Adam Sessler:Ninty Should Fire People

#81F31LeopardPosted 7/10/2013 9:30:56 PM
CyricsServant posted...
F31Leopard posted...
Mikeisapoet posted...
F31Leopard posted...
F31Leopard should QFT. Acting like he knows how to run a business. What credentials does he have when it comes to running a billion dollar videogame company like Nintendo? None. He's just a poster on GameFAQs.

Okay and your point? Replacing my SN with Sessler's doesn't do anything. Try harder.

I never ran a pizzeria, therefore I can't criticize a chef when he drops a pizza on a dirty floor but chooses to serve it to me anyway.

That's more of a common sense issue and comparing that to what I'm pointing out is different. Sessler is no different than armchair coaches at a sports bar watching a football game on Sunday. There's a reason why Iwata is the CEO at Nintendo and Sessler is a "game journalist". Highly doubt he could do a better job than Iwata.
---
PSN:AE86CorollaLevin, NN ID:AE86CorollaLevin, XBL:AE86CorollaGTS
#82IokuaPosted 7/10/2013 9:31:30 PM
Crazy_tank51 posted...
Iokua posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Iokua posted...
It is time for new management, hell, it was time for new management after the 3DS launch. I wouldn't go so far as to fire Reggie, as NoA is a marketing branch not a developer, but Iwata needs to go and Miyamoto's power within the company should be drastically reduced.

Yes, just keep forgetting that the 3DS is doing spectacularly these days. I'm so glad people like you aren't in business.

Yet it had that first year where it sold poorly and they had to cut the price by close to a third and were no longer making a profit per unit sold. They were unprepared for the launch, and they overpriced the system, if Iwata was in touch with the industry he would have known that the system was too expensive, that 3D was a gimmick that would not last, that it was under powered and that it needed a strong first party lineup to sell. Whether or not it's doing well after they lost a crap load of money does not fix the mistakes made with the launch, especially since they're making the same mistakes with the Wii U. So please, take your fanboyish attitudes elsewhere.

If we went by your logic, Sony should have retired PS3 and the Vita in their first years and MS should have dropped out minutes after the first Xbox. It doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish.

I swear, Nintendo is the only company on Earth who can catch hell from people for offering job security and turning unprofitable items completely around. I give up on humanity.

THat's not my logic at all. Sony was presented with a problem with the PS3, how did they respond? They cut the price, focused on games and it's winding up this generation with over 70,000,000 units sold, and a rabid group of fans foaming at the mouth for the PS4 due to listening to their audience, cutting the pretentious ads that didn't do the PS3 any favors and by putting for a gamer friendly message. Sony learned from their mistakes even if they are, for god knows what reason, taking a dump all over the Vita. Nintendo, on the other hand, has clearly failed to learn from the failures of the 3DS launch as they had two years to get things right with the Wii U and it will take them nine months to start putting out games after the launch of the system.

Ironic that you would claim to give up on humanity for alleged stupidity, yet you're the one who apparently doesn't know how to read.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#83SlimeSwayzePosted 7/10/2013 10:29:30 PM
Skill4Reel posted...
While I empathize with what was being said in the video. I don't 100% agree. As I look at the imminent launches of XB1 and PS4. Almost every game for those consoles that I'm kind of interested in are coming from third parties.

By the time Infamous: Second Son releases in early 2014, Sony will already have more internally developed first party titles released within its first few months than Nintendo had in nearly a year. Regardless of what games you're interested in, it's still just a fact that Nintendo has screwed not only themselves, but their customers, with their absolute failure to support their own console with quality software. Even the games they have released have been underwhelming in that they have not raised the bar in terms of content, quality, or value. Nintendo Land, Wario Game & Watch, and NSMBU were all games that took the easy route, and they seem content to continue with that easy route moving forward. Yet somehow they can't even get these games out in a timely fashion even though they clearly aren't trying to raise the bar in any appreciable way.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#84DBPanterAPosted 7/10/2013 11:38:41 PM
Iokua posted...
Crazy_tank51 posted...
Iokua posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Iokua posted...
It is time for new management, hell, it was time for new management after the 3DS launch. I wouldn't go so far as to fire Reggie, as NoA is a marketing branch not a developer, but Iwata needs to go and Miyamoto's power within the company should be drastically reduced.

