How did the Best Buy even Demo go?

#1Gulma1Posted 7/10/2013 2:29:49 PM
So I'm wondering how this event went for Nintendo. Did it gain some much needed attention? or was it all just a money sink?

I never went so I don't know. Anyone who did go or has any idea of what happened I'd like to know.
---
Xbox WON!
#2G1ingyPosted 7/10/2013 2:31:18 PM
There is something seriously wrong with the wording in your title...

(as for the EVENT demo...there was a mix of college students and fathers with their kids. Know what was interesting? Zero mothers, only fathers care enough to bring their kids along)
#3Glem3Posted 7/10/2013 2:32:13 PM
I went to the Nintendo World Store Demo and it seemed like it was going pretty well. From what I heard, lines were like 2 hours+ everywhere but that doesn't really say much since I heard a lot of people were getting 15 minutes with each game...
#4freezemanPosted 7/10/2013 2:43:11 PM
I went and watched people until I realized I had to sign a list instead of sitting in the (what I thought was) short line. 3.5 hour wait for a 4 hour (hard time closed) event. They said waiting times would be carried over on Saturday's events. 1 station, which was complete crap, so I left. I'm fine with waiting until this year to play those titles.
---
"The car in my battery died??? wtf" - Richie259
#5Numbuh100Posted 7/10/2013 2:51:31 PM
G1ingy posted...

(as for the EVENT demo...there was a mix of college students and fathers with their kids. Know what was interesting? Zero mothers, only fathers care enough to bring their kids along)

There were mothers at the Best Buy event I was at.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#6TimeaisisPosted 7/10/2013 3:39:30 PM
I was there. I spent like 2+ hours in line to play 5 minutes of DKCTF and MK8...

Worth it.
---
3DS FC: 0731-4970-3925
#7DBPanterAPosted 7/10/2013 6:16:23 PM
I went both Wednesday and Saturday.

The fact is it really depends on what location you went to, the day you went, and how the Nintendo reps at that store allocating play time. The idea behind it was that is was supposed to mimic the lines of E3.

I will say that I go to enough Nintendo events in my area to know my local rep, so I got a little extra when I went Saturday (I played all the games).

Look, it was simply a demo of each game. If you want my impressions, I can honestly say I thought all the games were actually really good. The game play was great, I couldn't stop smiling and laughing playing Donkey Kong (a franchise I do NOT play), and even Mario was cute. However, I do not view Windwaker as a $60 purchase because in November a brand new one lands on the 3DS. I will not buy Donkey Kong, but I think people who enjoy the franchise will enjoy this game. I will not buy Mario, and this is the first Mario plat former I will not buy dating to Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt because of the emphasis on multi-player, and I have had 2 people people my Wii U that I purchases at launch. Completely unacceptable to stress multi-player in 2013 without having on-line be in the discussion. I will rent Mario and beat it in a weekend, but not spend $60 for that experience.

Biggest issue is the game that could honestly help move Wii U consoles is Mario Kart 8. It will not be released until March. I guess if I were Nintendo, I would work overtime to get that out this year because putting Donkey Kong in the same month as two brand new consoles shows they are not trying.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#8NeoMonkPosted 7/10/2013 6:25:55 PM
Passed by the nintendo store in time square & saw nothing... really smart for them to not have it available in the most crowded area of NYC.... really smart nintendo...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#9Glem3Posted 7/10/2013 6:27:03 PM
Passed by the nintendo store in time square & saw nothing... really smart for them to not have it available in the most crowded area of NYC.... really smart nintendo...

Uh... That's where I played it, and it was packed.
#10DiscostewSMPosted 7/10/2013 6:30:52 PM
G1ingy posted...

Duh! Of course mothers wouldn't be present. It's an electronic store.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project