles. Those reports echo louder than a few dozen posters making a list of their game collection.
---
Stelio! Stelio Kontos!
#23plasticman13Posted 7/9/2013 1:50:41 PM
GDoobah posted...
Source for the sales?

In Miiverse you can choose to see only posts from people who own/played whatever game. There are quite a few posts for some games.

How much is "quite a few"? Source?
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#24enterthemadroxPosted 7/9/2013 1:52:02 PM
plasticman13 posted...
enterthemadrox posted...
plasticman13 posted...
GDoobah posted...
The 15 WiiU owners on Gfaqs won't change the fact that WiiU owners don't buy 3rd party games.

The active Miiverse Communities of Wii U third party games show that Wii U owners buy third party.

Source for the sales?

I assume the source is gonna be the active Miiverse Communities. Although you probably still wouldn't accept that because unless IGN or Angry Joe say that the Wii U is a good console played by a lot of people, you won't believe that, right?

I need numbers, from a reliable source.

So actually going onto the Miiverse Communities and seeing the numbers isn't reliable?

It's pretty first-hand dude.

That's like saying "yeah, I won't believe these official arena attendance records for this show despite having the number of ticket stubs taken from paying customers as they walked through the entrance to get into the building, I'll just wait until a website makes up a number that fits in with my own personal views, no matter how ridiculous".
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#25SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/9/2013 1:53:55 PM
KingTurt posted...
Any game that is coming out in the next few months that is third party. None of them are late ports, with the exception of Deus Ex, but that's a director's cut, and they're all new games and are releasing on the same day on WiiU as other consoles. There is no excuse this time for these games not to sell good, especially since developers like Ubisoft are paying close attention to the WiiU sales this time, so we NEED to make sure these third party games sell good so we can get more third party support.

Except Deus Ex directors cut will be $30 on the PS3 where wii u its $50 (according to amazon)

So the PS3 will severely cut into the Wii U's version for the people that own both systems.
#26plasticman13Posted 7/9/2013 1:54:53 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
So actually going onto the Miiverse Communities and seeing the numbers isn't reliable?

It's pretty first-hand dude.

That's like saying "yeah, I won't believe these official arena attendance records for this show despite having the number of ticket stubs taken from paying customers as they walked through the entrance to get into the building, I'll just wait until a website makes up a number that fits in with my own personal views, no matter how ridiculous".

How hard is it for you to link me a website that shows numbers that support his claim that 3rd party games sell on the WiiU? As for your analogy, I can look up the attendance of people in arena by looking at ticket sales, which is the same thing that I'm asking for here.

If there is no source, give me a screenshot of the numbers from Miiverse.
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#27ramseanGoodbye(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 2:01:44 PM
Err could you people get back on topic, plasticman maybe you could name some 3rd party wii u titles that you've enjoyed.
#28MwulfPosted 7/9/2013 2:05:26 PM
People think Nintendo fans don't buy a lot of third party games because, in general, Nintendo console owners do not buy a lot of third party games. Look at the data:

Nintendo 3DS
The best-selling third-party games are Monster Hunter Tri (2 million) and Dragon Quest VII (1.2 million).
The best-selling first-party games are Super Mario 3D Land (8.5 million) and Mario Kart 7 (8 million).
Of the 10 best-selling games, 8 are first-party.
Of the 20 best-selling games, 14 are first-party.

Nintendo WiiU
The best-selling third-party games are ZombiU (0.5 million) and Monster Hunter Tri (0.4 million).
The best-selling first-party games are Nintendo Land (2.1 million) and New Super Mario Bros. U (1.9 million).
Of the 10 best-selling games, 2 are first-party.
Of the 20 best-selling games, 5 are first-party.

Nintendo DS
The best-selling third-party games are Cooking Mama (5.5 million) and LEGO Star Wars (4.5 million).
The best-selling first-party games are New Super Mario Bros. (29 million) and Nintendogs (24.5 million)
Of the 10 best-selling games, 10 are first-party.
Of the 20 best-selling games, 19 are first-party.

Nintendo Wii
The best-selling third-party games are Just Dance 3 (10 million) and Just Dance 2 (9.5 million).
The best-selling first-party games are Wii Sports (82 million) and Mario Kart Wii (34 million).
Of the 10 best-selling games, 10 are first-party.
Of the 20 best-selling games, 15 are first-party.

Some pretty interesting numbers, actually. In general, Nintendo titles absolutely dominate Nintendo platforms, to the point where third parties can barely compete. But things are a bit different with the WiiU--we see much more competitive third party offerings--but that is most likely due to the console being too young to really judge (we're in month 8, right?) and Nintendo not really having any real games for it yet.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#29NovaLevossidaPosted 7/9/2013 2:13:01 PM
Mwulf posted...
Some pretty interesting numbers, actually. In general, Nintendo titles absolutely dominate Nintendo platforms, to the point where third parties can barely compete. But things are a bit different with the WiiU--we see much more competitive third party offerings--but that is most likely due to the console being too young to really judge (we're in month 8, right?) and Nintendo not really having any real games for it yet.

That's more or less it. There's not enough first party titles out yet, but I don't expect third parties to overtake the first party offerings at all.
---
Sig under construction.
#30geneticsftwPosted 7/9/2013 2:16:32 PM
ramseanGoodbye posted...
plasticman13 posted...

true, there are probably only 15 people who'll post in this topic, but theres a bunch more who lurk, and maybe a couple of them will be convinced to give a 3rd party title a shot. No harm in trying is there.

And out of the 15, how many own and aren't trolls?
---
Sweet