Yes, just keep forgetting that the 3DS is doing spectacularly these days. I'm so glad people like you aren't in business.

Yet it had that first year where it sold poorly and they had to cut the price by close to a third and were no longer making a profit per unit sold. They were unprepared for the launch, and they overpriced the system, if Iwata was in touch with the industry he would have known that the system was too expensive, that 3D was a gimmick that would not last, that it was under powered and that it needed a strong first party lineup to sell. Whether or not it's doing well after they lost a crap load of money does not fix the mistakes made with the launch, especially since they're making the same mistakes with the Wii U. So please, take your fanboyish attitudes elsewhere.

If we went by your logic, Sony should have retired PS3 and the Vita in their first years and MS should have dropped out minutes after the first Xbox. It doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish.

I swear, Nintendo is the only company on Earth who can catch hell from people for offering job security and turning unprofitable items completely around. I give up on humanity.

THat's not my logic at all. Sony was presented with a problem with the PS3, how did they respond? They cut the price, focused on games and it's winding up this generation with over 70,000,000 units sold, and a rabid group of fans foaming at the mouth for the PS4 due to listening to their audience, cutting the pretentious ads that didn't do the PS3 any favors and by putting for a gamer friendly message. Sony learned from their mistakes even if they are, for god knows what reason, taking a dump all over the Vita. Nintendo, on the other hand, has clearly failed to learn from the failures of the 3DS launch as they had two years to get things right with the Wii U and it will take them nine months to start putting out games after the launch of the system.

Ironic that you would claim to give up on humanity for alleged stupidity, yet you're the one who apparently doesn't know how to read.

You are right about Sony. However, the one thing you forgot to mention was due to these decisions made by Sony, they forgot to do this one critical thing in business: Make money. In fact, how much money do you think Sony has made off the PS3? If you guessed a positive number, you would be wrong:

http://playeressence.com/an-interesting-look-at-sonys-financial-situation-with-the-ps3/

Look, I honestly wish Sony success with the PS4, because they really need it, both financially as well as morally. I hope people who choose to buy the console enjoy it as well.

I just wish people would see both the pros and cons in their "entertainment" decisions regards video games. I enjoy Nintendo, but their lack of software to me indicates they choose not to bring in people with experience in developing HD games and have struggled mightily. It is the only plausible explanation for launching a console with nothing, and releasing games in 2013 that could have appeared on the Wii. The only Nintendo game I intend on buying in 2013 for the Wii U is Pikmin 3 (will get Wonderful 101, but that is a Platinum game).
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#85darkjedilinkPosted 7/11/2013 5:17:10 AM
Iokua posted...
Crazy_tank51 posted...
Iokua posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Iokua posted...

Uhh, so you're saying Nintendo can slash the price and turn it around and the CEO needs to be fired, but Sony can do the EXACT SAME THING and get praised for it.

You realize that, right?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#86HayashiTakaraPosted 7/11/2013 5:45:22 AM
Game Journalists are a joke, anyone can be one, it's why the pay is low and the requirements are virtually non-existent.
#87ymmac1707Posted 7/11/2013 5:54:26 AM
Yes Nintendo drop the ball with the Wii U, It is a much better console than people think. Nintendo financially: they are solid as a rock, so few pressure on management. If the Wii U sells only 20 million units in its life cycle, Nintendo will make less money but still profitable so again little pressure on management. Sony selling only 20 million PS4 in its life-cycle, now that would be a huge blow to Sony financials.

What would get a shake up in management if Nintendo loses the 5 to 12 year old gamers. Too Many "M" rated FPS on the other consoles to challenge Soccer mom's buying consoles for thier little 6 year old kids.

Don't forget, the best performing console currently is the Nintendo 3DS ( dominated by 5 to 12 years olds)

Sony is huge electronic conglomerate, Microsoft is a Software Company. Nintendo at heart is still a Toy Company, hence the difference in management.
#88shadowgamer_xPosted 7/11/2013 7:06:58 AM
diggyfresh posted...
We'll see. These guys have made the Wii a success, and the 3DS a success. It's too early to count them out.

In all fairness though, the Wii was a success largely due to dumb luck.