Frys selling ZombiU for $20 in store

#11MwulfPosted 7/9/2013 2:15:15 PM
When you think of a zombie game, what pops into your mind? Survival? Horror? That's not what the reviewers reviewed it as, and that's why they gave it poor ratings. They were expecting a modern Resident Evil game rather than retro Resident Evil, which by many accounts is better than the modern.

First thing that pops into my mind is "Terrible, terrible game."

The second thing that pops into my mind is "Incompetent, incompetent AI."
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#12GriffPosted 7/9/2013 2:20:25 PM
This is not a run and gun pick up and jump in zombie game.
It's an intense game with great atmosphere and story, and it does take a good chunk of time
to get it going. You're constantly outnumbered, always trying to get by on stealth and consistently scavenging for parts and ammo.
When you're crawling through a duct or going through an abandon building, there is always the constant fear of something around the corner.
If you die, that's it. You start off as a new randomly generated character, want your stuff back, go hunt down your now zombified body, kill it and grab your old inventory.
It's a very well thought out game, with elements of rogue.
The last time I had this much fun with a game was probably back when I played the original Resident Evil on the ps1, so this game feels very fresh and at the same time disturbing.
It's so much better then the so called "action horror" games they've been shoveling out.
I really think the reviewers were jaded and gave it very little time.
If you're a fan of the genre, you really owe it to yourself to try it, especially at that paltry price.