Miyamoto hints at his new IP to be released in 2014

#1-NotoriousLynxPosted 7/10/2013 6:46:13 AM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/10/4510162/miyamoto-talks-up-super-mario-3d-world-hints-at-new-franchise

Miyamoto also took a little time in the interview to mention the Wii U's most recent system update, as well as the new mystery game he's supposedly working on for 2014. "With the most recent version update," he said, "the system runs a lot better, and while there will continue to be improvements in the future, I think it's to the point where it's a convenient thing to have in the living room. Of course, these sorts of updates mean nothing if we don't put out games for it, and I hope people are looking forward to the games coming up. We'll have Mario Kart 8 out next spring, and at that point we'll have the whole lineup in place, so I think it's about time we brought out a new franchise. I can't give out details, but that's the title that's been keeping me pretty busy lately."
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/10/2013 6:48:15 AM
Stoked.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:55:09 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Stoked.

I believe the "hobby" Miyamoto is revolving the new game around is swimming, unless Steel Diver was suppose to be that, but I don't think that's really one of Miyamoto's games. Though, Nintendogs wasn't really one of his games either and he hopped on to the design of the game because he liked dog breeding.

Here's the news story from a while ago. I like how "news" in this industry is either tweets from Kamiya or what Miyamoto is interested in.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/07/01/miyamoto-preparing-new-character

Take this as a grain of salt as "it should be noted that Miyamoto may not have been speaking about his hobbies here", but I think a game that takes place in the sea, like Echo or Endless Ocean, could be really neat.
#4ChipChippersonPosted 7/10/2013 7:02:04 AM
Too bad Miyamotos hobbies don't include giving fans what they want i.e. F Zero, Starfox, etc.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#5Companion_Cube_Posted 7/10/2013 7:02:49 AM
Too bad none of you can see the gigantic smile on my face.
#6-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 7:05:57 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
Too bad Miyamotos hobbies don't include giving fans what they want i.e. F Zero, Starfox, etc.

When we get new IPs:

"No, Miyamoto, we want you to bring back our favorite games, like F-Zero and Star Fox already!"

When we get a classic game brought back:

"That's nice and all, but why not make a new series on par with these classics?"

I hate people like you. You should just be happy we aren't getting another Mario or Wii party game. When given actual good news, you still find a way to hate on it.
#7Jack_the_monke7Posted 7/10/2013 7:19:04 AM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
ChipChipperson posted...

When we get new IPs:

"No, Miyamoto, we want you to bring back our favorite games, like F-Zero and Star Fox already!"

When we get a classic game brought back:

"That's nice and all, but why not make a new series on par with these classics?"

I hate people like you. You should just be happy we aren't getting another Mario or Wii party game. When given actual good news, you still find a way to hate on it.

This is the internet. There is no way to win and anything will be criticized. Its a sad, terrible truth we have to accept.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#8DeathSnipe777Posted 7/10/2013 7:21:00 AM
inb4 another stupid Wii Music joke, 50 of which plague any topic with the words "Miyamoto" and "new IP" in the title.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#9arvilinoPosted 7/10/2013 7:24:44 AM(edited)
ChipChipperson posted...

Even as a fan I don't particularly want either of those.
#10BosSBaerPosted 7/10/2013 7:28:23 AM
Hope it's a new Nintendo Mascot.
---
PSN & NNID - BaerPwNz