I need help deciding on these two titles...

#1StephenYap3Posted 7/9/2013 7:28:57 PM
Which one of these should I buy (first)? - Results (63 votes)
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
68.25% (43 votes)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Wii U Edition
31.75% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've been thinking about getting one of these two titles for my Wii U. I am aware that these titles are multi-platform, but I do not own a PS3 or a 360 (Just a PS2, Wii, and Wii U home consoles). Just so I'm not asking anybody like a mindless imbecile or making this topic look like a void, I am going to write down a paragraph on why I am interested in each of these two games.

Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
I've heard about this game receiving huge a** acclaim on the PS3 and 360 (though not as much on the Wii U), but since it's arrived on Wii U, I thought to myself "Since it came to Wii U, why don't I give it a try?" From what I heard about this game, there were mild framerate issues and the B.A.T. system slightly breaking the game, but I could care less. The game looks fun and I just want to have fun, especially when it includes the previously-released DLC. Oh, and I saw this at Walmart for $29.96 at a Rollback price.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Wii U Edition
I haven't played a Tekken game since Tekken 3 on PSX and although I am aware that this is different from T3, I just wanted to buy it not only to remember those times of playing Tekken with my father, but I've also been intrigued by the exclusive content in it. The Nintendo costumes, Tekken Ball, and the Mushroom Battle are what caught my eye.

These are all the reasons I have for why I am interested in these two games. I can only buy one of them, but if by any chance the other one receives as much recommendation by other people here on GameFaqs, I might get that one too at a later date.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#2lp913Posted 7/9/2013 7:31:01 PM
IF there can only be one: Batman because the next game in the franchise is coming this October (Arkham Origins), still plenty of time to get Tekken in the future.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#3AsuirPosted 7/9/2013 7:31:28 PM
Batman for sure.
---
Ftw!
#4manmousePosted 7/9/2013 8:05:31 PM
maybe it's just my fondness for the franchise from growing up with a PS1, but Tekken all the way.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#5StephenYap3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 9:23:11 AM
Wow, Batman is owning the night :) I can't wait to see Beware the Batman :)
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#6Falling DownPosted 7/10/2013 10:20:17 AM(edited)
Batman...how is this a question? Ever read the meme that says

"Always be yourself, unless you can be batman, be batman!"
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#7StephenYap3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 12:25:18 PM(edited)
Falling Down posted...
Batman...how is this a question? Ever read the meme that says

"Always be yourself, unless you can be batman, be batman!"

No, I haven't read that meme, but I do remember making up this...er, thing: Those shall love Batman
---
#8StephenYap3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 7:05:15 PM
29 - 11

And Batman is leading!
---
#9PUNCHOUT1116Posted 7/10/2013 7:16:55 PM
Honestly, go with Batman. Its a great game.

As for Tekken... I've found that Tekken really hasn't aged well as a fighter. It was great in the Playstation days, but it's just way to stiff to be enjoyable in this day and age imo...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#10DBPanterAPosted 7/10/2013 7:39:30 PM
Batman. Can't wait to buy Arkham Origins in October.

I bought Batman for Wii U on sale. 100% the game. Took somewhere between 45-60 hours. Some of the Riddler trophy challenges were hard as heck (one took me about 2 hours to get via try/fail/try again).

I personally did not experience any of the frame rate issues, and the game played fine for me.

The only issue you need to be aware of is some of the earlier discs contain a glitch in the Harley Quinn DLC. So, before you try the Harley Quinn DLC, make sure you can 100% it in one play through. The discs of the game released later supposedly fix this issue.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036