Adam Sessler:Ninty Should Fire People

#1ChipChippersonPosted 7/10/2013 1:00:28 AM
Rich from Reviewtech's take and as much as I've come to enjoy Nintendo and the U, I can't disagree with his position. Nintendo's humility and old fashioned ways aren't cute anymore, sorry. They need young blood in there to get some **** done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtttKuSaaIg
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#2diggyfreshPosted 7/10/2013 1:02:30 AM
We'll see. These guys have made the Wii a success, and the 3DS a success. It's too early to count them out.
---
Currently Playing: LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER
Progress: 10%
#3_Taidow_Posted 7/10/2013 1:03:45 AM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/5/4496512/why-nintendos-satoru-iwata-refuses-to-lay-off-staff
---
"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves." -C.S. Lewis
#4DeathSnipe777Posted 7/10/2013 1:06:01 AM(edited)
>CEO refuses to fire his own workers, gives executives paycuts and forgoes bonuses instead
>people complain about it

?
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#5PUNCHOUT1116Posted 7/10/2013 1:14:47 AM
diggyfresh posted...
We'll see. These guys have made the Wii a success, and the 3DS a success. It's too early to count them out.

I was pretty much gonna say this.

While Nintendo management has made some of the most moronic, idiotic decisions in the past decade or so, this same management staff has also managed to put out 3 insanely profitable platforms in the process (Those being as of late the DS, Wii, and 3DS respectively).

I agree that Nintendos management has made some very ignorant decisions over the years (and still are making said decisions on a regular basis), but you can't argue with the success either.

Lets face it, Iwata is the Micheal Scott of the gaming world lol
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#6ChipChipperson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 1:18:04 AM(edited)
DeathSnipe777 posted...
>CEO refuses to fire his own workers, gives executives paycuts and forgoes bonuses instead

?

What Sessler is saying is that Iwata is the problem, not the guys manning the studios. They need somebody who is forward thinking instead of this insular community they've built for themselves.

The fans want games like F-Zero, Metroid and Star Fox....so give them to them. Don't leave these games up to how Miyamoto feels from day to day.

It's pretty much 2 or 3 older guys running Nintendo and they just don't get it anymore. They're old fashioned to their own detriment, they need fresh ideas. This being caught with their pants down at every console launch is tiresome.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#7nonexistingheroPosted 7/10/2013 1:17:11 AM
I agree. And Adam should be one of them.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8Neo_HeartlessPosted 7/10/2013 1:17:56 AM
Typical Western Business Practice. Mistakes made? Lay off EVERYONE apart from the executives responsible and then hire new staff who don't have the experience. It kills morale and lowers productivity, something Nintendo can ill afford at this point. Better the staff learn and grow from their mistakes, it helps in the long term.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#9METALINGUS5150Posted 7/10/2013 1:18:09 AM
Wow I expected to hate this video and argument but it's actually very smart, while I don't agree on every point he said, there are A LOT of things he said that actually make sense.
#10PUNCHOUT1116Posted 7/10/2013 1:18:38 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...

?

What Sessler is saying is that Iwata is the problem, not the guys manning the studios. They need somebody who is forward thinking instead of this insular community they've built for themselves.

The fans want games like F-Zero, Metroid and Star Fox....so give them to them. Don't leave these games up to how Miyamoto feels from day to day.

It's pretty much 2 or 3 older guys running Nintendo and they just don't get it anymore. They're old fashioned to their own detriment, they need fresh ideas. This being caught with their pants down at every console launch is tiresome.

I agree with this as well.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.