Why haven't I seen a "rerelease Bayonetta on Wii U" petition yet?

#1-NotoriousLynxPosted 7/9/2013 7:58:38 PM
I'll admit now, I've been pretty critical of petitions, especially the ones on the Wii U board. I think a lot of the ones that are suggested are just wishful thinking and very nonsensical, like an HD rerelease of the Xenosaga trilogy, especially considering some of the people signing the petition think that its Monolith they need to ask. The reason why petitions created by the PC beggar race work is because publishers state that if there's enough demand for those titles from the PC crowd, they'd release the games on PC (see: Dark Souls, very likely Division).

I'm sure Bayonetta 2 will sell a decent amount, but does Nintendo really think Bayonetta 2 is going to be very much successful if a good number of their fanbase has probably never played the first one? Most people actually own one console. I'm guessing quite a number of you only had a Wii and a DS last gen, so why should you guys be excited for Bayonetta 2? Yes, its going to be good as a standalone product, but you'd be more interested in it if you've actually played the predecessor. The game will make more sense as well (not like it makes a lot of sense).

I already own Bayonetta for the X360, but I would still like to see a petition for a rerelease on the Wii U eShop to hopefully ensure even more sales for Bayonetta 2 and if new stuff was added, I'd definitely repurchase it.
#21shadetail1Posted 7/9/2013 8:03:01 PM
I have a PS3, so I played the first.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3R_HunterPosted 7/9/2013 8:03:04 PM
I doubt it'd happen.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#4BosSBaerPosted 7/9/2013 8:06:18 PM
I have never played it. I probably would too if they did the frame rate problem fix (ps3 owner).
---
PSN & NNID - BaerPwNz
#5-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 8:07:47 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
I have a PS3, so I played the first.

I heard the PS3 version is awful because it was some different studio that translated it.
#6G1ingyPosted 7/9/2013 8:09:20 PM
Most people own two consoles, of the two, one will almost always be a Nintendo console.

Most people who would want to play Bayonetta played it already.
#7-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 7:02:39 PM
bump
#8ElectricMolePosted 7/11/2013 7:05:12 PM
Nintendo locked in the rights to Bayo2 for the sole reason of snagging in the ps360 crowd to buy a Wii U. Everyone interested has already played the first one.

This sequel isnt made to bring in new fans. Bayonetta isnt that kind of game that has mass appeal to the general public.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188