Why I think this gen will be PS4 vs WiiU

#11Nostalgia_3Posted 7/10/2013 12:01:55 PM
I think this gen will be PS4 & Wii U.
#12iKhanicPosted 7/10/2013 12:02:46 PM
plasticman13 posted...
You're wrong, it's going to be PS4 vs. One.

No. The XBOX One won't be a competitive console. It's 500 dollars and has already earned itself a horrific reputation in the media. It has almost no features that the PS4 doesn't have and costs 100 dollars more.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#13Tech_SupportPosted 7/10/2013 12:06:49 PM
iKhanic posted...
plasticman13 posted...

No. The XBOX One won't be a competitive console. It's 500 dollars and has already earned itself a horrific reputation in the media. It has almost no features that the PS4 doesn't have and costs 100 dollars more.

same can be said of the Wii U; it's 50 dollars less than PS4 but far less value. PS4 comes with driveclub and don't even mention that it's not a full game; Nintendo Land is a freaking mini game collection for goodness sakes.
---
Stop. Posting. On the Wii Board. You're really this close away from a Suspension. - CyricZ
#14deimos91Posted 7/10/2013 12:11:18 PM
kingbadjo posted...
First let's look at the problem with the consoles:

The wii U is not selling well because of there are no games.

For the first year of the PS4 it's game line up is terrible, much like the wiiu.

XB1 will not sell well because a lot of people switched to ps4 when microsoft shot themselves in the foot. and although they changed the policy a lot of people were still so turned off they decided to not go back, and add that with the fact that they have no base in japan....
------------------------------------------
Also there is still and ass ton of games coming out for 360 and ps3 (dark souls 2, killer is dead, gta, etc) and most games coming out on the ps4/xb1 will also be out on the 360/ps3. So actually there is no need to buy either the xb1 or ps4 for like a year. Especially considering the price. and even worse for ps4 owners considering online is free on a ps3.

The reason the systems are sold out is because of us gamers who follow gaming news and go on message boards to talk about games. It's a temporary spike (much like the wiiU).
----------------------------------------------

Next year I think the WiiU will outsell the xb1 and ps4 for the previous reasons listed plus it will have a steady flow of games, (more than xb1 and ps4) and nintendo will better advertise. But this may only last a year but who knows. the momentum can just keep getting stronger.

I personally prefer the the xb1 to the ps4. But I think the only thing ps4 has going for it is it's price.Their price is going kill it. People will notice the extra $100. I do love the kinect though and think it has great potential. And the wiiU is $200 cheaper.
-----------------------------------------------
I am no fan boy and I could care less about who sells more. I think my PC-3ds combo destroys everything else. But I will still own all systems. I think this gen will be more of a wiiu vs ps4.

Some of you people may say that "the wiiu is a last gen console because of it's power" well that's not true... and most people don't even care. It might seem like people care but that's just because we spend our time on the internet with other people like us.

Thoughts?
i agree gens are not measured by raw power otherwise ps1 and n64 would be different gens anf i believe ms set themselves bavk years i switched and refuse to go back
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#15iKhanicPosted 7/10/2013 12:15:11 PM
Tech_Support posted...
iKhanic posted...
plasticman13 posted...

same can be said of the Wii U; it's 50 dollars less than PS4 but far less value. PS4 comes with driveclub and don't even mention that it's not a full game; Nintendo Land is a freaking mini game collection for goodness sakes.

No, the Wii U didn't shoot itself in the foot with an anticonsumer reputation. The Wii U doesn't cost a price that has proven not to be worth it to consumers (and its $100 less by the way). It is unique with Miiverse, the Gamepad, BC with the Wii, and better support for motion control.

Nintendo's audience is also different from the PS4. The PS4 targets gamers who are very dedicated to dark, mature, and violent games. Nintendo targets broader audiences.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#16trenkenPosted 7/10/2013 12:20:24 PM
Everyone wrote the 360 off before it came out. There was no reason for it to be successful. It was way too expensive at that time, and the original xbox could not compete with the PS2. It was completely obliterated.

And what happened? The 360, even without selling well in Japan still managed to outsell the PS3 and has been the top selling console for something like 28 straight months.

I would not write off the X1 just yet. Dont forget that even if it lags behind that first year before a price drop, one price drop and a few amazing games can turn it all around in a heartbeat.

Gamers are fickle and all own time machines. Every single gen they make predictions and then just end up with mud on their faces when theyre wrong.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#17iKhanicPosted 7/10/2013 12:31:03 PM
trenken posted...
Everyone wrote the 360 off before it came out. There was no reason for it to be successful. It was way too expensive at that time, and the original xbox could not compete with the PS2. It was completely obliterated.

And what happened? The 360, even without selling well in Japan still managed to outsell the PS3 and has been the top selling console for something like 28 straight months.

I would not write off the X1 just yet. Dont forget that even if it lags behind that first year before a price drop, one price drop and a few amazing games can turn it all around in a heartbeat.

Gamers are fickle and all own time machines. Every single gen they make predictions and then just end up with mud on their faces when theyre wrong.

The 360 did fine because it was the first console out and Sony shot themselves in the foot that time. This time it's the opposite, the XB1 is more expensive and consumers hate it, the PS4 is an incredibly attractive console, even to me as a Nintendo fan.
---
#18ShankspearePosted 7/10/2013 12:37:20 PM
Tech_Support posted...
iKhanic posted...
plasticman13 posted...

..........what? Seriously used Drive Club as an example? Drive Club, which will keep swallow by the beast that is Gran Turismo 6? Drive Club which has absolutely no competition on the Wii U to begin with except.......Project Cars and NFS MWU? Drive Club which is pretty much a free game for buying the system? LMAO

Anyway, right now PS4 is directly competing with Xbox One. So I don't think they are even focused on the Wii U right now. It's launch lineup isn't even trying to compete with Nintendo's software, so I agree with whoever said it will be PS4 & Wii U.
#19jackorhoadsPosted 7/10/2013 12:39:23 PM
Or!...Wiiu and PS4. Thats my plan anyway - got a wiiu and will give the ps4 a year to get more games then boom next gen is here.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#20plasticman13Posted 7/10/2013 12:42:00 PM
iKhanic posted...
plasticman13 posted...

Doesn't matter. The WiiU will not pick up in sales at all and all the Xbox One fiasco has done is guarantee more PS4 sales, not WiiU sales.
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5