Why I think this gen will be PS4 vs WiiU

#1kingbadjoPosted 7/10/2013 10:36:51 AM
First let's look at the problem with the consoles:

The wii U is not selling well because of there are no games.

For the first year of the PS4 it's game line up is terrible, much like the wiiu.

XB1 will not sell well because a lot of people switched to ps4 when microsoft shot themselves in the foot. and although they changed the policy a lot of people were still so turned off they decided to not go back, and add that with the fact that they have no base in japan....
------------------------------------------
Also there is still and ass ton of games coming out for 360 and ps3 (dark souls 2, killer is dead, gta, etc) and most games coming out on the ps4/xb1 will also be out on the 360/ps3. So actually there is no need to buy either the xb1 or ps4 for like a year. Especially considering the price. and even worse for ps4 owners considering online is free on a ps3.

The reason the systems are sold out is because of us gamers who follow gaming news and go on message boards to talk about games. It's a temporary spike (much like the wiiU).
----------------------------------------------

Next year I think the WiiU will outsell the xb1 and ps4 for the previous reasons listed plus it will have a steady flow of games, (more than xb1 and ps4) and nintendo will better advertise. But this may only last a year but who knows. the momentum can just keep getting stronger.

I personally prefer the the xb1 to the ps4. But I think the only thing ps4 has going for it is it's price.Their price is going kill it. People will notice the extra $100. I do love the kinect though and think it has great potential. And the wiiU is $200 cheaper.
-----------------------------------------------
I am no fan boy and I could care less about who sells more. I think my PC-3ds combo destroys everything else. But I will still own all systems. I think this gen will be more of a wiiu vs ps4.

Some of you people may say that "the wiiu is a last gen console because of it's power" well that's not true... and most people don't even care. It might seem like people care but that's just because we spend our time on the internet with other people like us.

Thoughts?
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2matthewthemanPosted 7/10/2013 10:44:47 AM
I knew it would be the moment the XBOne was revealed. And yeha, I intend to get both Wii U and PS4, but I'm in no rush to get the latter as none of the games I want for it are coming out 'til probably at least next year.
---
Official Dunsparce of every message board
3DS FC: 0087-3597-0870
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/10/2013 10:46:24 AM
Personally I think it will be WiiU vs PS4.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4iKhanicPosted 7/10/2013 10:48:58 AM
Unnecessary. Everyone who has half a brain and paid attention last gen will know that.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#5RainingMetalPosted 7/10/2013 10:49:59 AM
Let's hope it will be that way. Microsoft never should have entered the console market. Thanks to them, we have tea-bagging, leet-speaking trashy players that influence the console player stereotype.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#6Gulma1Posted 7/10/2013 11:37:29 AM
kingbadjo posted...
First let's look at the problem with the consoles:

The wii U is not selling well because of there are no games.

For the first year of the PS4 it's game line up is terrible, much like the wiiu.

XB1 will not sell well because a lot of people switched to ps4 when microsoft shot themselves in the foot. and although they changed the policy a lot of people were still so turned off they decided to not go back, and add that with the fact that they have no base in japan....
------------------------------------------
Also there is still and ass ton of games coming out for 360 and ps3 (dark souls 2, killer is dead, gta, etc) and most games coming out on the ps4/xb1 will also be out on the 360/ps3. So actually there is no need to buy either the xb1 or ps4 for like a year. Especially considering the price. and even worse for ps4 owners considering online is free on a ps3.

The reason the systems are sold out is because of us gamers who follow gaming news and go on message boards to talk about games. It's a temporary spike (much like the wiiU).
----------------------------------------------

Next year I think the WiiU will outsell the xb1 and ps4 for the previous reasons listed plus it will have a steady flow of games, (more than xb1 and ps4) and nintendo will better advertise. But this may only last a year but who knows. the momentum can just keep getting stronger.

I personally prefer the the xb1 to the ps4. But I think the only thing ps4 has going for it is it's price.Their price is going kill it. People will notice the extra $100. I do love the kinect though and think it has great potential. And the wiiU is $200 cheaper.
-----------------------------------------------
I am no fan boy and I could care less about who sells more. I think my PC-3ds combo destroys everything else. But I will still own all systems. I think this gen will be more of a wiiu vs ps4.

Some of you people may say that "the wiiu is a last gen console because of it's power" well that's not true... and most people don't even care. It might seem like people care but that's just because we spend our time on the internet with other people like us.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't count Xbox out yet because the online gamers don't make a majority. I mean look how many PS fans there are compared to Xbox/Nintendo does that say PS3 destroyed 7th Gen? No. Online communities like this one make a very small minority.
---
Xbox WON!
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 7/10/2013 11:50:05 AM
It'll be PS4 vs. One, and the Wii U will be off on its own, just like last gen. PS4 will have a substantial lead based on Microsoft PR and PS4 pre-orders, but that could shrink over time. However, once the new consoles are out, much like the past generation, no one will have a compelling reason to buy an inferior version of a multiplatform title on the Wii U, just like they had no reason to buy them on the Wii (I mean, the few that did come to the Wii). Nintendo is once again going to be in its own little corner with a very small amount of third party exclusives and the majority of the console's worth coming from first party titles.

The only difference this time is that Nintendo's own little private share of the market has changed sizes. It was the non-gamer crowd that they drew in last time that gave them such a boost. Now, they haven't drawn in any crowd at all, and the non-gamers aren't buying another system. So, they'll just be off on their own again, except in last place. Not that it matters much because I'll be happy with both the Wii U and PS4 when they have games that I want to play on them (which, in the case of the PS4, is at launch).
---
Sig under construction.
#8plasticman13Posted 7/10/2013 11:57:10 AM
You're wrong, it's going to be PS4 vs. One.
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#9SegavsCapcomPosted 7/10/2013 11:58:49 AM
plasticman13 posted...
You're wrong, it's going to be PS4 vs. One.

This.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#10ShankspearePosted 7/10/2013 12:00:30 PM
I agree with your assessment for the most part. I do think the momentum will maintain though due to Smash Brothers and Mario Kart. I think the PS4 will gain a strong foothold once Metal Gear comes out. It will be the first big brand (aside from assassin's creed) action title on the system and even though it is not exclusive, Playstation pretty is associated with the series. But Xbox will not see any big uptake until that first halo game. At least I think.