Miyamoto hints at his new IP to be released in 2014

#51squidgy617Posted 7/10/2013 11:52:09 PM
kayoticdreamz posted...
G1ingy posted...
Otti_Opao posted...
BosSBaer posted...
Hope it's a new Nintendo Mascot.

Really? I hope to god its a mature game, as much as I love the Nintendo franchises and ive enjoyed NSMBU since ive had my Wii U id really like Nintendo to show all the third parties how to make a polished serious game and show how well it can sell on this system. Guess maybe im still a little butt sore from retro making another DK instead of Metroid though.

C.S. Lewis. posted...
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development."

while valid however part of being an adult is liking adult things. as a child Mr. Rogers, sesame street, barney, my little pony, and other things were cool. an adult has little desire nor place for childish things. somethings are just childish.

i think the complaint stems from people wanting nintendo to make some adult oriented games which mario really is not. sure its fun but it is far from an adult themed game and i dont mean that because its rated E.

in essence i want to see a nintendo product that isnt Mr. Rogers but rather Aliens or Star Trek or Buffy or something of the sorts.

Mario is more like Mickey Mouse than Mr. Rogers. He is something for all ages.
#52G1ingyPosted 7/11/2013 12:18:04 AM
kayoticdreamz posted...
G1ingy posted...
Otti_Opao posted...
BosSBaer posted...
Hope it's a new Nintendo Mascot.

Really? I hope to god its a mature game, as much as I love the Nintendo franchises and ive enjoyed NSMBU since ive had my Wii U id really like Nintendo to show all the third parties how to make a polished serious game and show how well it can sell on this system. Guess maybe im still a little butt sore from retro making another DK instead of Metroid though.

C.S. Lewis. posted...
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development."

while valid however part of being an adult is liking adult things. as a child Mr. Rogers, sesame street, barney, my little pony, and other things were cool. an adult has little desire nor place for childish things. somethings are just childish.

i think the complaint stems from people wanting nintendo to make some adult oriented games which mario really is not. sure its fun but it is far from an adult themed game and i dont mean that because its rated E.

in essence i want to see a nintendo product that isnt Mr. Rogers but rather Aliens or Star Trek or Buffy or something of the sorts.

People seem quick to forget Nintendo also own Fire Emblem. And say what you want about it, it's more mature than CoD/Battlefield/Homefront/etc. by virtue of not having a 12-year old's perception of what war is like.
#53AwayFromHerePosted 7/11/2013 12:29:11 AM
2014? Bulls***.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#54wisemiddsPosted 7/11/2013 12:31:56 AM
Oooh, I can't wait to play Mii and U play, Mii and my Nintendog, or Mii and my music! Why don't they just give us new F-Zero and Starfox already?!
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#55ZBug_Posted 7/11/2013 12:04:24 PM
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
-NotoriousLynx posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
Too bad Miyamotos hobbies don't include giving fans what they want i.e. F Zero, Starfox, etc.

When we get new IPs:

"No, Miyamoto, we want you to bring back our favorite games, like F-Zero and Star Fox already!"

When we get a classic game brought back:

"That's nice and all, but why not make a new series on par with these classics?"

I hate people like you. You should just be happy we aren't getting another Mario or Wii party game. When given actual good news, you still find a way to hate on it.

This is the internet. There is no way to win and anything will be criticized. Its a sad, terrible truth we have to accept.

Yes, but usually the "We want the classics back" people and the "We want new IPs" people are completely separate groups, so obviously at least one of the groups is going to upset at any given time.
So it's a little unfair for people like ChipChip, to say "you people" as if it's all one group that's never happy; when infact it's usually a divided group of people, where at least part of them is unhappy at any given time.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)